Basman style cruiser with Mac and A123 20ah "FINISHED"

That is really really nice Matt. The design, finish and attention to detail are something else.To think you put that together from bent tubes and the basic raw materials and ended up with a a polished end product like that, working from Home, in your spare time, is quite amazing. Hat's off to you my friend 8)

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone.
Cheers to Paul, Cell Man, who supplied the Ebike kit for this build.
I regularly purchase kits and components from Paul and I can't overstate the quality of his batteries etc and his service is second to none. A brilliant vendor to have with us here on ES.

Some night time photos.

This shot shows the four illuminated switches for, DC/DC converter, controller on/off, tail light, and blue LED strip.
IMG_2188.jpg

Blue LED's on and some may notice that I made a Basman style seat post so I could get the seat forward, the bike was too long for me previously.

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

Nice build. The white and blue goes very well together. Super clean.

In my head I can see this style of bike with a full on suspension, preferable hidden rear shock. maybe a pull shock mounted under the main frame, to help make riding a bit more comfortable for my old carcass.

izeman said:
I think fat bike tires would look great and add some suspension comfort w/o the need of 'real suspension'.

Well that will depend on the top speed and how often OP rides at top speed, or speed fast enough to really notice each and every bump. At lower cruising speed I am sure the fat tires alone will give some comfort, but as speed increases tires alone will not cut it. Have you ridden a hard tail motorcycle on real world streets with pot holes and freeze lines across the pavement? Sure they look cool but they ride like crap on bad surface roads. Then if you switch directly to a soft tail you can not believe how much more comfortable the rides get from the added shock(s) in the rear. Also I think hard tails are harder on the general wear of a bike. Things tends to vibrate to shit and fatigue might be an issue over time if ridden faster then beach side cruising speed.

A little digression. In my younger years I had the fortune to be able to work up north past the arctic circle for two years. I was recently fresh out of school and was riding an 7 years old Ford I had for 5 years. After the first winter up in the northern norway the car was not recognizable. There where noise from all of the interior, squeaking, rittle, and what not. Front end of car was a mess and rear end needed a tune up too. When I dropped the car for a price quote at a garage the owner told me this all came from driving on the harsh surfaced road up north. Ice covered roads for 6 months a year. All trucks and haulers rode with tire chains, and those tire chains chipped away chinks of ice and snow while they was driving their big rigs so the thick layers of ice on the road was like and endless terrible washboard that made everything vibrate to shit. Needless to say I left everything but the front end like it was and got myself an old beaten Honda XL for summer transport, no sense in sinking good money on a car that would take the same beating the next winter :D

Back