BBS02B controller.

wehey

10 mW
Hiya all.

I was riding my BBS02b a few months back and parked the bike up after the ride. All was good with the world 😀
4 days later I went to go for another ride and the unit wouldn’t fire up. No power to the display and no response from the controller when I plugged my laptop into it. ……. So I’m presuming the controller has had it! I just find it really strange that it was working just fine one day, then then whilst sitting in the shed it died….
Anyway, I didn’t have the cash to buy a new controller and I didn’t really know if this was the actual problem at the time and didn’t want to throw money at it.

So in order to keep riding I refitted my old hub motor…… a few weeks in it appears that it has a hall sensor problem!!

So I am at a crossroads and need to spend some money to keep riding.

The question that i need answering is this…Will the BBSHD controller fit into the BBS02B motor and run at 48v? I will also limit it to 25A as that’s the limit of my battery. From what little information I have gathered it appears that it will fit and the only mod needed is to change the connectors.

I don’t want to spend money on another BBS02 controller as they appear too fragile and I can’t be buying a new one every 6 months when it decides to die.

a BBSHD controller would be the perfect solution for me if it works. If not then I will spend my money on a new hub motor as I want reliability at the end of the day.

Any advise would be appreciated

it wont fit...but you can use it lol its just different ratios or parts is all from the main motor unit plus you will get 30amps... instead of 25amps. you can buy a new bbs02b controller on aliexpress if you want perfect fit and no hassle.

Back