User profiles (BBS02B, BBSHD) for BBS-FW (Daniel Nilsson's Open Source Firmware)

vidriago

10 mW
Hi mates.

I'm making this thread just for sharing user profiles for BAFANG (or Luna or 8FUN mid-drives, it's the same but just rebranded) motors.

This post is oriented only for BBS02B (500/750w) and BBSHD (1000w) (and maybe the Tongsheng motor which runs also with this firmware), in essence every controller running Daniel Nilsson's Firmware, NOT OFFICIAL FIRMWARE, NOT ANOTHER MOTORS!

If you wanna share your profile, please specify:

• Motor (BBS02B, BBSHD or Tongsheng)
  • Battery voltage (36V/48V/52V/whatever)
  • Firmware version used (VERY IMPORTANT, DIFFERENT VERSIONS MAY DIFFER IN SETTINGS AND CAUSE ANNOYING PROBLEMS!!!)
  • Description of your profile

At bottom you can download my 4 profiles (each every version, I'd been improving it just by my way of riding it term of power-by-cadence, shift timings, more appropriated technical parameters about voltages, etc.), and 5 more profiles that I've adapted based on this strongly recommendable guide (all is for BBS02B, so can be used in BBSHD without problems but you may increase amps from 25 to 30 and adapt voltages, cadences and another parameters with config tool).

• All my profiles were made for my BBS02B, 48V battery, FW 1.3.1, MTB wheel size 29 inch, 44t chainring, 11s shimano cassete, shift sensor and stock throttle... All can be changed by the tool prior to flash so I engage you to experiment and adapt yours. Bafang motors lack of torque sensor and if you want the best for you, you must tweak it fine just for yourself and your pedaling style/cadence.
  • Normal and Sports mode switching lights in mode 0, in all those profiles, normal mode is just the same as sports mode but limited to 25KM/H, throttle disabled -except in normal-PAS0 where is used only if you are spinning as a real-time power selector- and power (%) is set just at half as Sport. All is for being likely as a 'legal' and bored ebike in appearance compliant with european weird, liberticide and stupid laws
  • About adapted profiles: I started making my own taking em3ev and tweaking and I actually haven't tested another profiles because I'm awesome with my config.
  • If you have BBSHD, you must adapt not only max current; take in mind max cadence (RPM) is about 180?? (I'm not really sure, I read is 150 for BBS02B), is not bad idea to adapt cadences in mid and low assist multiplying by 0.8
  • Kepler's profile doesn't reduce/cut power when you reach a certain cadence (it's limited by motor cadence which is surely higher than you can reach, unless you're Sonic the hedgehog), it means you may exceed your speed more than you desire if you're riding in flat. I don't recommend this profile if you wanna ride in pedestrian or dangerous zones (maybe until speed cut by assist level are implemented)
  • NEW: Created an excel table for power, cadence and level relations, it may be useful if you wanna tweak your profile (changing values in numerical cells) or just understand my last profiles
V4.png

V5.png

Attachments

• bbs02b 1.3 - em3ev.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 61
  • bbs02b 1.3 - EMPowered Cycles.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 38
  • bbs02b 1.3 - Karl's special sauce.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 51
  • bbs02b 1.3 - Kepler.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 37
  • bbs02b 1.3 - Lectric Cycles e-RAD.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Vidriago's v4 bbs02b FIRMWARE 1.3.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Vidriago's v5 bbs02b FIRMWARE 1.3.xml
    4.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Profiles.xlsx
    41 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Could you explain this a bit more? It doesn't make sense to me:-

• Normal and Sports mode switching lights in mode 0, in all those profiles, normal mode is just the same as sports mode but limited to 25KM/H, throttle disabled -except in normal-PAS0 where is used only if you are spinning as a real-time power selector- and power (%) is set just at half as Sport. All is for being likely as a 'legal' and bored ebike in appearance compliant with european weird, liberticide and stupid laws

Are you say if you are in pas 0 mode, if you switch the lights on and off, it switches between normal and sport mode?

Yes that is correct, pas 0 + lights button switches between normal and sport mode. That way you get 20 pas levels. For that you need BBS-FW of course.

Could you explain this a bit more? It doesn't make sense to me:-

Are you say if you are in pas 0 mode, if you switch the lights on and off, it switches between normal and sport mode?
That's true, for me it's the best mode to keep illumination system functional

Updated my profile to V5 - this time I've limitated PAS power to 70% in PAS9 (actually I use 6 levels system, for me is PAS6) I've done it cause having higher PAS levels can be dangerous and is not neccesary for this motor (you will reach about 800W in last level for continuous). For having a +70% power boost just use the throttle, or in you haven't one, just use V4.

Last edited:
Hi mates.

I'm making this thread just for sharing user profiles for BAFANG (or Luna or 8FUN mid-drives, it's the same but just rebranded) motors.

This post is oriented only for BBS02B (500/750w) and BBSHD (1000w) (and maybe the Tongsheng motor which runs also with this firmware), in essence every controller running Daniel Nilsson's Firmware, NOT OFFICIAL FIRMWARE, NOT ANOTHER MOTORS!

If you wanna share your profile, please specify:

• Motor (BBS02B, BBSHD or Tongsheng)
  • Battery voltage (36V/48V/52V/whatever)
  • Firmware version used (VERY IMPORTANT, DIFFERENT VERSIONS MAY DIFFER IN SETTINGS AND CAUSE ANNOYING PROBLEMS!!!)
  • Description of your profile

At bottom you can download my 4 profiles (each every version, I'd been improving it just by my way of riding it term of power-by-cadence, shift timings, more appropriated technical parameters about voltages, etc.), and 5 more profiles that I've adapted based on this strongly recommendable guide (all is for BBS02B, so can be used in BBSHD without problems but you may increase amps from 25 to 30 and adapt voltages, cadences and another parameters with config tool).

• All my profiles were made for my BBS02B, 48V battery, FW 1.3.1, MTB wheel size 29 inch, 44t chainring, 11s shimano cassete, shift sensor and stock throttle... All can be changed by the tool prior to flash so I engage you to experiment and adapt yours. Bafang motors lack of torque sensor and if you want the best for you, you must tweak it fine just for yourself and your pedaling style/cadence.
  • About adapted profiles: I started making my own taking em3ev and tweaking and I actually haven't tested another profiles because I'm awesome with my config.
  • If you have BBSHD, you must adapt not only max current; take in mind max cadence (RPM) is about 180?? (I'm not really sure, I read is 150 for BBS02B), is not bad idea to adapt cadences in mid and low assist multiplying by 0.8
  • Kepler's profile doesn't reduce/cut power when you reach a certain cadence (it's limited by motor cadence which is surely higher than you can reach, unless you're Sonic the hedgehog), it means you may exceed your speed more than you desire if you're riding in flat. I don't recommend this profile if you wanna ride in pedestrian or dangerous zones (maybe until speed cut by assist level are implemented)
  • NEW: Created an excel table for power, cadence and level relations, it may be useful if you wanna tweak your profile or just understand my last profiles
View attachment 334038

View attachment 334039
Can you attach the excel file?

Back