Bike Friendly City?

Harump. Somebuddy has to put their foot down!
http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/prevention/injury_prevention/traffic/county/suffolk/suffolk_co_res_fs.pdf

Nasty cyclists. These daze, ya can't tell. Some may be those nasty ebikers! Ban `em all!

Ummm... My guess? "Hypothermia". And most sailors know to "keep a weather eye out" (check weather forecasts - but don't trust them.) And Canadiens maybe (the "scouts" among us) know to bring lots of layers of clothing, etc. To BE PREPARED to "camp OUT".

i was T boned by a guy leaving the home depot parking lot too. i know he was looking left all the time he was running through the stop sign at the exit of the parking lot and he was one foot over in my lane. he never even saw me until he was about 2 feet away from and by the time he got his foot on the brake he was well over the stop line and into the sidewalk.

i was also coming from the right side while he was looking left, but his vision of me, early as he approached the exit stop, was blocked by bushes they put up at the exit to make it pretty so if/when he had looked initially i would have been hidden by the bush because the street was several feet below the level of the parking lot.

When a vehicle fails to make a complete stop at a stop sign and rolls through, the blind spot created by the windshield pillar is sometimes moving at the speed of a pedestrian or bicycle approaching from the side, effectively making them invisible to the vehicle operator. I always try to have eye contact with drivers to see if in fact they are even looking at all; but bushes, signs, and other vehicles block their view all too often.

Back