Bosch 550 error code. What does it mean?

sparkyuiop

10 µW
Hello all.

I have been reading this forum with interest but I am not able to find anything more specific on the Bosch error code 550.
I have the Bosch Active Line Plus motor on the Purion system.

My bike has factory fitted lights that turn on with a press of the '+' button. Recently my front light stopped working and was only showing about 1.5v at the socket where it connects, on the side of the motor.

I could only remedy the situation by disconnecting the back light from it's socket and use it instead to power the front one. I had to also change the plug (observing polarity) as the front and back lights have different fittings.

All was working fine today for about 30 mins until I stopped at Tesco and found the bike would not turn on again when I came out. The motor does click when turned on but nothing on the display comes up.

If I connect the charger to the bike the charging display shows it charging correctly. Then if I remove the charging plug the bike powers on and works fine but shows error code '550'. After I turn it off I need to connect the charger again to turn it on.

Anyone got any ideas on this I would very much like to hear them as I am am amatuer at this but have some electronics experience.

E-HP said:
Have you tried disconnecting the lights to see if the error code goes away?

Thank you. Yes I have but still get the error.

I just read this: https://www.bosch-presse.de/presspo...e-systems-protects-against-tuning-192393.html

I have the 2020 firmware and I moved the speed controller to the pedal (the usual way) yesterday. I rode about 4 miles before this error happened today. According to that info I may have activated the anti-tuning software and pised it off maybe?

I have just restored the sensor back to it's bracket. I'll try riding it for 90 minutes and see if that resets it. If not it looks like I may have screwed my warranty!

Just an update if anyone is interested.

The bike will sometimes now turn on (not often) without using the charger and if the battery is fully charged then it takes longer!

When it does come on it says 'error 550' which clears if I push the power button once. This error and it not turning on happened at the same time as the back light failing. As I said previously the front had failed some weeks before.

I have now disconnected the lights from where they plugged into the motor. I can no longer turn on the light circuit by holding the '+' button which should show the LCD icon.

The Bosch explanation of error 550 is (after some searching) as follows:
An inadmissible electrical load has been detected

I had to look that up and found this:
The invention relates to a device for detecting an inadmissible operating state, which comprises detection means (12) for detecting at least one supply voltage (UB), evaluation means (18) that evaluate the profile of the supply voltage (UB) and that detect an inadmissible operating state on the basis of voltage variations of the supply voltage (UB) and trigger an alarm. According to the invention, the evaluation means (18) detect at least one piece of information about the operating state of an electrical load (36, 38) supplied by the supply voltage (UB) and trigger the alarm in accordance with this information.

I think it is safe to conclude that the 2020 Bosch Purion active line plus system doesn't like it's lights messed with. I doubt that is connected to why it only sometimes switches on or to what caused them the lights to fail but if anyone has any thoughts please do share!

Thank you all

Back