Building a battery pack

mudflap5

100 W
Looking for ideas on completing a battery pack. The pack is 14S 6P 18650's. It is glued and spot welded together with the BMS installed. I have purchased large heat shrink to wrap the pack. Is there a good way to protect the pack? What material is best to use between the the batteries and the outer heat shrink skin? Looking for something that will provide good protection, but not be too bulky or heavy.

Coroplast. Corrugated plastic sign material. Sprouts like daisies along the roadsides during election years. Easy to cut and seam with package sealing tape and is more durable than you think.
Available at Home Depot but try a local sign shop. They often have scraps that they are willing to give away.

Excellent idea. There is plenty of it around here!

Had an old Ping pack. It was pretty much toast, so I took it apart. Noticed it has some kind of thin plastic sheeting, maybe it was a fiber glass material. Anyone familiar with this type of material and where to get it?

I don't know where to get it, but it's usually called something like FRP or GRP (fiber or glass reinforced plastic) and there's often some 4 or 5mm foam that's sticky on both sides between it and the cells...I just googled it and smooth frp sheets got a lot of hits

Back