Bulk charging via digital DC-DC boost Minghe BST-900W

And I got my flatpack2 from here for $50: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELTEK-FLATPACK2-48V-RECTIFIER-241115-001-/292174710961?hash=item4406f848b1:g:1ocAAOSwuxFY0eNM

tostino said:
And I got my flatpack2 from here for $50: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELTEK-FLATPACK2-48V-RECTIFIER-241115-001-/292174710961?hash=item4406f848b1:g:1ocAAOSwuxFY0eNM

Great price if the S/H wasnt too too high. For Canada its another $50USD, so $100USD total shipped, which is $130CAD, another thing is if you are using it at 220V outlet its great, but 110V outlet its derated. I'm not sure if its the 33A it states on the sticker, for some reason I thought it was closer to 20A which is why i discounted it for 110V outlet.

Looking for the 110V current output
http://www.eltek.com/photoalbum/view2/P3NpemU9b3JnJmlkPTY2NjQxMiZ0eXBlPTE
Then if you search document for "110V/125V Systems" you will find
241115. 805B is 10A on 110V
241115. 805 is 15A on 110V
Good news is you can share current up to 8 units, or 80A(B model) or 135A (non B model)

It is interesting. Another one to look at is the HRP and RSP models.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83288&p=1246231&hilit=rsp#p1246231
The RSP are made for different purpose and have better resistance on vibrations and IP water resistance while the server power supply are made to be static... RSP serie from meanwell is one of the most tought power supply i have ever seen. Eltek offer now some of the most high power density ever acheived with the S serie from flatpack.. each brands have their pros and cons

Doc

markz said:
tostino said:

Great price if the S/H wasnt too too high. For Canada its another $50USD, so $100USD total shipped, which is $130CAD, another thing is if you are using it at 220V outlet its great, but 110V outlet its derated.

Wow that's some terrible shipping mark up. I had $12 shipping when I ordered in the US.

Any suggestions for how to get this charger to cutoff at a specific low current rate? After the CC, CV, when the current under CV has dropped to C / 10?

Someone had mentioned a low current dropoff circuit above, any one doing that?

Thanks

Is it known if this thing has a diode before the output, so that one isn't needed if charging a battery with it?

The manual says that it's ok to charge a battery - no mention of a diode. Just to disable the output (SET), and then connect battery, and then enable.

I used my DC BST900w Boost Converter to charge my e-bike , we had a storm this weekend that blew my bike away while the charger was still plugged in and pulled the charger into some water

now I thought I had dried it all but forgotten to empty out the water out of the socket of the controllers breadboard , so when I started it up the voltage kept creeping up until it hit max voltage and something zapped , I can not see any damage however , but it no longer outputs boosted voltage if I have 24v input it will not output 53v but will output only 24v @ 0 amps and has VO and CC LED lit , if I have 48v input ( 52 ish volts) it will just pass that through and show the current draw but will not limit the current or limit the output voltage , ideally all I need is a current limiter to get me out of trouble I keep the 13s lithium cells @ 53.3V and want to charge them @ 1a ( 4a Max )

any idea where I should start looking , if trying to boost from 24v to 48v ( 53.3v ) the constant Voltage LED lights up then goes immediately off
the circuit can still detect the voltage on the output side

these are cheap but I need a solution for charging my bike while I wait for a replacement

https://www.banggood.com/B900W-NC-DC-Constant-Current-Power-Supply-Boost-Module-Ammeter-p-1059239.html?cur_warehouse=CN

need to read this

Guys I want to boost 50V to 117V for a range extending pack for my Zeros. Think this will work?
Mine has 150v rated parts. Anyone notice the second spot for a second diode that's not populated?

Greetings when these 900W DC-DC stop working, is it usually the mosfets?

If yes is it the bigger one or the smaller one?

I am on my second one technically; each time it is somewhat user error that caused them to fail. Ninja smoke can out of the first one. After I placed the unit on a metal surface while it was powered on.

I have had the last unit up to 600 watts charging at 40 Volts at 15 amps.

I would like to know their way to beef them up make them more reliable or what replacement part will I need to keep? I do not mind soldering.

Please advise... I will pay you

Thanks

I have several BST900 (2 in my solar shed to charge ebike batteries, another one to transfer energy in a more open way)
I noticed only 1 had the IXYS part, the other two were the inferior Fairchild reference.
I managed to bulk charge one of my batteries at 6Amp, the input current was like 12amp, and the BST 900 survived. Granted, I have populated the empty schottky rectifier slot with another identical rectifier, and was probably lucky too. But all of them are still working after 3+ years of service (2 of them having had everyday use or so). I have beefed up the traces with solder wire of course.

I found this one referenced on Mouser, if anyone wants to upgrade their BST 900:
IXFH170N25X3 , 250 V, 170A, 7.4 mOhms (half of the resistance of the original IXYS, way lower than the Fairchild rated at 28 (!!) mOhms)

Should be my next purchase for these devices, should any of them fail due to the FET heating too much. :bigthumb:

jerome_speedy said:
I have several BST900 (2 in my solar shed to charge ebike batteries, another one to transfer energy in a more open way)
I noticed only 1 had the IXYS part, the other two were the inferior Fairchild reference.
I managed to bulk charge one of my batteries at 6Amp, the input current was like 12amp, and the BST 900 survived. Granted, I have populated the empty schottky rectifier slot with another identical rectifier, and was probably lucky too. But all of them are still working after 3+ years of service (2 of them having had everyday use or so). I have beefed up the traces with solder wire of course.

Why did you add a second schottky diode ? Was it missing one component ? Wondering if this was on purpose for normal function or if they just cheaped out on part ...

Matador

Hi,

I'm trying to use the BST-900 DC-DC boost to charge my 36V e-bike battery with solar panels. It seems difficult to get optimal power on a sunny day with some clouds. When I choose the maximum obtainable constant current on a sunny day with some clouds, the device stops as soon as some clouds pass by or when the sun is a little lower. Is there a way to let the device produce as much current as possible under varying conditions? or would the changing current during charging be bad for my battery?

Thanks

Has anyone here had an issue where the controller unit is driving the boost converter at a 15kHz switching frequency, instead of 150kHz?

The two units I ordered off "factoryfloorsweepings.com" last year were running at that in DCM boost mode, which made it incredibly annoying as my ears can hear that frequency.

Max

Back