Bzhwindtalker's Blue FR (GNG mid drive)

I get 35-45 min of hard riding, but the motor overheats at about 20-25 min and I have a performance loss. Having footpegs really helped me to improve my riding and skills. I could setup a 3 speed pedal chainline but it would be a step back in riding experiance for me. Can't wait for the new bike to be done ;)

urban freeriding POV. I should have used 720p for wider FOV... This ride was very dangerous, too much people on the quays, but it was fun on the other hand!
[youtube]TrplvcidMBk[/youtube]

I must say that I absolutely love your videos!
Almost always very good editing and suitable music choise.

Also I´m very jealous of you riding skills.
I am very soon completing a build based on a DH-frame with a Cromotor hub and 24FET controller, hoping I will be able to ride similar to you. Although I already know this will not be possible since the bike weighs in at probably 50kg and the hub motor will be hard to control :cry:

Keep up the good work, both in filming and building.

Im using A 12 fet KU123 in sensorless mode at 70A peak beacause my halls have failed and I didn't order some to replace them yet :lol: the throttle curve sucks at low rpm, there is a "soft start"

Check out my new YT channel promo video :
[youtube]nsNnu2z5wzs[/youtube]

Having just done a design manifesto myself, I can tell you that was fantastic. Very professional, showed exactly where you are coming from, loved it. May have to revisit my manifesto now...

Thanks guys, there is still plenty of work ahead to make really good videos!
Same goes for photography, but taking pictures of yourself isnt very easy! I want to do a wall ride on this spot on the big rock, that would be a sick picture with a good flash and good photographer ;)
164287_10151611560214617_515228061_n.jpg

428725_10151611561124617_638435935_n.jpg

941881_10151611589959617_230949119_n.jpg

How is the #219 conversion holding up? Can we get some more details on how you mounted the #219 rear sprocket? I'm thinking about doing a similar conversion on my bike, my bike chains are stretching too quickly.

Also, more videos! :)

#219 is the shit!Very silent and strong. I decomissioned my blue FR as I had one of my hardcase puff, and I wanted to work on my new bike.
I used a 180mm disc brake to mount the kart sprokect on the freewheel hub. I then bolted this disc brake to two small freewheel cogs. If I bult this bike again I would try to get the motor chain working on the left side and keep the regular bike drive train. Fitting a disc brake and a sprocket may be tricky but it has been done on rc builds. The biggest issue I faced was getting the chainline to work with the regular swing-arm.

On the video front, my exams are done so I should be able to finish my LMX P1 E-moto project in the coming weeks :wink:

the oset 2.0 uses a #219 chain and sprockets the rear is a 219 sprocket carrier that uses the standard 6 bolt brake fitting. They dont list these adaptors on there web site so you would need to phone a oset dealer to find out price and availablity..

they also do a custom rear hub that has the 6 bolt brake fittings on both sides of the hub..

I have a spare 24" hardtail street trials bike with v-brakes that I think would be perfect for a left hand drive RC build like suggested. The OSET sprockets are exactly what I'm looking for, looks like I can get an 82t or 86t easily: http://osetbikes.com/gb/20-0-48v-parts-2/drivetrain-2/

I can't find anything about a OSET spider/carrier for standard 219 sprockets, is that something new?

I've designed a 219 secondary drive for the GNG. The 12 tooth driver is close to ready, the adapter for the GNG BB is ready now. You can run any 5 1/4" kart sprocket you want in a wide variety of tooth counts. 75 teeth is about the same diameter as the GNG 1/2" 44 tooth. Picture of adapter plate and 80T below. Adapter for Cyclone BB with 5 bolt freewheel coming soon.

219-1.jpg

219-2.jpg

With a 12 tooth driver sprocket the reduction ratio is 6.66:1. Stock GNG secondary is 3.66:1.

bee said:
I have a spare 24" hardtail street trials bike with v-brakes that I think would be perfect for a left hand drive RC build like suggested. The OSET sprockets are exactly what I'm looking for, looks like I can get an 82t or 86t easily: http://osetbikes.com/gb/20-0-48v-parts-2/drivetrain-2/

I can't find anything about a OSET spider/carrier for standard 219 sprockets, is that something new?

No Its not new, its just that they do not list them on there site, I have no idea way they are not listed...

Oset do a 10t front 'D' 219 sprocket ,, just wish they had more sizes other than 10t.. :-(

Not the GNG but its sucessor ;) I'm still working on the full video.
[youtube]_kJIBchSoe0[/youtube]

build thread : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47054

Actually I found this to be a non-issue! DH plateform pedals provides a lot of grip and control. I need to fix the super twitchy throttle control for trials however!

I got in love with your vídeos... Did not see until now :roll:

i will make my second bike proyect with a kona entourege and this motor... Lets see if i can get some of your skills before starting breaking bones :|

Thank you very much for sharing!

Back