Can you spot what's missing on my bike?

That's the other part of the equation of course. I'm putting together my motor options right now. I may need to cut a bit of the frames upper and lower tubes away to make room for something about 4" larger in diameter.

liveforphysics said:
biohazardman said:
Ha, that was my guess but needs a second controller to0.

Winner!

A second size6 sevcon bolted to the other side.

Got to keep your battery nice and warm in a symmetry sandwich

You have really lost it now :D Hyperdrive :twisted:

Dual golden motors or dual zero motors? What ever happened to your Joby motor?

two big sevcons....

rimac-motor.jpg

you might need a little more room for forced water cooling and stuff, but 500hp+ on a bicycle should fulfill your demands.

flathill said:
liveforphysics said:
biohazardman said:

Winner!

I think the Joby motor running as a 6-phase motor with the Sevcon's in master and slave running slightly different timing...

Minigun !

https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=minigun&oq=minigun&aq=f&aqi=g-e2g2&aql=&gs_l=hp.3..0i9l2j0l2.4656l4656l1l4859l1l1l0l0l0l0l157l157l0j1l4l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d3a788f5caa0f6db&biw=894&bih=498

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYNbaYL-puQ&feature=related

[youtube]rYNbaYL-puQ[/youtube]

I haven't decided on motor yet.

There are lots of really cool motors out there these days. Mission has some awesome stuff. Remy motor has some amazing stuff. YASA motor has some awesome stuff. Formula1 KERS motors are pretty awesome (though the electric freq would be to high and the gearing would suck).

Not 100% sure what to do for the motor, but there are lots of cool options out there.

Nuts&Volts said:
liveforphysics said:
biohazardman said:

Winner!

I think the Joby motor running as a 6-phase motor with the Sevcon's in master and slave running slightly different timing...

Oh, I'm gonna look this up just for fun! Is this similar to what the White Zombie dragster runs?

What? Too many quotes! That's lame... :roll:

Just get it over with and stick one of those netgain motors on it.

hows about a lemco? http://www.cloudelectric.com/category_s/442.htm

Luke experimenting in third grade:
Dc-Car-Motor.jpg

Secret glimpse of Luke's custom rotor being balanced:
gallery-4-6.jpg

Guess he won't be using Hookworms anymore... :twisted:

That's great Bigmoose! I kind of thought that's how it was. Good that you got the pics. :wink:

Luke, this is not the average man's bike! Here I sit tinkering with my lowly 3220 and thinking what an upgrade it will be from my BMC V2s. While you build an upgrade that the average man SHOULD look at with terror in their eyes. :shock: Can't wait to see it in action. Yesss, hyper drive as mentioned in post above along with the infamous reality drive oscillator or just the inverter either one will werq.

so your going to upgrade to a motorcycle frame yeah??
i think the brakes, suspension, strength of frame/wheels/tyres, steering control, aerodynamics of the fairings and seating position
all that surely would make up for the extra weight of having a motorcycle frame

darkone040 said:
i think the brakes, suspension, strength of frame/wheels/tyres, steering control, aerodynamics of the fairings and seating position

I doubt that. I'm guessing the point is largely to kick the snot in power/weight ratio. Plus to have usable pedals.

mrzed said:
darkone040 said:

I doubt that. I'm guessing the point is largely to kick the snot in power/weight ratio. Plus to have usable pedals.

Bingo. 100hp in a motorcycle will never knock anyone's shoes off. 100hp in a bicycle will be like riding the essense of terror.

I thought what was missing was straightness. That might make a great secondary filter to your principle concept, especially since you probably should have said "Similitude."

liveforphysics said:
100hp in a bicycle will be like riding the essense of terror.

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or aiyeee
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or aiyeee
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Tiger (From 'Songs of Innocence and Experience)
-William Blake. 1757–1827

I have been eyeing the yasa and remy motors for my third (future) build. How much do these motors run price wise?

liveforphysics said:

There are lots of really cool motors out there these days. Mission has some awesome stuff. Remy motor has some amazing stuff. YASA motor has some awesome stuff. Formula1 KERS motors are pretty awesome (though the electric freq would be to high and the gearing would suck).

Not 100% sure what to do for the motor, but there are lots of cool options out there.
Are you sticking with brushless? Or maybe a AC motor??? AC50?

Luke I like the pics thatBigmoose suggested.. :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Now what about the poor wheel spokes that will just break once you will touch to the throttle :lol:

Will you keep the same wheel?

I would love to see you drag racing the NEDRA guys! :D

Doc

ran into larry rinehart a few hours ago at taipei ev show. they were showcasing their beautiful new pm150dx. word is remy is planning to offer a smaller stack HVH-70 (which may appear at the isles of man). disclaimer: i am not saying that you should put that motor on your bike :p

liveforphysics said:

Back