• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Changing LVC of controller

I was just wondering whether it was possible to change the LVC of a controller with the KT-LCD1?
Is this possible? If so, how?

Background-
I recently bought a 48V sine-wave controller, but I have a 36V battery but afterwards found out the LVC on the 48V sine wave was too high for my 36V battery. I have the KT-LCD1 and was wondering whether i could change the settings from there?

It appears that there is a parameter setting that addresses voltage but I'm not sure it is LVC, and would like to save myself tinkling unecessarily with the LCD

Thanks flangefrog
Is it possible to change it from a 48V setting to a 36V setting from LCD, if so how?

How can you change it within the controller itself?

I have a similar situation, but with a 36 volt controller on a 48 volt battery. My LVC is way to low and I want to set it higher. What to modify on this resistor in the controller?

As far as I know all 48V versions automatically switch between a 36V or 48V LVC. If the controller has the original sticker on it (i.e. not from bmsbattery) it should have 36/48 in the model name.

See this post for the resistor to change (at least if your controller has the same board) https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79763#p1177746
It's part of a voltage divider so you can use the old resistor values to work out what the new one should be.

The controller has only 48V on the sticker.

Is it possible to re-use the resistor from the old controller that was blown or would the resistor be busted as well? (I had blown an fet)

I also have an unused controller which is 36/48V but was not sine wave and wasn't compatible with my bike. Can I salvage some parts from that?

Is there any way I can use the parts from another 36V controller yo change the lvc on the 48V controller??

Back