Controller runs all the time

motomech said:
d8veh said:
Unfortunately, none of those controllers are any goof if you use PAS, otherwise I'd use them all the time. Not everybody wants to use their bicycle like a motorcycle.
Russell is a bicyclist!
The range he covered in his early mini-motor builds were an inspiration.
I not sure one needs PAS to ride like a bicycle.
I installed Pas on my latest Rocky Mountain redo, but haven't got it working yet.
So, I I lock the motor in #2 assist w\the cruise- 14 mph at 300 to 350 Watts. If I put a leg into it, I can half that.
Really forces me to pedal w\ vigor.

You can make any controller work for pedal assistance. PAS settings are nothing more than fixed throttle positions like cruise control. You can add a second throttle with no spring to act as an infinitely adjustable PAS setting, though you need a manual switch to switch in on/off rather than have the pedals start the motor. All this, however, is a lot of messing about. With the modern LCD controllers, there's a simple on/off button - no messing about disconnecting the battery or installing contactors and/or anti-spark systems. You select your pedal assistance at the touch of a button. you can set speed limits, and you normally get a voltage display and all the functions of a cycle computer. They're just so much more civilised.

dnmun said:
try grounding the signal line on the controller and see if it still runs. double check continuity of the ground to the throttle from the controller. it might be floating. by that i mean determine if the ground in the three wire plug from the controller is continuous with the ground on the controller board.
Yes, the ground from the 3-wire throttle connector does have continuity to the chasis gnd. Checked;
throttle gnd. to battery neg. lead= continuity
and
throttle to Hall gnd. (blk.) = continuity

Joining the throttle signal and the throttle gnd. does not stop the motor from running.
Thanx for taking an interest in this controller problem.

i have the same problem. the moment the power is on, the motor starts to run, throttle is not even connected. I connected signal with ground on the throttle wires out of controller but it the motor still spins.. :(

EDIT: when CA is plugged, the problem comes... once CA unplugged, all good.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5942

Back