Cromotor + MethTek Monster 24FET + 20S lipo build

MadRhino said:
The vid quality is very bad, even for low resolution. Compression level too high, obviously.
Was this vid neat before uploading to Youtube ?

Uploaded vid had same gorgeous quality as the original raw GoPro footage. At least as far as I could evaluate at 1920x1050 on my 22" monitor. I will try different settings. Or maybe go back to 720p with the same bitrate.

Youtube ll reencode your videos....
I usually compress my videos with megui using x264 codec with compression set to 20-22 and upload the files to skydrive or dropbox when i need people to see the real video quality.

Today's commute. Some very steep sections. I am not sure how accurate the 36% is, but there were definitely sections more than 30% (17*degree slope).
Now editing the GoPro footage.

2013-04-05-commute.jpg

[youtube]JVkyEbGMjDs[/youtube]

nice video! the hill climb at around 3:00 looks ridiculous...and i know how videos never do the actual ride justice

also, thank you for your design inspiration on my build. your method of attaching the motor with plates made me realize i could do something similar :D

8574011860_6798a62e4a_b.jpg

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48569

Hi Jansevr,

Thanks. I am happy that you found my built useful.
Yesterday, I went back to that hill, but with the GoPro mounted on my helmet. However, due to rain, I could not really climb it. It was more ploughing....so the vids do not show something as exciting..

I looked at your thread, and I have the same Rennen 52T front gear. I like your extension of the rear swingarm, and it looks like you ahve the same problem as I do: no TIG welder.... :mrgreen:

I found my battery capacity almost halved. Opened the battery box, and one of the 4.5Ah 10S bricks was bloated. Another brick was disconnected from the harnass. So it is very well possible that the disconnection occurred in a previous ride, resulting in overdischarging of the bloated brick, probably resulting in too fast charging of that same brick, causing it to bloat.

No fires. No other dangerous events. Just loss of capacity.

Anyway, I replaced the bloater, put a tie-wrap around each connection, balance-charged up to 4.2V and was ready to go this morning. Oh, and I also connected each parallelled lipo on cell level with each other via the balancing wires. Still need to make an external balancing port through which I can also check cell voltage.

I checked my CA, and it seems I cycled my lipos at least 300 times. Before I replaced the bloater, my actual capacity (from fully charged to 4.2V to fully discharged at 3.3V resting, and me walking uphill next to my bike) was around 10Ah (74%) of the claimed 13.5Ah. Not bad after 300 cycles.

Hi Henk!

How do you like the Cromotor?

Subscribed! :)

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

Tommy L said:
Hi Henk!

How do you like the Cromotor?

Subscribed! :)

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

Get one, and you never look back.

With the summer coming, I probably need to look into venting the thing. I am awaiting more definitive results / commendations from Justin's thread. This morning I felt power being turned down by the CA when temps reached 95oC after 20 minutes driving. Note that this is with a driving style that includes 5-6kW accelerations at every corner and traffic light!!

I still need to further experiment with the MethTek 24FET monster and the Zombiess 24FET monster. However, both controllers are sooo biggg, I need to think about how to bring them along in the first place.... Might as well get a trailer for these controllers... :mrgreen:

hjns said:
Get one, and you never look back.

With the summer coming, I probably need to look into venting the thing. I am awaiting more definitive results / commendations from Justin's thread. This morning I felt power being turned down by the CA when temps reached 95oC after 20 minutes driving. Note that this is with a driving style that includes 5-6kW accelerations at every corner and traffic light!!

I still need to further experiment with the MethTek 24FET monster and the Zombiess 24FET monster. However, both controllers are sooo biggg, I need to think about how to bring them along in the first place.... Might as well get a trailer for these controllers... :mrgreen:

John in CR has done venting experiments. Have you checked his findings? He is mentioning information on Justins posts too :)

Ok, so MethTek Cromotor with Temp Sensor and a big controller! Next build, check! :)

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

Also, I have read a lot about controller RATIO of Battery Amps to Phase Amps. Getting the optimum ratio
apparently will lower heat :)

Tommy L sends......
mosh.gif

Tommy L said:
Ok, so MethTek Cromotor with Temp Sensor and a big controller! Next build, check! :)

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

Actually, I got the Cromotor directly from Croatia, upgraded the phase wires and added the temp sensor myself. Anyone in the US should definitely check out MethTek's package!

About the optimum ratio, yes, I learned that from John in CR. I still need to play around with that. I am now running something like 110:180 (battery:phase current).

Can somebody guess from whom I got this new 63T front gear? I am very very happy with it and allows for pedalling up to 40kmh (Single Speed 16T on the rear...)

As you can see, I had to elongate the chain a bit, and the 52T gear is still on the inside, doing nothing... but it looks sweet anyway.

Yesterday's commute. This is in my "backyard", on the GempenTurm near Gempen, 15km south of Basel. This is about 750m above sea level.

I very much like HoV's supergear. I wish I had his metalworking skills!

In the charts below, elevation is in meter, not feet. Speed in kmh.

Attachments

• IMAG0129_800.jpg
    IMAG0129_800.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,989
  • Gempenturm.jpg
    Gempenturm.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,989
  • Runtastic.jpg
    Runtastic.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,989
Hi Henk,

I like your bike very clean build and nice video.

Tommy many people as experiment trouble with the 24 Mosfets and the Cromotor, I'm using a Kelly Controller with my Cromotor V2 and love it.

Good day Guys!
Black Arrow

BlackArrow said:
Hi Henk,

Tommy many people as experiment trouble with the 24 Mosfets and the Cromotor, I'm using a Kelly Controller with my Cromotor V2 and love it.

Good day Guys!
Black Arrow

Nice build, good work!

FYI BlackArrow, we've had 2 customers blow Kelly's up with their Cro motors - they don't seem to last long!

Cheers,
Steve

BlackArrow said:
Hi Henk,

Good day Guys!
Black Arrow

Thanks!

At this moment, I am still running the Lyen 18FET getting max currents of 110A (calibrated CA). I have the Methods 24FET Monster controller and the Zombiess 24FET 4115 controller, so I am good. Gonna try them sometime this summer.

Jozzer said:
Nice build, good work!

FYI BlackArrow, we've had 2 customers blow Kelly's up with their Cro motors - they don't seem to last long!

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks!

Jozzer said:
BlackArrow said:
Hi Henk,

Good day Guys!
Black Arrow

Nice build, good work!

Cheers,
Steve

So whats the ideal controller for the cromotor with running it at high rated & phase amps?

Jozzer said:
BlackArrow said:
Hi Henk,

Good day Guys!
Black Arrow

Nice build, good work!

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I Just bought this model KBL96251,24-96V,250A we talking about the same model or something with less power output :?:

Good day friend!
Black Arrow

Hi Henk,

Methods controllers are usually bullet proof same for zombiess I think then yes your safe but i have blow out to many 18 Fets controller : wink:

Good day!

I see you have Maxxis tires. Are you thinking of going with the Pirelli and rim change?

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

633027479369353456GTS23.jpg

Back