Crystalyte HS4080 72V 50A APM Display kit

GCinDC said:
how are you sure it's the controller? how do you know it's not the motor?

what exactly happened? i can't see the speedict thing...

and what exactly is it doing now?

does display light up when power is on?

sorry to hear about it.. :(

1. first of all, go to this address for sardini uploaded chart, you can use iphone, ipad, or any browser
http://chart.speedict.com/?weblogid=ZV60101q05a0105

2. you need to press the next page button or drag and move your mouse to navigate to time ~ 00:53:00
3. to zoom in or out feature, scroll your mouse or press the "+" or "-" button

GCinDC said:
can't access it from work... will try later.

can you unplug the phase wires from the controller and spin the motor then?

ps. what's the "Green face cable"

Green phase cable... φ=f=ph... :roll:

Anyone knows what is the diameter of the internal wirings and how many strands in HS4080?
Thanks

dan974 said:
" Speedict is here i will post soon!! I also put a resistor between the battery and controller as doc said . soon guys "

Why put a resistor plz or where to find the answer , thks

I think doc must publice a book with all his posts ...

The battery had a key switch which has melt because of a sparc that created from the power thirst of capacitors .
The resistor prechargse the capasitors so you can then connect the battery .
I have put 1000ohm 1watt resistor .

Check what bazaar did http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24286&hilit=bazaki&start=30

Speedict!
The only thing that bothers me is that you cant download the data through your phone . This will be fixed at the next firmware. Also needed some voltage calibration.
The thing i like most is that you can monitor battery voltage when charging .i am planning to connect it between the battery and the charger !!..... . Excellent store Danny ! thanks .
http://www.speedict.com/

[youtube]9sLDT_z-o5Y[/youtube]

Everything inside for the winter, I Know white isn’t pretty but anything else will make uncomfortable environment for the battery’s By The Way lyen 24 fet rocks much smoother and no heat at all. View attachment 1 I am trying to follow docs wiring diagram and i have manage to put 7 port usb hub and powerful led light

dan974 said:
you get the the lyen controller pretty fast !! are you in sardegnia ?
it looks pretty big ? what are the dim's plz, is t wider than your 150 mm pack ?

regards
This what Edward Lyen said
Hello Stefanos,

Wow, I am very impressed you have received the package so soon. It is a world's fastest delivery record

It’s Athens Greece and it did like 4 days I think. The dimensions are 200mmx135mmx65mm
Sorry for my Delay but i get lost in this forum every time .
The pack is 140mm without the bag And Yesterday delivered 15,6ahs and the voltage was at 70v i thing 18ah are true with average speed of 35k/h and max 70km some times.
The graph wasn’t on speedicts memory :(, it doesn’t delete the data when is full i don’t Know.

battery Ah.jpg

Mailed kenny, no response

Hello Guys

I have install Docs TA into my frame.

IMG_3661.jpg

What you can see is the metal from a milk container that hugs the slippery axle of the HS 4080
IT seems to work with full power regen from 70km/h to 18Km?H no problem
HS axles are difficult with regen

Today was a big day for the kit , i did 20 km in rocky downhill trails! (50 km total)

Plastic bag for the wires and extra protection for the batteries
2012-12-01 14.13.35.jpg
2012-12-01 14.45.25.jpg

The widest tires i could fit (2.4)

2012-12-01 16.40.04.jpg
and here we are!

2012-12-02 12.48.58.jpg

Conclusion the motor needs!!! a 24 inch wheel !!
It was perfect only because it was up in tarmac and down in trails. the motor was getting hot in 5 min with the big tires even going downhill

the motor got hot, do you think it's because of the tyres width or the wheel seize (26") ?
where you going fast enough for the motor to fresh itself enough ? I mean HS4080 are supose to be used @ 80km/h (72V) no ?
(that's why I took the 4065 in 24"...) for all of you'rs wanting to go on 24"x3 tires there's is a bankrupt overthere :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANKRUPT-Pr-24-x-3-00-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-FAT-WIDE-TYRES-/380364293657?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D3887832963514097685%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D380364293657%26

14.99£ the pair of 24"x3 !

Yes, this motor with a 26 wheel need slicks tires, tarmac, 60 amps and Speed !
This is an old video (2007) the motor was strong enough for the same trails this Sunday
[youtube]X9YsIxstkFg[/youtube]

hey guys, I have also bought a 4060 high torque motor, been playing with the settings a little, 1500W at 38 MPH so far,

Has anyone figured out y the battery level indicator doesn't work all the time? It seemed...... to work when the voltage dropped below 74 volts..... IE from the low voltage cutoff up to 74 volts, the gauge appears to read from empty to full

the problem seems to be, the voltage drops rapidly from 72 ro 64 volts, and is not really indicitive.

Later!

Hello happy New year!
Dachoper you need something to measure the amper hours you consume.. For real battery indicator...

Just to inform you guys the kit has over a 1000 km and works trable free!

silly I know - you need to set the voltage to 84 Volts to get the battery display to indicate correctly, with 20S lipos!

Hey ! This think is a Rocket ! i have more than 3000 KM on it!

The motor is super with road tires, it doesn't get too hot. I can average 55km/h in the traffic!
P.S.
I want to thank John in CR

Attachments

• 2013-05-12 17.33.48.jpg
    2013-05-12 17.33.48.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 4,331
regarding temp. sensor.
that is not only about your China brand motor/controller.
MAYBE thinking out of the box , knowing about systems designed to NAmerican standards like EPLUS, FALCO, TFORCE and how overheating is solved on such systems.......
observing temp display every couple of minute at such speeds - that is not good solution to motor overheating, I would say dangerous and primitive solution.
You have motor controller , shouldn't you feed that signal from temp. sensor to your controller???
Shouldn't controller process this signal and AUTOMATICALLY limit power to the motor??????
with all those bragging about controllers they still cannot do it??
just my comment.

miro13car said:
regarding temp. sensor.
that is not only about your China brand motor/controller.
MAYBE thinking out of the box , knowing about systems designed to NAmerican standards like EPLUS, FALCO, TFORCE and how overheating is solved on such systems.......
observing temp display every couple of minute at such speeds - that is not good solution to motor overheating, I would say dangerous and primitive solution.
You have motor controller , shouldn't you feed that signal from temp. sensor to your controller???
Shouldn't controller process this signal and AUTOMATICALLY limit power to the motor??????
with all those bragging about controllers they still cannot do it??
just my comment.

All systems have con and pros....just saying that the bbq temp sensor has alarm...

Back