Cyclone 3000w a little help needed.

andrewrich

1 mW
hello all this is my first post and i am wondering if anyone can help me out.

I recently bought a phase runner v3 and I have hooked it up to a 72 volt battery and a cyclone 3000w motor.

I did the auto tune and all was ok even the hall was ok which was a surprise because I had heard people had been having trouble with hall sensors on the cyclone motor, Anyway I tweaked a few settings to get the motor running better, ie current regulator kp & Ki, pll bandwidth & damping. I am happy to say the motor is running sweet as a nut, the motor runs smooth & quite and is hitting around 880 rpm at max throttle and full charge of 84 volts.

Now for my problem, I wanted to use field weakening of around 10% to 20% but as soon as I set field weakening to 10% the motor becomes noisy as hell and also gives me phase over current faults and setting the ki, kp, pll does nothing to fix it..

Am I missing something? as to why I cant use field weakening.

It does not matter what setting I set it at the same thing happens, even if I set it to 1 %.

Any help greatly appreciated as I am at a loss as to what to try next.

I have attached cyclone 3000w xml file from phase runner suite in case you need to look at my settings.
Cyclone 3000W Phaserunner xml Download.
https://mega.nz/file/vX5zzSZB#vW5nVHA286bFZijtSDnIh9OxdNUCgwCAyddjO2kyZo4

Thank you for your help and time.
Andrew Richardson.

Your halls work?? How :lol:
Are you running the halls on 5v or 12v?

I have 9% fw on my cyclone 4kw. Without load the revs go up and down like if it is hitting a rev limiter (other controllers do this too) but on ground it behaves normally.

Tommm said:

I have 9% fw on my cyclone 4kw. Without load the revs go up and down like if it is hitting a rev limiter (other controllers do this too) but on ground it behaves normally.

I am running on 5 volts i think as i have not done any rewiring to the harness, the only thing i changed was rated system power from 48v to 72v and in dev screen i turned on option for bottom bracket motor with variable gears on, but yeah my halls work fine its just the field weakening that's the issue.

any chance you can upload your file so i can take a look at your settings maybe there something in there that can help me?

Tommm said:

ok so just checked with load on the motor and it works great, i thought if it wasn't working without load then it wouldn't with load but i guess that's not the case. anyway you can ignore my post as the problem is now fixed. ps: thanks for mentioning to try with load on the bike.

Hello , I just purchased a GNG 3kw and a went ahead with the purchase of a v3 phaserunner as well. I have not been able to pass the auto tune process. Would you mind sharing a pic of your settings/parameters for this combo. Also will be running a 72v21ah Samsung pack. Thank you in advance

Back