Deley when letting off trottle ?

flua73

1 W
Hey, it was a short first test run with my electric bike. And ran into a problem, is a delay when you hit the gas (OK), but the real problem was when they let off the gas, then there was also a delay. that was perceived as a bit nasty :shock: . It is a crystalyte 72 volt 45 amp sensorless controller hs-3540 in a 24 "rim with apm multifuntional display. Use not the e-brake or pas sensor (hydraulic brakes) Battery är20s x2 lipos 84 volts 10 amps. Is there any way to remove the delay on gas response?Grateful for answers ....

The delay experienced when you use the gas is due to the fact that you have a sensorless controller,there are no hall sensors so the motor receiving the current will act in a different manner because there are no poles count for motion,i experience that with my sensorless controller on my ebike as well but with a different controller i don't know about when you release the gas because my ebike responds fast when you release the throttle,it might also have something to do with your cycle analyst throttle response/settings or your throttle connnection i'm not sure ,maybe other members can help you on your question

kelvinscott76 thanks for your reply. On my second e bike 48V sensorless front wheel drive (no name china) is the throttle response really fast, but it's going to start really smoth. Have tried to experiment with different volt-ampere settings but have not seen any difference. In another thread that linked 1:10 tour 1k trimmer pot on the ground cable to the throttle grip. But do not know if it would help ...

Maybe that is just the characteristics of that particular controller? What are any details you have- perhaps someone will have experience of it for comparison? Perhaps an ID label on the controller, supplier ....?

Best guess is that the controller itself simply has a delay in it's throttle response built in--it could have a capacitor across the throttle input line intended to help smooth out throttle variations on bumpy roads, and if it's a big enough capacitor it would introduce a big delay. Unfortunately the only way to find that out is to open up the controller and trace out the circuit to see if it does indeed have one.

First, I would recommend seeing if the APM unit lets you change any settings that have to do with throttle response, as that might be better.

But even before that: Does it also have a delay in responding to the ebrake, cutting off power to the motor entirely? If so, then it doesn't matter about the first thing I said above, and the second may not matter either. It might simply be that that particular controller is just very slow in response to any input, either by design or by defect, and another controller might be required to fix the problem--it might not be something you could program out of it.

yes maybe it is possible that it is so in its properties , I get I might get another controller. controller is crystalyte 48 - 72Volt 45A digital sensorless controller for brushless motor

• Works with any type of direct drive brushless motors
• Data settings with memory (see APM display) ²
• Runs with throttle only
• Runs with Pedelec function ² ³
• Voltage Range 48V - 72V
• Direct start
² for this function you need APM display
³ for this you need Crystalyte PAS sensor V7

Specifications:

Current : max 45Amp (can be modified with APM display)
Voltage range: 48 - 72Volt ( max voltage 90Volt )
Cutt off voltage: 38V standard (can be modified with APM display)
Weight : 700 grams
Size : 202mm x 44mm x 105mm ( LxHxW )
Mosfets : 12pcs

Connections :

Motor: 3 phase black anderson PP45 ( lenght 45cm )
battery : 2 pin anderson PP 45 ( red-black )
APM display: 6 pin black female
Cruise control : 5 pin black male
Throttle : 4 pin black female
e- brake : 3 pin black male (e- brake cutt off)
Pedelec : 3 pin black female
Reverse : 2 pin black female

Click on the party to check what type is compatible with the controller

Details
SKU CT-S - 72V45A -R

Have tried with different batteries 48, 72, 84 volts and with different amp settings on apm display but no difference

" amberwolf"

Have some photos when the controller was opened, I have not skills myself to read out, but maybe someone else ? Have removed the wires to the e-brake (hydraulic brakes) and also to pas sensor because I do not use it, did so on my second e-bike and it worked fine but it was by any other brand (no name china 48 volt 1000w front-wheel drive) I want the wiring harness small as possible . But can pull new wires to the e-brake and try how quickly they react. return when I tried it ..

I don't see anything specific on the board that tells me enough to give any further possible advice. :(

Best I can suggest is to try the ebrake while throttle is still engaged and see if that cuts off faster than letting off throttle itself does.

I have now plugged ebreak and they shut down immediately, but unfortunately it is a long delay when you release the handle. Have also contacted crystalyte european, and they knew about the problem before then. The only hint they could give was to use ebreak when you release the trottle. does not seem optimal to use ebreak every time you release the trottle for. should probably look for another controller if I can not solve it any other way ...

flua73 said:
I have now plugged ebreak and they shut down immediately, but unfortunately it is a long delay when you release the handle. Have also contacted crystalyte european, and they knew about the problem before then. The only hint they could give was to use ebreak when you release the trottle. does not seem optimal to use ebreak every time you release the trottle for. should probably look for another controller if I can not solve it any other way ...

I'd get back to them asking them to refund you in full, or exchange it for a safe equivalent. Insist it is not safe- it isn't!

Sales of Goods Act, or whatever the European equivalent is? A known problem that could be a serious safety issue.

Crystalyte Europe don't have the best of records. They take a bit of pushing but seem to eventually do the right thing- check some of the previous posts about them (mine included).

Back