DO NOT TRUST

kriskros

10 kW
seller ALISHA at ALLIEXPRESS,,,both NO NO... my order .15x8mmx1kg roll of pure nickel welding streip...I verified with the seller that I was getting pure nickel, not plated.. I RECEIVED...3x4mmx1kg roll of nickel P)LATED steel strip.l.l. after several emails to both Alishs and Alliexpress no offer to refund or replace my order was nade...Alliexpress say they guarantee order protection..suuuure they do.. maybe I should just go knock on their door......or nose??

Yep, buying in China has a risk. Yet with metals, that have a universal price, there is no reason to buy in China for you can't save anything.

If a Chinese seller is offering nickel for less than the price of nickel, then it is not nickel. :wink:

give me a non china source for .15mmx8mmx1kg roll of pure nickel welding strip.. I cant find any

I am not into building batteries with round cells, but many on ES are. I guess they could recommend a reliable supplier. If I had to find some quickly, I would order from a local sheet metal workshop. On the web, I recall a friend did order some on Amazon and was satisfied. I believe it was from Electric Rider, for I saw this name on packages in his shop.

I would not be playing the random vendor merry go round at alibaba, amazon, ebay etc in the first place. We constantly hear reports of bunk products from these kinds of sellers. It's better to buy from someone who has been around for a while and has a reputation to defend than a fly by night seller, of which there are tens of thousands of on site like that. Even if we are talking about something so basic as nickel strips, which you'd think would be hard to screw up on..

I have had about 90% good deals with china... most of the Chinese srllers I have found on ES... I NEED a source for pure nickel welding strip :mrgreen:

Yep, I have about 90% too. So we can assume that the risk is 10%.

Building ebikes, it is almost impossible not to deal with Chinese suppliers. I try to avoid resellers, and prefer to deal with the manufacturers. In China, manufacturers are willing to sell direct. That is what you should look for.

@kriskros:

best I can recommend is to check the spotwelding threads and 18650 battery build threads to see where others get their verified-good nickel strip from, and order from the same place(s).

If they haven't reported that they know for sure it is verified-good nickel strip from that specific vendor, then don't order from that vendor.

I'll just post this here... http://www.ebay.com/itm/152460358205?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bought from this seller 1.5 months ago. He sent 2 rolls of 10M, not a single roll of 20M. Fine for my uses.
Got it in a few weeks ago and verified it is real nickel. BE AWARE, it did take nearly 4 weeks to arrive from China.
Only issue I see is that it is .2mm instead of .15mm. Better for amp draw, but will require more power to weld.
Could not find any .15mm on Ebay when I was trying to order... at least any that looked legit.

Another listing... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10ft-99-6-Pure-nickel-NI-strip-0-15mm-x-7mm-for-battery-spot-welding-Free-SH/262890124755?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3D6ed64c8223274949869c3a6479ff5a6c%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D152460358205

Seller above is brand new (13 ratings), but clearly expresses that his product is pure nickel. I would trust buying from this seller regardless of being new.
When a seller posts detailed info like this in their listing, you can use that as ammo if you need to file a case with Ebay. You are fairly safe, and will win almost every time.

kriskros said:
seller ALISHA at ALLIEXPRESS,,,both NO NO... my order .15x8mmx1kg roll of pure nickel welding streip...I verified with the seller that I was getting pure nickel, not plated.. I RECEIVED...3x4mmx1kg roll of nickel P)LATED steel strip.l.l. after several emails to both Alishs and Alliexpress no offer to refund or replace my order was nade...Alliexpress say they guarantee order protection..suuuure they do.. maybe I should just go knock on their door......or nose??
Have you opened a dispute case on Aliexpress for your purchase? I have found Aliexpress buyer protection just as good as eBay previously. Don't bother wasting time messaging back and forth, since bad sellers will try and do everything to avoid refunding.

I tried to open a discussion with the seller through aliexpress... seller sent a "proposal" through aliexpress.... it was astall not a proposal..."proposal" was a request for a picture of the roll...alieexpress considered that aproposal and cut me off from all further discussion..yyuuujjjj

Back