Dodge truck ads: "My Tank is Full"

Puppyjump

100 W
Any thoughts on those recent disgusting (IMO) Dodge truck and SUV ads whose tag line says repeatedly "My tank is full"?
Whats the point here? The worst gas guzzlers on the car lot boasting a full gas tank? I don't get it....

These ads are as obscene as the Chevron "Will you join us- Human Energy" ads

Zoot Katz said:
I don't watch TV but the radio has been playing some crap for Dodge that repeats "My name is Ram".
WTF? A talking truck?

Yes, Ram is the name of the truck. "My name is Ram...and my tank is full" I think there are similar ads for Durango, a huge guzzling SUV. I just don't get it. Why remind a potential buyer you will need to spend $100 to fill up a gas tank every week? It's counter-intuitive to me.
I guess the sheeple public fall for this crap or else the ads would not be run.

[youtube]-RjIPS8xIRQ[/youtube]

Did they drop all those commercials with trucks pulling stuff over huge ramps and drag racing with a trailer? At least they were fun:D

[youtube]jBQnVKU01r0[/youtube]

Why show anything else than what the cars is actually build for ? :D

its tank might be full, but the owner will have a 100 dollar dent in their wallet. i think im done with gas-guzzling trucks and suv's. after driving an suv that got only 15 mpg on average, i decided to get a more sensible econo-box that got upwards of 25 mpg, but the sound of the v6 with an intake of my truck couldnt be beat.

Shit my pops sprinter does better mpg than that with over a ton and a half of ass to drag around. Speaking of drag, it aint exactly aero either while its pulling down that 25.. what kind of 'econobox' did you get?? :p I thought econoboxes got 35+ these days.

BTW econoboxes can make some neat noises too with an air intake mod..

is the sprinter a gas or diesel? that is pretty impressive for a van its size.

i have a 1993 toyota paseo, or as some people call it a tercel in disguise. it has an intake on it and make a bunch of racket, but it goes nowhere...lol. 25 mpg on average is what im getting because im just having too much fun in it because its my first car that ive owned thats a 5-spd manual...lol

I would kill my first born for a Dodge Ram they are freakin sexy lookin Ute...

F350s are more common in OZ than the RAMS though, only ever seen a handful of Dodges here.

KiM

IMO i think the utes in australia are way cooler than pickup trucks from the US. the only thing that comes close to a ute here is the chevy el camino and they stop making them in the 80's. i guess because i cant get it in america makes me want one even more...lol

Zoot Katz said:
My best friend's stopped Suzuki Swift was rear-ended at 35+ MPH by a Dodge Ram.
She drove home. The Dodge had to be towed.

Not at all suprising seeing the radiator would have been totalled in the Ram :roll:

def...heres a Holden Ute ad that aired in OZ not so long ago advertising the
newest Ute, goes through all the models Holden have made from the begining to current
some nice morphing used in it-->

[youtube]yHa_M-vOv58[/youtube]

I had a niiiice Ford XD Ute in the late 80's great vehicles very handy.

EDIT:

Guess i best put in Fords offering-->

[youtube]D9ubtehD9Pk[/youtube]

KiM

AussieJester said:
Zoot Katz said:
My best friend's stopped Suzuki Swift was rear-ended at 35+ MPH by a Dodge Ram.
She drove home. The Dodge had to be towed.

Not at all suprising seeing the radiator would have been totalled in the Ram :roll:
What's funnier is she cleared ~$35K to settle for wearing the collar for a few months.

def215 said:
is the sprinter a gas or diesel... 25 mpg on average is what im getting

Its diesel, but averaged out over the seasons similar dollars to gas. So dodge did at least one thing right by bringing benzo vans in to the states.

Paseos are pretty small. You must be really hard on the throttle or somethings wrong with it.

In that commercial, it says, "I will not downshift"... hmm... advertising a broken tranny :p

I would rather pound my balls flat with a wooden mallet than drive anything over 3,000lbs. My personal cars are all under 2,000lbs.

i enjoyed those videos to the fullest extent aussiejester. im really liking that holden ute.

im probably getting 25 mpg on average in my car because im a little hard on the gas. also most of the driving i do is in the city so all the stop and go traffic doesnt help. i probably think its pretty good mileage because the last two cars i had were a nissan pathfinder v6 3.0 liter and a ford probe gt with a mazda millenia motor in it, also a v6. they both liked gas a lot. but im pretty sure they didnt drink gas like a v8. they must be really fun to fill up.

how about a clip of top gear australia where they turn a regular car into a ute.
[youtube]OZKCrPeHzqQ[/youtube]
i like how they turn that prelude into a ute, which is one of my favorite cars...lol

liveforphysics said:
In that commercial, it says, "I will not downshift"... hmm... advertising a broken tranny :p

I would rather pound my balls flat with a wooden mallet than drive anything over 3,000lbs. My personal cars are all under 2,000lbs.

Hah! Classic dodge, no transmission, 3% efficiency. The only thing dodge has going for it is the Sprinter Van (which owns) .

Back