Dreambuild EMTB Dengfu M09/Luna X1 Bafang M600 with a slacker fork angle/Increased wheelbase

kiwitourer said:
Hi all. I have just completed 2 builds using the new E10 frame. Picture attached. I can confirm the battery is larger than the one in the M09 and is rated at 816 watts or 17 AH. The battery specification I received stated it uses 21700 cells but unless I open it up, I can't confirm this.

The E10 as built is a beast of machine with the only downside being the low bottom bracket height made worse by the long 170mm Bafang custom cranks. This results in pedal strikes on every ride so I am hanging out for the rumored Lekkie aftermarket shorter cranks.

For me the M600 has more than enough power and the motor noise reduces after a few ridesAssembled E-10 resized.JPG. I ride trails on PAS setting 1 or 2 (out of 5). 3 on really steep climbs with 4 and 5 being overkill in my opinion. Happy to answer any questions. Cheers

Choice!

Any chance you can hook me up with the Suntour shock supplier?

Cheers
Ryan

kiwitourer said:
Hi. Yes these are fitted with the standard Bafang thumb throttle. The only time I use it is when starting on a hill just to get the first pedal stroke in and the assist started. For fun, you can use it on the flat but I try to max battery and range. Being based in New Zealand the cost of shipping bikes from the USA is way too expensive and it is hard to avoid US sales tax. The advantage of dealing direct with Dengfu is that you can build the bike with the components you want. You can source these from other suppliers and have them sent to Dengfu for assembly. I sourced the top of the range Suntour shocks from a supplier in Taiwan at a huge saving. I found Alice and the team at Dengfu to be absolutely amazing and so responsive. Way better than my early inquiries with Luna. I 100% recommend this approach. I ended up with bikes better spec'd than the X1 with extra batteries at about the same price (excluding US shipping).

https://youtu.be/mzSO5seBqO8 Did another fun trip on the Dengfu. On this trip we carried the bike so much that it might have been easier with an analog bike. But the 3.0 tires are so great in the mud. A fatbike is better of course, but 3.0 is a great compromise i think. The bike is holding up great, i have bent bot screws holding the rear shock though, those are the stock bolts that come with the frame, i have to find an upgrade there, but those bolts are a bit special where they screw into each other.

Where did you get the battery case from? Trying to get one since Dengfu are screwing with me big time, not willing to sell a battery. :evil:

HerskerHans said:

Got some help on a 18650 facebook group with the layout/pattern on my 48v 13s5p 65pcs 840wh battery that im trying to build as a secondary battery for this bike. Looks like 65 batteries should be able to fit inside the box :)

kiwitourer said:
dh_newbie said:
Are you using 27.5 tires, the pedal strike is very common due to the BB is too low.
I have asking Bafang to provide the M series ISIS date to make a alternative crankset 165 mm.

Hi. Yes using 27.5 x 2.8. With this larger tire size I do gain some height although not as much as a 29'er or even just a 29'er upfront. The good amount of travel in the rear also results in the BB dropping lower. I am getting a die set to tap out new pedal mounts on the existing cranks. Even 15mm will help :).

Hi, Luna Cycles is selling shorter pedal cranks. I put them on and it helped out with ground clearance but bike felt strange at first.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-x1-enduro-short-crank-arms/

Hi,

I thought I already sent you a PM but I now just checked and it seems I did not. I was just wondering if I read it right that you used a 216x63mm shock on your Dengfu E09? I was wondering if it bolts on straight without any other modification like offset bushings and that there is no interference with the tire and seattube during bottom out.

Thanks,
Walrus

Back