E-bike project (RC mid drive system)

EvoBikeShop said:
How's it coming along?

Hi. Very well thanks. Just few problem along the way. The BB was a Praxis BB 35. Very nice and strong, but not appropriate for me. I have just replace with a PF 30 to BSA adapter to fit an ISIS BB and an ECHO freewheel crank harm.

brunotollot said:
Hi. Very well thanks. Just few problem along the way. The BB was a Praxis BB 35. Very nice and strong, but not appropriate for me. I have just replace with a PF 30 to BSA adapter to fit an ISIS BB and an ECHO freewheel crank harm.

You could supposedly upgrade your system soon with this awesome PF30 FreeWheeling BB system, If you missed it.... it could be a crucial step-up. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47618&start=25#p705538

Regards

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I was thinking to try the heavy duty freewheel from sick bike. Then use a PF 30BB, an ISIS spindle 4 bearing ( modified with ceramic bearing ), ECHO crank harms 70 grade aluminum , custom made spider ( from Richard ) and 70 grade aluminum chainrings. What do you think??

Regards

The assemblage you describe is made by high-end components and looks good, but the PF30 adapter wouldn't be so neat in your beautiful build.....and....
I have not direct experiences with PF30 to BSA adapters so take my words carefully, I would stay away from any kind of adapter if I could....I know some adapters for PF30 - BB30 shells work well with outboard bearing Bottom Brackets, but I can see more problem with an internal bearing one for instance due to a possible lack of Press from the left.
Being In your place I would try in any way to obtain this new PF30 freewheel 2pcs crankset and would get a splined Flanged ENO ( the SBP one you mentioned) or an ACS to put on it, you have to make the spline by yourself or ask Thud http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37640&p=548136&or maybe even Luke LFP http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17602#p256756 (I know you are already in touch) If one could make this for you or have one in the shelf. The other negative side is that you are forced with their Crankarms (at least for the fixed one :wink: ....)

Cheers

Little update. This is a not easy job. Lots of custom parts, but i hope the results will be nice

IMG_2013041726347.jpg

IMG_2013041742973.jpg

Hi. Please email me on ES or on my personal mail. Don't use the Alien website. It is not operative yet and I can't receive any mail from there. Sorry about that. Regards

Fast Update. Occasionally i have few spares minutes to try finish my bike. :D

20130717_155628 (FILEminimizer).jpg

20130717_185028 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Hi, i have few parts to sale. Here a list. Regards

ALL SOLD

1x Driveline 42T Chainguard black CNC 6061 AL 104 BCD (10 pounds) SOLD
1x Driveline 53T Chainguard black CNC 6061 AL 130 BCD (10 pounds) SOLD
2x 160mm disk rotor (20 pounds) SOLD
1x FSA Platinum BB ISIS 73-118 (29 pounds)
1x MTB STEM FELT 6061 AL 100mm +-7deg. (20 pounds)sold
1x FSA headset bearing 1-1/8" (25 pounds)SOLD to 1-1/8" adapter (15 pounds)
3x PM/IS Caliper mount RED (10 pounds)
1x PM/PM Caliper mount RED (4 pounds)SoldSOLD
1x Praxis works Turns crank, M35 BB with removal tools, 30/42T chainrings (130 pounds)
1x Mowa chainring set 53/39T CNC 7075 AL RED (40pounds)
2x spike for 130 BDC chainring/freewheel SOLD

20130729_130940 (FILEminimizer).jpg

20130729_131425 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Regards

Hi. In a month i will start testing. Sorry, but been busy on many project. Eboard, new products and website. I will post some nice video soon. Regards

Byte said:
Bruno, is this project dead? I'm very curious!

Well, what died was the chain. 2 times, so I have modified a couple of things. I will put a video and pictures soon. The only problem is my free time. I have few lovely prototype to show, but I can do when i'm free, and in the last few months is a little bit hard...

brunotollot said:
Byte said:
Bruno, is this project dead? I'm very curious!

Well, what died was the chain. 2 times, so I have modified a couple of things. I will put a video and pictures soon. The only problem is my free time. I have few lovely prototype to show, but I can do when i'm free, and in the last few months is a little bit hard...

So that means the bike already runs? Awesome! Can't wait for the pictures and videos.

Thanks. I was just need to fix some transmission problems. Now everything works pretty well. I'll fix all on and do some video. Finally

15mm wide htd5 belt. Need to think about something stronger

Yeah, I think you will have trouble with that. There is not a lot of reduction so you will find a lot of torque on that small pulley.

However, you are running through the gears so you might be OK.

Sounds like you already know this though :mrgreen:

Good luck!!

D

Back