E-bike Xm

A lot of work eh :eek: I built a couple recumbents using donor bikes. U should probably assemble and do a stress test ride before doing all the painting. U don't want to weld on it after u apply zinc. That stuff puts off toxic fumes when heated.

actually i've driven it in secret for about 15km now for testing with teh power of my feet :)
Thats what made me reinforce the seating tube, cant drive about much tho, fresh welds get rusty so easy that it's not even funny!
And it keeps doing little raining here of late. But yeah, I will test a little more but now I decided i will make the rear disk brake attachment too..
I hope the frame is up to it, mby should add a little piece of pipe between the forking tubes back there.. about where you see disk running
Thanks for the warning about zinc, didnt know.

Photo 19.08.13 14 06.10.jpg

but paper doesnt cut it, so lets get going!

2013-08-19-14h44m09s2361.jpg

I wonder, if 203mm disk would be too much stress for this cheapo steel frame and the mount i built..
not plannig to go faster than 55km/h (~34mph)
Current setup (not on tank body yet) goes 45km/h (~28mph), hoping that upgrade from 16s life to lipo 16s will push me to around 50km/h (~32mph)

battery warming kit arrived :D actually it's grip pads heating kit but will do fine for my battery, it should be 10w

Been driving through 2 winters now, with temps falling as low as -30C on worst days. Time for an upgrade, with the tank battery compartment.

a little look at the paintjob, will add glossy acrylic on top. Initial desired effect building failed epicly so thats alternative version i came up with. Canned aerosol colors are like they are.. should learn airbrushing thingymadzi, with compressor and all.. maybe next time! :)

paintjob3.jpg

paintjob2.jpg

Photo 03.09.13 19 16.05.jpg

well, that happened.. while crossing the road in front of the cars. thump, jump and a sudden stop.
I'm spoiled by my last two frames i guess, dropouts were so strong that the torque arm never really mattered much, sigh.. I guess I have to visit doctorbass booth soon, but first must build some temporary solutions

Excellent hardcore welds 8) ,as long as you didnt rip the wires on youre 9c you will be back up and runnin in no time! fascinating build...

Luckily it only did half a turn and no wires got damaged, I pulled my tools out and got stuff back into dropouts and drove to work. Also cut my e-brake wires before driving off :p
Back and forth action between accelerating and ebraking is what got my nuts loose right away. I dont know who thought "swingarm" on torque arm is a good idea.. so, my temporary solution arrived fast, weld that silly arm together!

Photo 05.09.13 1 07.59.jpg

Will craft something for the other side too before restoring regen brakes.

It is good to go :)

Attachments

• a torque arm.JPG
    a torque arm.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,892
  • torque arm.JPG
    torque arm.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,892
work work, havent got to the other torque arm crafting yet :)

meanwhile, some power arrived, now to make it all fit together and.. huh :)

Photo 09.09.13 21 18.27.jpg

these must make me a pack of 17S2P, later on 3P

getting a charger from ping, bmsbattery asks 100$+ for shipping a 88$ charger so no thanks.

Another 2 torque arms :) Needed some pictures now too.

will finish my other torque arm tomorrow i hope. Meanwhile, while waiting for proper charger from Ping, charging them lipos up with my imax B6 and realising, that this thing can do only 5w discharge max.. meaning it would take ~4.2h to discharge one pack out of 10 total.. ffff... :D
So it will be like 1 pack a day after work and 2 when i'm not working, sigh. Tho slow discharge will point weaker cells out even better maybe?.. but if it's faulty to higher discharge rates then i will not get to know that by this test.. painful :D
Bulk charger will take like 2 weeks to ship tho so should manage to do the basic discharge test.

View attachment 1

Completed the left torque arm and re enabled regen braking.. because ...

IMG_20130913_024025.jpg

.. this :D
That pack took me to work today.. and it manages to push my tank at speeds of 60km/h (37mph)
I will stick to 16s.. thats plenty of speed for me.. and i dont have to brake the packs up for 17s then.
stupid crazy power consuption at full speed tho.

16 s is good :D It was the most voltage my controller would take take :twisted: It held it pretty good and I modded my amp shunt so it would crank out 50 amps. I have not ran very far. Only 5 ah at a time. It is amazing how small a pack can be. Still ready pics.. Torque arm looks good-beefy..

IMG_20130914_175840.jpg
testing some cover for the little lcd, next version will be neater..

and cant have ready pics yet, it's not ready.. wires are all mess and not properly routed :)
Also i'm confused with the power requirements for fullspeed, eating like 35-40A constant on max speed.. bit silly. Something to do with my motor winding? takes too much power to put that kind of rpm out of it? I believe i have ninecont 2807

xmasta said:

testing some cover for the little lcd, next version will be neater..

and cant have ready pics yet, it's not ready.. wires are all mess and not properly routed :)
Also i'm confused with the power requirements for fullspeed, eating like 35-40A constant on max speed.. bit silly. Something to do with my motor winding? takes too much power to put that kind of rpm out of it? I believe i have ninecont 2807

You may have the incorrect phase/hall wire combo ( false positive )

gwhy! said:
You may have the incorrect phase/hall wire combo ( false positive )

hmm, shouldn't there be mad noise and stuttering etc when messing up halls? It does seem to consume about normal amount of energy when i drive slower..

I have lyens 12fet extreme modded controller, I set it up to rated/phase 35/86 (2.45 ratio) and 120(%?) speed

I can get to work driving about normal speed (40km/h, 25mp/h) using 1.3Ah (~5.5km distance) but I can also blast full speed up and down the street ~1km total, using 1Ah..

Wait.. i realize now that I didnt pick "120 degrees" phasedegree but "compatible" in setup.. maybe that messes up something at high speed

Back