E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

hrmm

on the FAQ page it says 899 USD, which isnt bad compared to other offerings. I am very skeptical about the range. It looks like they are using an 8S lipo pack, which makes me a little nervous to begin with, but then you take into account the fact that the pack is only 2000mAh? Something isnt right there. There also seems to be a mismatch of information throughout the site. In one place the range is claimed to be 40km (24.8mi) in another place the range is claimed to be 35km (21.7), and then in the videos it is claimed to be 25 miles (closer to 40 km).

They dont talk about their battery technology which further convinces me that they are not using LFP. (it seems like everyone who uses LFP likes to promote that fact pretty heavily). Where things get confusing is where they say 500+ cycles, which is realistically in-between LFP lifespan and typical lipo lifespan.

13 mph seems a little on the slow side, and I think people will be bumping up against that limit frequently. Rule of thumb for vehicle top speed is that you want 20% headroom above the speed at which 95% would consider the fastest they feel comfortable going. (I worked at BMW for a little). Honestly I think 20 mph is the sweet spot for these things.

Whether they increase the battery for power, or for range, they are using an awefully small portion of real-estate under that board. For a 10" wide deck, it would be nice to see that space used .

And to be honest, you still cant click 'add to cart' lol. Still vaporware. Closer to reality, but still vaporware.

Im 60% excited, 40% disappointed.

SPEED - I agree, I think 20-23 mph is perfect. 20-25mph is a good top speed. I honestly don't even hit pass 50% throttle on my board which is 10S and 63mm motors. Sucks how any production eboard is limited in speed.

RANGE - 25 mile range seems a bit exageratted. Would like to see if it lives up to the claim. An 8S 2000 mah getting 25 mile range? Is that possible?

CHARGING - I wonder how they did the easy charge feature. Definitely, need to implement that feature on my board as well as a smaller controller.

according to my calculator, with a 2000mAh 8S pack, you need 90% system efficiency and a coefficient of rolling resistance of .011 which basically seems like you would have to be rolling on glass, with hard-ass wheels.

Doubtful.

When I go to their site it still says 15 august 2013. Nothing has changed. Does it say this for anyone else?

top speed is only 13mph :(
but the price and the look are not bad at all

The board looks great and all, but I am a bit disappointed in the price. Especially given what looks to be chinese trucks and board. I put together three boards for less than that. They are definitely not as consumer friendly as this, but have much better performance. 13mph is bit too slow. My brushed 250w motor did that. I still don't understand why someone can't make a quality eskate for under $500. Like I've said before, buying the parts retail you can make it yourself for under $500. With wholesale and bulk pricing a company should be able to do. Just need the volume. Beetbocks setup is still probably cheaper than this and its a much better setup.

I doubt beetbocks setup is less than $899. I've bought and I spend a lot more than $899 lol. $899 if you consider just the parts without the board, batteries and battery charger maybe. If you go 1 wheel it's definitely cheaper.

Motor mounts - $100 (1 wheel) - 2 wheel double that. $100 is on the low side too. May be able to get it for $100 if you got a custom machined piece of aluminum and got it welded. But I think that's pushing it too. I would expect to pay at least $150.
Batteries - $130-$150
ESC - $60-$100 - This is with a HK 150A.
Board, Wheels, Trucks - $200-$250. - Unless you go with an ebay board + wheels for $60-$80.
Pulleys, Belt, Drive wheels - $100

That's still about $700+ easy not including charger, wires, etc. If you add in AlienPower ESC that's a lot more and AlienDrive mount kit that's more. It's pretty pricey.

Although, I would not trade my DIY electric longboard for the eboards. The eboards is pretty nice but speed cap sucks and I would like to know what grade of hills it can climb and the true range distance. That's the entire reason why I went the route of DIY since I can control how much power I get and the speed.

For someone who doesn't have the time, patience and know how to complete a DIY electric longboard. This isn't a bad option.

Would be awesome though if they could sell it for $500. I'd definitely buy one at the $500 range. For $899, I'd prefer to just build another DIY eboard. Convince them so I can buy one :D !

Maybe soon, we can build a board for under $500. I'm working on creating a setup in which you can use any wheel and use any trucks. Then you can easily purchase an ebay board and attach the mounts etc and get a decent powered 6S setup for cheap.

torqueboards said:
Motor mounts - $100 (1 wheel) - 2 wheel double that. $100 is on the low side too. May be able to get it for $100 if you got a custom machined piece of aluminum and got it welded. But I think that's pushing it too. I would expect to pay at least $150.
Batteries - $130-$150
ESC - $60-$100 - This is with a HK 150A.
Board, Wheels, Trucks - $200-$250. - Unless you go with an ebay board + wheels for $60-$80.
Pulleys, Belt, Drive wheels - $100

That's still about $700+ easy not including charger, wires, etc. If you add in AlienPower ESC that's a lot more and AlienDrive mount kit that's more. It's pretty pricey.

Although, I would not trade my DIY electric longboard for the eboards. The eboards is pretty nice but speed cap sucks and I would like to know what grade of hills it can climb and the true range distance. That's the entire reason why I went the route of DIY since I can control how much power I get and the speed.

For someone who doesn't have the time, patience and know how to complete a DIY electric longboard. This isn't a bad option.

Would be awesome though if they could sell it for $500. I'd definitely buy one at the $500 range. For $899, I'd prefer to just build another DIY eboard. Convince them so I can buy one :D !

Maybe soon, we can build a board for under $500. I'm working on creating a setup in which you can use any wheel and use any trucks. Then you can easily purchase an ebay board and attach the mounts etc and get a decent powered 6S setup for cheap.

If you are paying those prices for those components your getting your head slapped my friend :lol: price of a product does not equal quality of said product

Hi LostMD. I have been lurking around for about a week. I am totally obsessed with converting my longboard into an E board. Anyway, You made reference to the price torqueboard was paying and the quality of his parts. I would love to have your opinion on an ESC and motor. I am planning to use the LaGrange trucks only because I can get them for free using credit card points. They recommend the Mamba Monster, but I have seen cheaper esc's. I am not handy or an electronics person at all. Thanks

LostMD said:
If you are paying those prices for those components your getting your head slapped my friend :lol: price of a product does not equal quality of said product

I don't understand. What do you mean? Those are the going prices for parts and mediocre parts at that. A eboard with good parts will cost you way more than $500. I've paid many more times that.

I wonder if the Yuneec E-boards is gonna end up under multiple brands like we see with these other Chinese eboards....

did a little seach on ebay to see what $500 would get u,
600w 22mph (hmmm, possible brushless motor, no mention whether battery is lithium so probably SLA)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-and-Improved-Electric-Skateboard-600W-Battery-Powered-22mph-Wireless-Remote-/231023603534

altered with a lithium pack starts at a $1000

evolve wants $1200 for their lithium brushless china board :roll:
vs $650 from this place
http://www.alternativeride.com/en/20-500w-electric-skateboard-with-wireless-controller-and-lithium-ion-battery.html

and check out this bargain,
eglide sla battery/case/controller
$500 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Glide-GT-AT-Power-Pack-Battery-Pack-complete-with-batteries-electronics-/160938862416?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item2578b42750

My last comment was rude and I do apologize for that, it was uncalled for and there is no excuse for it.
Now for the prices I paid, I am a full time college student on a budget so I spent quite a number of hours researching and reading everything I could find (still am) so I could control as much as possible on this build and keep the cost to a minimum. My total was $498 US Dollars with some change. Please note that there are some items I already had like 10 gauge wire, soldering tools, bolts/screws, and whatnot.
Here is a comprehensive break down of the prices I paid:

Electronics – $272.23 US Dollars after Shipping, there are a couple parts that are interchangeable but would still be roughly the same price. For example the Motor is in the SK3 63mm class and those motors have 3 different prices depending on the length. I would have preferred the SK3 6364-245kv over my current SK3 6364-213kv (same price), but they were out of stock in the US warehouse.

• Motor – SK3 213kv $71.24 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=41051&aff=1147436
    ESC – 150A HK ESC $67.20 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=41171&aff=1147436
    Battery – 5000mAh 6S1P 25C $54.33 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=16706&aff=1147436
    Charger – $24.07 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=18066&aff=1147436
    Radio System – $19.69 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=15141&aff=1147436
    Programing Card – $5.91 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=44872&aff=1147436
    Connectors Male –$4.81 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=42617&aff=1147436
    Connectors Female – $4.79 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=42618&aff=1147436
    Shrink Tube - $1.19 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=44870&aff=1147436
These are but a few of the sites I came across a day after my order and I was kicking myself for not finding them sooner haha. BuddyCodes for HobbyKing are codes that are valid for up to 14 days and offer a discounted price. I highly recommend doing a search for HK buddycodes before making a purchase, their website forum has a designated area for posting codes and a detailed how to guide for the codes. If I would have used buddy code for every item I could have probably save $10 or $15. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=81 http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/buddy/#catalog http://buddycodes.net/

Longboard – $149.00 for complete (free shipping to all 48 states). http://churchillmfg.com/store/boards/ There is a lot that could be said about Churchill MFG boards and service, they offer quality boards for an amazing price. Two things that are worth pointing out to all you DIY’ers: First is that you can buy uncut boards and design your own board shape, meaning that you can design your board in such a way to allow for a larger wheel/pulley/motor clearance that a stock board wouldn’t offer; second is that because they don’t put graphics or logos on their board (one of the reasons for their low prices) you have the ability to create your own design for your board. I would write a full review about my ‘Suzie Slide Through’ but that is not purpose of this post, ill post a review within the next month or so on the Fish or another place; I spent a good amount of time riding the board before my electronics came in which caused me to rethink my mounting bracket, because even though I already cut, drilled, and tapped it and had it ready to be mounted I wanted something that could be easily detached for normal riding, which my first bracket could not offer. (more on that later)

Drive System – 44.77 US Dollars after shipping. https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Catalog , The pulleys I bought are aluminum but alternatively I could have bought the plastic version with the same specs for a fraction of the price (I know the word plastic bring to mind something flimsy and fragile but I assure you their plastic pulleys can handle the job).
  • A 6R25M060150 – $11.13 HTD 5mm pitch, 60 grooves, 15mm wide
    A 6A25M030DF1508 – $17.01 30T wheel hub (The bore of this pulley is 8mm and has no lateral taps which means I had to bore and tap it for my application, this price does not include that)
    A 6A25M020DF1508 – $12.68 20T wheel hub
Mounting Bracket and the Metal Work – $32.00 US Dollars
This section is a little bit complicated because I currently developing a prototype that is easily detachable and can be used on most hanger shapes. But for my first mounting bracket:
  • Aluminum Flat Bar – $2 US Dollars and someodd change, bought locally from an Alro store that is kind of like a Kwik-E-Mart. The flat bar was 3/8 of an inch thick, 2 ½ inches wide, and 10 ½ long; a lot of the metals that were sold at that particular shop were just the left over pieces from previous job. http://www.alro.com/ Alternatively you can buy the same type of bar from home depot or lowes with roughly the same specs.

Cutting, Boring, and Tapping of the Mounting Bracket and the Wheel Hub Pulley - $20.00 US Dollars plus a $10.00 tip. This was done at a small local machine shop and took less than and hour to get everything done. I road my board up to the shop in the middle of the week with all the hardware and explained my project, what I needed done, showed them quite a few pictures of different bracket designs wich gave a general idea of what I was aiming for, and answered a bunch questions about RC products and how the finished board will work. I was told it was a slow day for them and the entire process took less than an hour. All that was done was cutting out the simple bracket design from my flat bar, then boring and tapping the holes for the pulley and bolts; as well as tapping and increasing the bore diameter of the wheel hub from 8mm to (if I remember correctly) 22mm though I think it might be larger. I don’t have a picture up yet of the bracket but it looks very similar to “vitalie’s”, http://howtomakeanelectricskateboard.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/vitalies-eboard/.
The attachment of the bracket would have required me to shave down part of the rear truck but I put it for a later date because my electronic components were still in the mail and I was enjoying my new board. So while waiting for the electronics to arrive I stumbled across something that can be easily used to to secure a motor mount to my truck without having to modify or damage the truck hanger. So I never attached the first bracket, instead I started tinkering around with this new piece I found and have developed a working prototype. This new mounting system has cost me around $30’ish’ to put together and I am in the process of trying to get all the variables worked out so when I put up a website/blog/or whatever all the information needed for the mount (among other things) will be available to anyone or alternatively the mount can be bought for cheap.

I was going to post similar pricing. Not too hard to get under the $500 mark, and like I said a big company should be able to get the costs down if you were to make a few thousand boards. I probably spent more than that also, trying to find all the parts that would work for. Sometimes shipping kills it, so I would order more than I needed. LostMD could have even save more, by going with a different motor, maybe cheaper battery. (The hobbypartz 245 motor is $50 and 6s turnigy are only $42) Also the connectors and shrink tube usually come with the ESC and motor. Sector Nine boards are selling for $100 at Zumiez also. Just depends on what quality you want. $50 on ebay for low end.
I am curious as to how your mount is going to work and hold up. I think the welded version is likely the best, but not removable. I have had a few friends try and ride my board and the first thing they do is hit full throttle. The torque has broken a few screws on the motor mount. If you know what you are doing, probably not going to be an issue. Just watch out for your friends.

Yes, if you purchase a regular longboard setup. Make your own mounts. Yes, it's doable for under $500.

If you were to purchase a motor mount kit, holey trucks, abec 11 flywheels it would be more than $500. Or move up to a 2 motor setup and/or 8S/10S rather than 6S.

If you source all the parts and make the motor mount yourself and buy pulleys then yeah. You can easily stay within the budget of $500.

My original point was for $500, you wouldn't be able to get the motor mount kit and/or alienpower ESCs with that price.

Awesome setup though. I do like the 15mm belt. Definitely, post some photos of your motor mount. I would like to see it! My original board was also from churchhillmfg. They have awesome unbranded boards for a great price. $49 a deck!

My next 6s setup will definitely be under $500 easy as I'll be going the 150A HK esc route.

Torque, I will defiantly have pictures up soon. I am in the process of typing up a in-depth guide of what was done and what I would do differently, and you are right Drik I continue to find different parts at a cheaper rate and roughly the same output. Learning about the buddy codes after my purchase bummed me out, but hey someone hopefully will learn from my mistakes just like I learned from so many others. The La Grange trucks are something I would highly recommend if you have the funds, I know they seem pricy but precision truck usually are; the guides on their website were extremely helpful for me in the beginning of my research. The HK 150A ESC I currently use works perfectly for me, I hear complaints/problems every once in a while that arise from its use in this type of application but I think it might be caused from other things like impractical expectation, but hey that's just my opinion. Honestly I almost bought the LaGrange package but the cheapskate in me said no, and moved on to other options like the Alien kit when they were still selling to the US. Their prices were an even bigger turn off for me, please don't get me wrong I think their set is brilliant, but the arrogant side of me said I can do something very similar for a fraction of the price. Granted my first bracket is not as fancy and elaborate as theirs, nor my current one, but I have the option of removing it very easily on a moments notice. I was a mediocre skater before I was a mediocre 'builder/tinkerer' and I enjoy the flexibility of what I have made. I finished my build not even 2 weeks ago but I have been busy with school work for my next semester (starts tomorrow) so I can be ahead of the game and stay ahead, so some time this week ill have pictures taken and posted. :pancake:

Yeah, congrats on doing the DIY route. Please do post some pics as I would like to see them. I was going to go that route but didn't have the time to go to my local machine shop to weld/cut me a motor mount. I ended up going with aliendrive.

Wow, a 25 mile range is impressive at $400 cheaper, compared to 5-6 miles range offered by Boosted Boards, at roughly the same weight. I realize the Boosted Boards is 7 mph faster. Does it have Regenerative braking like the Boosted Boards?

I bought more than enough stuff from hobbyking, due to electrifying every possible item I can find and my RC hobbies. My understanding of the buddy code is lacking. If I understand it right though, the pricing is the same as if you logged onto your account though. Correct me if I am wrong. If you sit on a page for the item you want, usually it says something like we see you are looking at this item we want to offer you a discount. This will give you the same price as when you logged on also.

So who makes the best Electric longboard conversion kit? I'd like to electrify a Bustin' Robot 41".

Check out the Lagrange L1 at redrockboardshop.com. I have heard nothing but good things and am on the verge of buying it. I also think they have a partnership or something with bustin boards (not 100% sure about that).

galvatron1 said:
So who makes the best Electric longboard conversion kit? I'd like to electrify a Bustin' Robot 41".

They are all pretty good. Depends on how much you plan on spending. You can go the kit route and purchase some of the available kits or you can go and weld a piece of aluminum to the trucks which is the stronger of them all. The bolt on kits seem to work great too. Good luck! It's a ton of fun.

I like the range, but it only looks to be going 6-7 mph in the above video w/ the pro skater. I Kick scoot faster than that on my Micro Kick Black. I avg. 9.8 MPH.

Back