E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Jesse/Rod
I'm ordering up some MC tires as we speak - Shinko 241s (seems to the the go to tire). I've organised some sea freight which will be around $200 so going to order enough tires to make it worth it. Are you boys keen? Depending on the size you want, the shinkos are around 35AUD plus freight - assuming we don't get stung with GST and/or duties, the tires will be under $50 each landed in Freo. Currently have 10 2.5x19s on order and was planning on ordering another 12-14 to fill the sea freight allocation - anyone after any particualr sizes? May start another thread on this as the ProWheels one went so well... :D
Not too worried if no ones interested, I'll have enough tires to last me years... :lol:

wingsuit said:
I thought I remember David saying he was 6'2 or 3'. this was in a response when I was asking about frame size. I'm 6'3 so was asking the question. cant give you a report on how it feels though as mine is still in pieces (waiting on motor and spokes)

Ahhh explains why It fits me so well then - I'm 6'2 (or 187).

You should be able to dial it into your liking with the usual stem/seatpost fandango.

DoD

Dark Knight said:
Jesse/Rod
I'm ordering up some MC tires as we speak - Shinko 241s (seems to the the go to tire). I've organised some sea freight which will be around $200 so going to order enough tires to make it worth it. Are you boys keen? Depending on the size you want, the shinkos are around 35AUD plus freight - assuming we don't get stung with GST and/or duties, the tires will be under $50 each landed in Freo. Currently have 10 2.5x19s on order and was planning on ordering another 12-14 to fill the sea freight allocation - anyone after any particualr sizes? May start another thread on this as the ProWheels one went so well... :D
Not too worried if no ones interested, I'll have enough tires to last me years... :lol:

I'll take a couple of 17/3 inch

Rodney64 said:
Swede said:
Question about frame size

i am 192cm can i use the frame or is it to small?

How tall are you Phasor ownser?

/ Swede

It will be a good size for you. It's large for me that's one of the reasons why I like the 17 inch wheels. I'm 5.9

Thats good news :D

wingsuit said:
I thought I remember David saying he was 6'2 or 3'. this was in a response when I was asking about frame size. I'm 6'3 so was asking the question. cant give you a report on how it feels though as mine is still in pieces (waiting on motor and spokes)

Okey i will wait and and see what you Think about the size...

ATTACH]

Does anyone know what the measurement for A line is ?

// Swede

Did a real rough tape measure measurement - and I reckon around 65cm.ish

I'd email Mr Pearce for the actual though as its not the easiest thing to measure with a tape measure

DoD

Dudeofdoom said:

I'd email Mr Pearce for the actual though as its not the easiest thing to measure with a tape measure

DoD

Thank you for that Mr DoD

All, I spoke with David Pearce, at Phasor, about a MX style seat. While this was initially planned for the Phasor, it has not been designed as there was limited interest. However, if there is sufficient interest, David may move forward with designing, prototyping, and building the seats for sale as an add-on for existing Phasor Owners, and an option for future Phasor frame orders.

If you would like to show interest in this option, please click the link below and post in the Phasor MX Seat Thread.

Phasor MX Seat Thread

Another Phasor is born.... David's workmanship on the frame is outstanding and it arrived on the other side of the planet without so much as a scratch. Went together very easily with no issues with swing arm going straight in. Running a HS4065 with Lyen 18 Fet controller and 26" MB wheels. Turnigy 5 amp NanoTech batteries in 4 by 10 cell configuration setup for 72-84V. Yes 10 amp of batteries hardly makes a dint on the real estate within the frame but provides me (I peddle) with range of just under 40km single trail. There wasn't a lot of info on installing the batteries so have included a couple of images of my battery boxes. Simple 3D print with end caps secured to frame and a floating middle bracket that locks into frame and allows easy removal of batteries while protecting them from rattling around (wires still need to be cleaned up). White may not be as trendy but I got a great deal on the white boxer front end and magura mt.4's. Bike is running but will be going the 19" MC rim route and I have Bestech BMS's which I am yet to install. Thanks to the likes of Aussie Jester, Rodney, Hyena, Korpin, Rix etc, etc who supplied the inspiration and insights that made my build so simple.

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,291
Damn 9Lives, went togother click and looks very nice. Something I ran into with the SR241 on a 4080 with a single speed cog is chain line clearance on the tire, got a knobby cutter I will be shaving the sides off a little. That or running a 1/2" freel wheel spacer will solve the problem. If you are running a multigeared free wheel, shouldn't be an issue, excpet for you gear closest to the hub motor. Something to thing about. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. Photo courtesy of Ebikessf.

Rick

Attachments

• freewheel_extender_in_use.png
    freewheel_extender_in_use.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,276
9Lives

I like your battery restraints,never thought about printing some :)

And What model Besttech BMS's did you go for ?

Mammalian04 said:
Interesting. I am almost Swede's height (over 6'2") so this might be a consideration for me as well. Anyone know how the proportion compares with the Raptor?

I did see a pic with the raptor and the phasor standing side by side ( overlapping) and the phasor is bigger (wheelbase) but i havent found the pic it again..

Dudeofdoom said:

DoD

Did you get an answer?

well got my bike back from HPC....117 volts hot off the charger...bike goes 40-45 mph at 20-25 amps....increasing the amps does not increase top speed by much according to HPC because this is a high torque motor which seems to be the case it really gets up to speed fast....I am running both cyrstalyte and CA display it smooths out the power also according to HPC...HPC also said if I disconnect the heat sensor I will get about 10% more speed...does anybody know why this is??? :?: ....I need to test it climbing now

korpin said:
well got my bike back from HPC....117 volts hot off the charger...bike goes 40-45 mph at 20-25 amps....increasing the amps does not increase top speed by much according to HPC because this is a high torque motor which seems to be the case it really gets up to speed fast....I am running both cyrstalyte and CA display it smooths out the power also according to HPC...HPC also said if I disconnect the heat sensor I will get about 10% more speed...does anybody know why this is??? :?: ....I need to test it climbing now

You must have a 6 turn stator wind to only get 40-45MPH @ 117 volts. Of course you are still pulling almost 3kw at 25amp. Yah, I imagine it would be quick getting there also. My Fighter has a thermasistor in it, and its fast, I know if I unplugged the sensor wire from the DC1 computer, that it wouldn't do anything to increase my performance.

Rick

Rix said:
[
You must have a 6 turn stator wind to only get 40-45MPH @ 117 volts. Of course you are still pulling almost 3kw at 25amp. Yah, I imagine it would be quick getting there also. My Fighter has a thermasistor in it, and its fast, I know if I unplugged the sensor wire from the DC1 computer, that it wouldn't do anything to increase my performance.

Rick

think its technically not a thermistor...its a fusible link...thermistor just changes ohms with heat,fusible link disconnects circuit at pre set temperature and resets when cooling...it feels good to be the expert once in a while! :lol: ...usually I am asking questions! ...at least that's how my heat sensor works...also my motor has hall sensors now guess they are needed for higher voltages...and I guess that means I can get regen now?

Halls? Did you run sensorless before? Thats wierd.
Why do you need such A high voltage config? 117v is just crazy. Is it speed you want, just buy a different motor.
At 117V you should be in the 70mph club =)
And why only 25Amps? 3000Whats is kind of low if you have crystalyte 40xx
HPC is always bragging about their High power/speed demons machines, why can't they fix your bike once and for all?
Look at GC bike he has 20S lipo and tops around 50mph, 6000W and thats with his 40xx xlyte. I would say something is really wrong here or am I missing something about your build?

korpin said:
Rix said:
[

Rick

think its technically not a thermistor...its a fusible link...thermistor just changes ohms with heat,fusible link disconnects circuit at pre set temperature and resets when cooling...it feels good to be the expert once in a while! :lol: ...usually I am asking questions! ...at least that's how my heat sensor works...also my motor has hall sensors now guess they are needed for higher voltages...and I guess that means I can get regen now?

I don't know what you got, I was told Crystalyte uses a 2k thermal sensor on the H40xx which I am presumably running. Haven't had the motor apart to vent yet so I don't know.

Allex said:
Why do you need such A high voltage config? 117v is just crazy. Is it speed you want, just buy a different motor.
HPC is always bragging about their High power/speed demons machines, why can't they fix your bike once and for all?
Look at GC bike he has 20S lipo and tops around 50mph, 6000W and thats with his 40xx xlyte. I would say something is really wrong here or am I missing something about your build?[/
quote]

Allex, I was thinking the same thing. The standard 4065 based based on 72 volt 40Ah controller is rated for 65KPH or about 402MPH. Korpins goes that fast with an extra 40 or so volts. A while back, Korpin said HPC was having a 4065 built specifically to optimize a 100+ volt system. With the speeds Korpin is getting and the fact that he say his bike accelerates quickly, I think HPC had a 4065 custom wound with a 6 turn stator. If that's not the case, you and me are both missing something because I don't have the slightest clue. I know what you mean, HPC brags about their 90 Volt HPC Black Lightening being good for 55MPH. Can't help but to wonder whats going on with Korpins machine.

Rick

Rix said:
Allex said:
Look at GC bike he has 20S lipo and tops around 50mph, 6000W and thats with his 40xx xlyte. I would say something is really wrong here or am I missing something about your build?[/
quote]

Allex, I was thinking the same thing. The standard 4065 based based on 72 volt 40Ah controller is rated for 65KPH or about 402MPH. Korpins goes that fast with an extra 40 or so volts. A while back, Korpin said HPC was having a 4065 built specifically to optimize a 100+ volt system. With the speeds Korpin is getting and the fact that he say his bike accelerates quickly, I think HPC had a 4065 custom wound with a 6 turn stator. If that's not the case, you and me are both missing something because I don't have the slightest clue. I know what you mean, HPC brags about their 90 Volt HPC Black Lightening being good for 55MPH. Can't help but to wonder whats going on with Korpins machine.

Rick

Korpin whats your 0-40 mph times. If you want more speed just buy a
4080. Will be good for top speed but not hills.

been reading your comments..I also was expecting higher top speed at this voltage ....but I DID tell HPC I wanted to climb hills....I also told them I rarely go over 45 mph but wanted to be able to climb as well....will take it out today to see how it climbs...I can feel more torque compared to my other motor...they said I can increase amps but to keep it below 30 when climbing HPC told me this was a torque wound motor and not as fast as their fastest motors

HPC also said if I disconnect heat sensor I would get 10% more speed which I do not understand????

my other motor climbed extremely well at 58 volts but top cruising speed was only 35 mph with high of 40 for short burst while pedaling....at 90 volts and 50 amps it hit 53 mph but that was with 27" bicycle tires...the shinkos reduced this to 50 mph

its possible I can go faster if I push amps up to 45 or so but will take it one step at a time

I am really starting to think a mid drive is the best combination of weight,speed,range,and climbing ability...I think a top speed of 40-45 mph and weight of 80 pounds and 2 kwh of batteries is possible (with motorcycle tires and rims) with mid drive without having to get into exotic (and expensive) composites

korpin said:
been reading your comments..I also was expecting higher top speed at this voltage ....but I DID tell HPC I wanted to climb hills....I also told them I rarely go over 45 mph but wanted to be able to climb as well....will take it out today to see how it climbs...I can feel more torque compared to my other motor...they said I can increase amps but to keep it below 30 when climbing HPC told me this was a torque wound motor and not as fast as their fastest motors

HPC also said if I disconnect heat sensor I would get 10% more speed which I do not understand????

my other motor climbed extremely well at 58 volts but top cruising speed was only 35 mph with high of 40 for short burst while pedaling....at 90 volts and 50 amps it hit 53 mph but that was with 27" bicycle tires...the shinkos reduced this to 50 mph

its possible I can go faster if I push amps up to 45 or so but will take it one step at a time

I am really starting to think a mid drive is the best combination of weight,speed,range,and climbing ability...I think a top speed of 40-45 mph and weight of 80 pounds and 2 kwh of batteries is possible (with motorcycle tires and rims) with mid drive without having to get into exotic (and expensive) composites

Under your CA Menu settings, is it possible your speed is limited set to 45MPH? If that's the case, change it to 99MPH. It won't go 99, but your bikes top speed wont be limited to the CA telling the controller to shut down cut power. The speeds you referenced are what I am getting with the Fighter. Hot off charge at 58V I get about 38MPH which is fine by me. It climbs good though. I got an 18x1.4 MC running a 2.75 x18 SR241, Just spent all last night with the knobby cutter cutting the sides knobs off for chain clearance, well the pile rubber I had weighed about a pound. So now, my SR241 is lighter.

Rick

Rix said:
Under your CA Menu settings, is it possible your speed is limited set to 45MPH? If that's the case, change it to 99MPH. It won't go 99, but your bikes top speed wont be limited to the CA telling the controller to shut down cut power. The speeds you referenced are what I am getting with the Fighter. Hot off charge at 58V I get about 38MPH which is fine by me. It climbs good though. I got an 18x1.4 MC running a 2.75 x18 SR241, Just spent all last night with the knobby cutter cutting the sides knobs off for chain clearance, well the pile rubber I had weighed about a pound. So now, my SR241 is lighter.

Rick
its set at 99...went out today took it out 21 miles some tough hills -pavement hills,dirt road hills,firebreak hills seems to have good balance of climbing and speed it seems to hit top speed in like 3 or 4 seconds will have to time it

amp setting: 22 amps
starting voltage 117 point something maybe 117.5
ending voltage: 106.6
top speed of the day: 44 mph

rix what amps is your fighter using?

Allex said:
You need 8-10kw to reach 50mph in 6 seconds.

hmm well this is a high torque motor specifically optimized for 100 volts according to HPC ...not sure of exact timing,but it gets up past 40 mph pretty quick....running at 22 amps setting so 2200-2600 watts...on the way back from my 21 mile ride top speed was down to around 38 mph though did some pretty tough climbing

Back