E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

It should fit, though obviously you'll need to find and fit a 5 speed derailleur if you want to be able to shift gears. Oh and a longer chain. Or if you just want the 13t top gear you could just lock it in that gear with the existing set up and hope the chain line is OK.

I've used those stick on patches and they're pretty good for small holes though obviously wont save you from big pinch flats. I'm dreading having to push home my bike one day if I get a flat out in the scrub.

I'll spam my latest vid here too for those that don't follow my thread and just come here to see vids of stealths in action :p

[youtube]ibWA7cWU2Ek[/youtube]

great video bro...you havent made it public though so it doesnt come up in any of the searches nor does it come up on my TV as it doesnt show on the subs list, your other videos are fine though?

Thats funny, its listed as public but your TV might be treated as a mobile device - I just tried it on my phone and it wouldn't load either. Probably one of those annoying sydication settings or something that automatically get turned on when you use certain copyrighted soundtracks. I'll sus it out when I get home.

Hyena said:
It should fit, though obviously you'll need to find and fit a 5 speed derailleur if you want to be able to shift gears. Oh and a longer chain. Or if you just want the 13t top gear you could just lock it in that gear with the existing set up and hope the chain line is OK.

Thanks Hyena. Yeah, the longer chain and derailleur are a given. I was more wondering about axle spacing and if it's the right type of free wheel to fit the existing axle.

Anyone ever taken a Stealth on anything like this?
http://vimeo.com/basquemtb/mountain-biking-basque-pyrenees

I wonder how the Fighter would handle it?
I used to take this kind of stuff on my Norco Bigfoot and love it. :)
[youtube]UDz6TIMvb_Q[/youtube]
[youtube]v8HC78QeXy8[/youtube]

Cheers

Justtoby said:
Berg_racer_x said:
Can some one measure the head stem tube internal diameter for me please ?
http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

Cheers Doug

That product does not fit the stem tube on a fighter, I haven't tried on a bomber yet. It does fit the seat tube though, I managed to tap a thread so that a grub screw pinches it in place too.

My friend is on his third due to gremlins, I had to send back the rear light one too but my second has run fault free.

I data tagged my bike too, just to be sure. It also has DNA smart water.

UPDATE. the spy lamp fits the seat tube but either it doesn't like being upside down OR the carbon fibre tube blocks the signal. Also, it does fit the head set tube on bomber and fighter if you can remove the start shaped captive nut in the tube which the Allen key bolts in to. Sorry for the mis info. The spylamp supplier has been very supportive of our tests.

ALSO:

New owner of a white Fighter took delivery today and we went for a ride on the common near me to shake it down and see what it was like. This was my first ride on a fighter and was an interesting comparison. Top speed was very similar to my Bomber as I have the high torque wind. The acceleration is much more gentle early on with the fighter but my bomber does like to wheelie due to the high torque. I found the ride much more bike like and it moved around and changed direction much faster. The Bomber soaks up more bumps but you are more connected on the Fighter. I now want both as I really liked it.

We took a short vid and some snaps and the new owner will post up shortly. I hope I did not mess up his very expensive slr camera but I did manage to video a nice tank slapped where he nearly lost it in a patch of soft sand that he hit a close to 30mph.

The new regen seems to brake the bike well although we had a small issue with the switch which needs to be replaced.

Justtoby said:
UPDATE. the spy lamp fits the seat tube but either it doesn't like being upside down OR the carbon fibre tube blocks the signal.
GPS requires a fairly direct line of sight to the sky to work (hence why they don't work indoors but do pick up a little if you're next to a window)
With the receiver in the stem it has a good direct view straight up but in the seat post it's completely shielded from above by the seat itself

So, yes, the new White Fighter in the UK. Love it.
And no, the SLR was fine, and tank slapping? Well the word is nearly!

The ride is very different to the Bomber. Really responsive and light, a greyhound to be tamed. The torque kicks in really gently and speed builds up, no sudden kick like the Bomber mule.

Here's the little video. Amazing how you can pad with so little footage!

Come down to Surrey and try it out!

WK

[youtube]gJMjWWkRmFk[/youtube]

Justtoby said:
I found the ride much more bike like and it moved around and changed direction much faster. The Bomber soaks up more bumps but you are more connected on the Fighter.
whizzkid said:
The ride is very different to the Bomber. Really responsive and light, a greyhound to be tamed.
Spot on!

Now you can see why I'm changing over to the Fighter :)

Nice video BTW very crisp
What SLR are you using?

a fighter with lipo and a HS40 or a Cromotor would be faster than a bomber and lighter like a fighter.

YEP :mrgreen:
My fighter is around 1-2kg heavier than standard but with twice the peak power of the bomber :twisted:

The 200w sticker is hanging on for dear life :lol:

Yer and a hyabusa motor in a mini will be faster then a hsv clubsport .
It's all relative ! I was talking stock for stock I'm sure with the bomber running 200v and 500a it would beat the fighter :)

Well this is a H40 but yeah it's certainly pushing the limit at 9kw, even air cooled. It's only short peaks, I wouldn't expect the motor to survive in the hands of a noob if sustained. It's just nice for bragging rights to be able to quote exactly double bomber specs :p :lol: Even the 9Cs can take big power in short bursts - I've run one at 8-9kw and I'm pretty sure methods had one up to 10kw. Anyway that's another story and it's not really sustainable power but the extra torque is there on the bum dyno.

Realistically I'll turn my fighter back down to ~7kw for general riding to get the most range from it. You do get a little extra pull with the higher power (despite supposed saturation) but you're certainly dumping alot of that power as heat.

HPC-X TORNADO 2012 front page copy(1).jpg

Thought I'd share a private discussion on this bike:

Look a bit familiar?

A California company with motors from Crystalyte.
http://www.hi-powercycles.com/product.sc?productId=115&categoryId=1
Interesting isn't it.

Yes please

On a closer look , too much photoshop
Chain line is wrong disappears into hub
Mock up to me
Send them a mail for a demo

Its a photoshop lucky seven from khs bikes
Wow 5000 w on that frame . You may need to up
The policy

Even funnier the hub is off centre , i love these companies

No, it's Crystalyte's new asymmetric chain drive hub motor

Your killing me here , the led light is a torch :)
Stop it not laughed this much for ages

Have a look at the torque arm , toys r us may sue

Berg_racer_x said:
Any chance we can get a drag race happening ?
Would like to see the difference in acceleration !
Cheers Doug

I expect we can do it but you have to understand that my Bomber on the high torque motor is quite brutal off the line for an ebike. A fairer comparison would be the high speed wind but the Fighter gets in to it's stride after about 5-10mph.

Camera was something like a cannon 660 or 1100 but whizz kid can answer some techy questions on that one but he may get quite technical...lol

remf said:
On a closer look , too much photoshop
Chain line is wrong disappears into hub
Even funnier the hub is off centre , i love these companies
No, it's Crystalyte's new asymmetric chain drive hub motor

haha yeah that is pretty badly photoshopped, the motor clearly says BMC on it too. I've heard of other companies playing with bluetooth throttles but it looks like they've managed to bluetooth ALL the wiring from the controller - high five guys! :lol:

With 4115s in the controller presumably these are running at over 100v ? That's asking for trouble in a commercial product given stealth has had issues at nearly half that power

Re Bomber V Fighter drag race . I have a standard Fighter my mate has a standard Bomber with a mid torque hub . His Bomber absolutely flogs my Fighter in a drag race . Especially up hill . There is no comparison . I love my Fighter , when I get on his Bomber it does feel a bit heavy & cumbersome but the extra torque feels fantastic .

Cool Video

I like both bikes to be honest! id have either and be happy :) I think it depends what you want, the Bomber looks more capable of handling the rough stuff at higher speeds and the fighter is def more nimble looking, I will need to try them ha ha, although I hit a little patch off off road dirt at about 30mph at lunch time on my normal ebike and got a nice jump out of it (better check the frame later for cracks! ha ha )

Toby Deec is really keen to come and meet up, he works weekends but might be able to scrape a day off, I can come pretty much any weekend and even 1 day in the week if need be.

So is your customer pleased with his bike then?

knoxie said:
Cool Video

I like both bikes to be honest! id have either and be happy :) I think it depends what you want, the Bomber looks more capable of handling the rough stuff at higher speeds and the fighter is def more nimble looking, I will need to try them ha ha, although I hit a little patch off off road dirt at about 30mph at lunch time on my normal ebike and got a nice jump out of it (better check the frame later for cracks! ha ha )

Toby Deec is really keen to come and meet up, he works weekends but might be able to scrape a day off, I can come pretty much any weekend and even 1 day in the week if need be.

So is your customer pleased with his bike then?

Hi, 24th March looks like Dave A can come with a couple of bikes, I can do it too. how about you two? If not then I am sure we can sort out a week day.

Justin was buzzing after his first ride on the bike, we have a couple of silly things to sort on the bikebut John is already sorting them out.

I agree with BRUTE that the two bikes are massively different but it doesnt mean one is better than the other, they just do different things. An alternative would be a drag race to carry the bikes up a set of stairs before loading them in to the back of a van. The fighter would win that one!

Hi Toby

Yes I should be good for the 24th of March, thats a saturday, I will check with Deec to see if he can make it else I will come down again with him when he can :mrgreen: yeah totally agree on the Bomber vs Fighter, I think having both is the only option :wink: should be a laugh, see if me and Dave can do a double Bomber wheelie, that might be a first!!

Have a good weekend

knoxie said:
Hi Toby

Yes I should be good for the 24th of March, thats a saturday, I will check with Deec to see if he can make it else I will come down again with him when he can :mrgreen: yeah totally agree on the Bomber vs Fighter, I think having both is the only option :wink: should be a laugh, see if me and Dave can do a double Bomber wheelie, that might be a first!!

Have a good weekend

Cool, I am excited already! Double wheelie should not be hard to get and a first on here I think.

Hi guys,

I'm a new owner of a bomber just recently received a battery, ran through my first cycle of the battery and these are the results (99 km).
I'm having trouble publishing vids here so here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmTU9OK20s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Let me know if anyone thinks I should make any changes.

I got the mid motor option 65-70 kph, this things a rocket it goes great :) it really puts a smile on your face going from 40kph to 65kph in seconds. More vids on the way soon.

Skyline said:
Hi guys,

I'm a new owner of a bomber just recently received a battery, ran through my first cycle of the battery and these are the results (99 km).
I'm having trouble publishing vids here so here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmTU9OK20s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Let me know if anyone thinks I should make any changes.

I got the mid motor option 65-70 kph, this things a rocket it goes great :) it really puts a smile on your face going from 40kph to 65kph in seconds. More vids on the way soon.

Hey skyline, congrats on the bomber!

Where abouts on this green Island are you ?

I would love to see one of these in the flesh!

Back