• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

FL bomber said:
What motors have you bomber owners used when your 5403 has problems. Order another 5403 from stealth or other options.. input please my bike is sitting in the garage and I'm stuck driving my car A 2000 Impala. Nobody speeds up to me .stops me at red lights ask me questions in my Impala. Now I'm not stealth I'm invisible

I have also ran the 5404 and 5405 on my Bomber. I am currently awaiting for spokes to be cut so I can lace up a TC4080 to my Bomber, and a TC3065 to my Fighter.

PRW said:
Rix said:
I am currently awaiting for spokes to be cut so I can lace up a TC4080 to my Bomber, and a TC3065 to my Fighter.
Rix, why a TC3065 for the Fighter, versus say a Mxus 3k?

Because my TC3065 is almost 5 pounds lighter than my MXUS 4T, plus my MXUS is going on my Alpha with the Adapto Max E :mrgreen: :D

Rix said:
PRW said:
Rix said:
I am currently awaiting for spokes to be cut so I can lace up a TC4080 to my Bomber, and a TC3065 to my Fighter.
Rix, why a TC3065 for the Fighter, versus say a Mxus 3k?

Because my TC3065 is almost 5 pounds lighter than my MXUS 4T, plus my MXUS is going on my Alpha with the Adapto Max E :mrgreen: :D
thanks Rix -sounds like a great plan! :D

PRW said:
Rix, why a TC3065 for the Fighter, versus say a Mxus 3k?[
Because my TC3065 is almost 5 pounds lighter than my MXUS 4T, plus my MXUS is going on my Alpha with the Adapto Max E :mrgreen: :D[/quote]
thanks Rix -sounds like a great plan! :D[/quote]

Thanks PRW, it all sound great, but wont know for certain until its up and running. Will know by May.

JumperJackFlash said:
Bigbore,

Would you tell us what kind of battery you are using?

Thanks.

20S14P 18650 LG DBHE2 2500mAh cells for a nominal 72V 35Ah

Rix said:
Long hill climb Simone, how did the motor do? Get hot on you?

I was pretty conservative with my new QS205 so I've climbed the first part of the hill pedal assisting in normal mode adjusted at about 2Kw max power, then near the end of the climb I selected Boost mode but without pulling to many amps. I must tell you that this QS205 has warmed up less than the 5403 used in the same manner.

On my old fighter I ran a H40, TC40, and 5404. The TC was the sweet spot for big power handling and took frequent bursts at 10kw in its stride. The H40 was a little lighter and for regular bursts over 5kw it was fine too.
The 5404 and QS/Cro are OK on the bomber but are too much of a boat anchor on the fighter and adversely affect handling IMO.
The TC on the bomber is a nice weight saving mod that will take the stock power OK

1abv said:
25172710474_3de9532a16.jpg

mmmmmm total subject change…..mmmmm saint brakes.. holy crap went out for a first ride on them with the ice-tech rotors 203's….holy crap so much better than those magura mt4's..
It's like the hand of god grabbed my front wheel. Much better feel, power and modulation well worth the mod.

Hi

I have been thinking of upgrading my brakes on my 2012 Stealth Bomber. My bomber are equipped with a Marzocchi 888 Fork and has 8 Pot Gator brakes. But i have never really been satisfied with the braking performance with these brakes. Compared to other normal mountain bike brakes.

So my questions are ? what model year is your fork. It looks to be exactly similar to mine. Did you use the original Shimano fasteners on the Saints M820 Brakes or did you have to buy some additional parts for the rear brake to make it fit. And did you have to do any modification to the bracket on the fork. And what Disk rotors are you using in the front and rear Size ?

what model year is your fork. : 2014 CR
Did you use the original Shimano fasteners on the Saints M820 Brakes or did you have to buy some additional parts for the rear brake to make it fit. : I used the stock magura mount that came on the bike They are a top mount.. looks like the gators are side mount.. ill take a pic.
And did you have to do any modification to the bracket on the fork.: no not at all. The caliper is directly mounted to the fork. No bracket needed.
And what Disk rotors are you using in the front and rear Size ? : Shimano ICE tech 203 front and back. I have a spacer on the back to move the rotor a bit furthur away from the motor which gives the caliper clearance against the motor but that was the same with the maguras.

FL bomber said:
Rix out of the three 54xx which Suited your riding.I like the look of the TC4080 .. RIDE ON.

The 5404 is the best 54xx motor out there. Its still running on my Bomber, until the TC4080 gets laced up. I still get orders for the 5403 and 5404, but I usually talk customer out of them. If someone is going to go this big and heavy with a hub motor, the QS205 and Cromotors are better options. Right now for light weight, I think the TC30xxs are the best direct drive option i have seen but not cheap. If all around performance with minimal weight is the goal, the MXUS and TC40xx bridge the gap perfectly between the smaller H35, H40, TC30xx leaf, 9C...etc, and the Cromotor and QS205. The 54xx is a true work horse, but is in need of a major face lift if Crystalyte wants to compete with Greyborg.

BUGGER !!!!
my battery is on its death legs now !!

20,000kms (540cycles)
now down to about 9Ah capacity....just enough to get to work...but not for long..

Not sure what the "Die" curves like...but will be finding out !

Can someone sum up my options (i know there's lots of battery knowledge in the forum).. and possible costs ?
(I need to get it back and running as I use it to commute to work....40kms a day)

Cheers

Dunk in Adelaide / South Australia

DunkenKBliths said:
BUGGER !!!!

20,000kms (540cycles)
now down to about 9Ah capacity....just enough to get to work...but not for long..

Can someone sum up my options (i know there's lots of battery knowledge in the forum).. and possible costs ?
(I need to get it back and running as I use it to commute to work....40kms a day)

Cheers

Damn Dunky, you got your use out of that bike. Time to upgrade your battery. Talk to Allex, he will hook you up like a tow truck.

Rix said:
Nevermind, go to your local MC shop and ask them for this size MC Inner Tube "80/90-21" with the longest valve stem they carry. This tube will fit our 24MTB Razorbacks perfectly. The only bitch is the valve stem is a little on the short side for the Bomber's deep well rims. So when the valve stem is fished through the rim hole, make sure the nut that comes with these tubes is removed. Then use that nut and thread back on the stem. This will hold the valve stem in place so you can air up the tire. I run a super heavy duty Maxxis 80/90-21 MC Tube on the front of my Bomber, its at least twice as thick as the heaviest 24" DH MTB Tube made by Duro No problems or flats.

Rick

Some of the best info on here. Thank Rix. After trying a slimed downhill tire and not being happy with it, I decided to try a Maxxis 80/90-21 tube. I am Happy to report the dirt bike tube works just as well on the rear of the Bomber and the difference in thickness is incredible. This tube fits and works very well with he Schwalbe Crazy Bobs (24x2.35) tire.

stritzky said:
Ok thanks for that 1abv . Looking forward to seeing that picture.

Here ya go. ITs a bit dirty but you get the idea of the mount. Its a top mount not a side like your Gators..
26138687896_dab5c5a2b1.jpg

Rix said:
FL bomber said:
Rix out of the three 54xx which Suited your riding.I like the look of the TC4080 .. RIDE ON.

The 5404 is the best 54xx motor out there. Its still running on my Bomber, until the TC4080 gets laced up. I still get orders for the 5403 and 5404, but I usually talk customer out of them. If someone is going to go this big and heavy with a hub motor, the QS205 and Cromotors are better options. Right now for light weight, I think the TC30xxs are the best direct drive option i have seen but not cheap. If all around performance with minimal weight is the goal, the MXUS and TC40xx bridge the gap perfectly between the smaller H35, H40, TC30xx leaf, 9C...etc, and the Cromotor and QS205. The 54xx is a true work horse, but is in need of a major face lift if Crystalyte wants to compete with Greyborg.

Rick,
Thinkin on motors…. So Currently I have the stock Bomber motor.. 5403 I think correct? Would the Cromotor or the QS205 be better for climbing hills etc? Is there any downside to them? weight etc?

Thanks!

st35326 said:
Rix said:
Nevermind, go to your local MC shop and ask them for this size MC Inner Tube "80/90-21" with the longest valve stem they carry. This tube will fit our 24MTB Razorbacks perfectly. The only bitch is the valve stem is a little on the short side for the Bomber's deep well rims. So when the valve stem is fished through the rim hole, make sure the nut that comes with these tubes is removed. Then use that nut and thread back on the stem. This will hold the valve stem in place so you can air up the tire. I run a super heavy duty Maxxis 80/90-21 MC Tube on the front of my Bomber, its at least twice as thick as the heaviest 24" DH MTB Tube made by Duro No problems or flats.

Rick

Some of the best info on here. Thank Rix. After trying a slimed downhill tire and not being happy with it, I decided to try a Maxxis 80/90-21 tube. I am Happy to report the dirt bike tube works just as well on the rear of the Bomber and the difference in thickness is incredible. This tube fits and works very well with he Schwalbe Crazy Bobs (24x2.35) tire.
Got to be an old post. I think I discovered that back when I still have MTB wheel on the rear of my Bomber in 2012.

1abv said:
Rix said:
FL bomber said:

Rick,
Thinkin on motors…. So Currently I have the stock Bomber motor.. 5403 I think correct? Would the Cromotor or the QS205 be better for climbing hills etc? Is there any downside to them? weight etc?

Thanks!

Yes the cromootor and QS205 would be better by a margin for climbing, even if running the same wind as the stator is 7mm wider. But you really want to be king of the hill, get one of those motor with a 4T wind. You will loose about 6-7MPH top speed though.

DunkenKBliths said:
BUGGER !!!!

20,000kms (540cycles)

Cheers

I was told these batteries (B52) were good for at least 1000 cycles. Can anyone confirm what to expect before replacement is due.

Back