E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
1abv said:
ITS ALIVE!! VBOXX successfully rebuilt…

[AMERICA frock YEAH….. (slow jam version)….. The boy scouts around my area built a really nice bench and put up this flag on this tree…
Im going to update DLogics posting about rebuilding the VBoxx… Found something to make putting it back together way easier...

Sing the song right. AMERIKA FUQ YAH! COMING HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUQN DAY NOW AMERIKA FUQ YAH! LICK MY butt AND SUCK ON MY Balz. That's the version from this movie.

[youtube]U1mlCPMYtPk[/youtube]

OH MAN I GOT SPELL CHECKED!!!!!! frock??? what the hell is that????

Jimboyr6 said:
Tell me more about this easyer v-boxx repair ???

May be better in context but here goes...the trickiest thing about taking apart and putting together the vboxx is aligning the shifter rod, the gears and the shifting unit (the round jobber that has the shifter cables attached to it that connects to the vboxx via 3 screws.)… getting 2 of the three is easy but all three kinda a bitch. so here is the secret….if you attach the shifter unit (has to be in 1st gear) before aligning all of the shafts together you already have the square shank of the shifter rod in the correct position. booya. Ill show pics..

1abv said:
Rix said:
1abv said:
ITS ALIVE!! VBOXX successfully rebuilt…

[AMERICA frock YEAH….. (slow jam version)….. The boy scouts around my area built a really nice bench and put up this flag on this tree…
Im going to update DLogics posting about rebuilding the VBoxx… Found something to make putting it back together way easier...

Sing the song right. AMERIKA FUQ YAH! COMING HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUQN DAY NOW AMERIKA FUQ YAH! LICK MY butt AND SUCK ON MY Balz. That's the version from this movie.

OH MAN I GOT SPELL CHECKED!!!!!! frock??? what the hell is that????

Yah, you got to get creative with the spellings or it will get spell checked. I tend to poke fun at things and misspell intentionally, and by oversight. So on to the VBOXX, nice tip there about the tripple alignment hack. Dlogics' vids are a huge help no doubt. I have Bomber 143 and hadn't had any issues with the Boxx. I maybe swapping dad out with the Alpha and rebuilding the Bomber. Its been a great bike, and STILL on the original battery. In 5 months, the battery will be 5 years old.

Just goes to show if u look after the battery it will last,
When i got mine bomber 138 battery was frocked, only had 600m on it.

Jimboyr6 said:
Just goes to show if u look after the battery it will last,
When i got mine bomber 138 battery was frocked, only had 600m on it.

Yah, someone didn't maintain proper state of charge during storage. This muy importante,

I gifted my purple SB178 to my buddy Vic, and don't cha know-it the battery drops to 30% capacity on our first ride. We got 4 ah, 6 miles and kaput.

Please point us in the right direction for a replacement...... I'm guessing my man allexx is the go to guy for such things.
My buddy is on a budget, so no OEM stealth battery option will work.

Happy Turkey Day for the yanks, and happy regular day for the rest of you all :)
:eek:

one4torque said:
I gifted my purple SB178 to my buddy Vic, and don't cha know-it the battery drops to 30% capacity on our first ride. We got 4 ah, 6 miles and kaput.

Please point us in the right direction for a replacement...... I'm guessing my man allexx is the go to guy for such things.

Happy Turkey Day for the yanks, and happy regular day for the rest of you all :)

Jeff, sent you a PM but a new battery 21-24Ah is still quite expensive landing at 1200-1400USD

one4torque said:

I will bet allex could build a 21s 7P battery that would be directly plug-n-ride with the stock charger. But to maximize battery life, getting Grin Cycle Satiator charger for 3 hunny bucks would be an excellent investment.

Rix said:
Yah, someone didn't maintain proper state of charge during storage.
Rix, What state of charge have you been using during storage of that battery?

As my stock 2014 Fighter LiFePO4 battery got older, it would still go the same range, but I noticed it became less able to produce peak power output. Especially on longer bursts or repeat bursts. Not real bad, but noticeable. Interesting since is still produces as-new range of about 950 KWh (or whatever the units is).

After 2 years of Stealth withdrawal, I'm finally back on the wagon!
If you look at the rear spring and a swing arm, you will know exactly where it came from ;)

I can't believe how dialed in the rear end is, you can easily ride the berms with front wheel lifted between the dips and it's behaving like a dream.
The cockpit is little small compared to the Bomber, I'm hoping that Thomson off-set seat post will help with that a little.

Attachments

• 20161124_175948_1480034291506_resized.jpg
    20161124_175948_1480034291506_resized.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3,521
  • 20161124_174846_1480034290102_resized.jpg
    20161124_174846_1480034290102_resized.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3,434
Emmett said:
Rix said:
Yah, someone didn't maintain proper state of charge during storage.
Rix, What state of charge have you been using during storage of that battery?

As my stock 2014 Fighter LiFePO4 battery got older, it would still go the same range, but I noticed it became less able to produce peak power output. Especially on longer bursts or repeat bursts. Not real bad, but noticeable. Interesting since is still produces as-new range of about 950 KWh (or whatever the units is).

Before storing, I charged the battery full, then rode it for a short WOT ride and burned 250wh, and stored it. Then once each a month, I would top off the battery, and run it WOT and burn another 250wh of battery before putting it back. So basically top off the charge, and ride it WOT for 5 minutes once a month, and park it until the next month.

nevermnd said:
After 2 years of Stealth withdrawal, I'm finally back on the wagon!
If you look at the rear spring and a swing arm, you will know exactly where it came from ;)

I can't believe how dialed in the rear end is, you can easily ride the berms with front wheel lifted between the dips and it's behaving like a dream.
The cockpit is little small compared to the Bomber, I'm hoping that Thomson off-set seat post will help with that a little.

A night ride, thats awesome, so how is the weather down there? A night ride here would put you in the low 20s high teens right now. What kind of seat is that?

Rix said:
A night ride, thats awesome, so how is the weather down there? A night ride here would put you in the low 20s high teens right now. What kind of seat is that?

So far it's been in the low 50's or high 30's depending on the night, I'm used to riding at below 0F so this is very enjoyable.

The seat is the semi-famous Selle Royal Look In Athletic:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009O0D10I/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480089337&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=selle+royal+athletic

nevermnd said:
Rix said:

So far it's been in the low 50's or high 30's depending on the night, I'm used to riding at below 0F so this is very enjoyable.

The seat is the semi-famous Selle Royal Look In Athletic:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009O0D10I/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480089337&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=selle+royal+athletic

Will check out the seat. Glad the night riding is good for you. 0F riding takes a serious hit to the range of the batteries. Figure on 55-65% capacity when below freezing.

https://www.facebook.com/www.pulsesports.com.au/videos/1035860413206396/

Quick video of Bomber at a local ride park.

whitebomber said:
https://www.facebook.com/www.pulsesports.com.au/videos/1035860413206396/

Quick video of Bomber at a local ride park.

neat riding area, really like the wood board burms.

nevermnd said:
38F last night, the London Fog was coming in....

That is just plain awesome. Really neat in a "Legends of Sleepy Hollow" sort of way with the Fog. I am going to start riding nights this next year. Maybe like from 0230 to 630 and catch everything as the sun comes up. I feel a plan coming together.

31257208005_437c976ff3_c.jpg

31142868481_bbdcd95023_c.jpg

cali cali!!

[youtube]InKonNcCUQY[/youtube]

:wink:

Hi My charger shorted out today :? I pulled it apart and found a blown capacitor. has anybody seen this and fixed it? Could I possibly solder in a new capacitor or it there likely to be something else wrong? first I would need to know the specs on the capacitor so i can get a replacement?? if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Cheers.

gMK9yN0Ac3nIo-VzvE2Fu8VcLDsahS8NHMqvz5goBntYHwUDXMy8671063d8cj-tShXfikVtUNjtVtYIWhEM9IYUhIqjfElyB5FCHa_DP0mf3rgv5bcpaSpMuSccmGHdB8np-Ri1MWa4LUZCqaNatp3YArr3MRcMgeXLGJVaK1EOdG8mgt6wj8vA3q30zt55HyGJnTSN8xZ-5QG31mNirPqCcTpcNVrjVSVtCMlLW8is7dBV_m2ynR6FjGflLFYLvRId3U9OkAyfBLqd_ug_tA4ckjNPOYg-z5ABKP1yWn76syoyap8JVfxaZAxIbpbNm8ah89Bd3t4C4k7MWNvs-ZxBcBZ4LFryv7K7lyTycRL_dePOFQzLkDr5kDaSJPS6VciAObJmSbETUHe0NHzxRBi0KXfesjyat5gOWYFcGkl-KgG_7Cmo2McYuqzDdMOwF3GRC4xGSct5NMYcz7VeN0C6uAP4qMH_diIwmYqaBebnApB76anzyOcdIhikQFPtTP5qZz6uF5RFT-hnsscIedtGKHIh1_dcKznO4PwVnSZuPRdIlGEFtjubouOg1ZTE5SwdJNVyeZ1sHdfsPFoUBl0PRKohYHSF_srabLnV8y9OwL3bUMGEXQ=w540-h960-no-tmp.jpg

Just so it's not all boring stuff Here's a photo from my ride last night

-xcRQMugAMWyrCIg9XZ7AOyBApDrKLA5T7XzaFRtbTusnaENh0mbUaUDVe0QFyP62F4Qo2STwy1-7rKFckFugyPHFLZ7fgTcn9eu2emDj9qorP_g7swOjrqQHV21GZ7_sH0tpAOPY4o3KLSsEMJ95C-6rTCqyi7jjRk--cGcpC4GSGziTgMDwuTRMCIM3ALbq7gnXpJqoG7Mqa6UHFmuRgwm4bZtT1bRnHHPn3yFQl2b6de21iQE_--0bFaXYPgyDaoBHvZk5ruH1qTwlWxRtPvnmOcpnb8n7j0MF19AgCNK8mUy9frK-OBIHOIMelhR01AH7_-cBzyhga9Zhxj5JKO7MO4z9W-Lg1qufsJv_hQl_XQV8J0O_ZLg4hvA-pNUdqniLCsLHIwRAGoXRgNQZ5Ju5YWXKpyCu_Cpu2W64uAZUgrM58jHotM-hmZw-AWXMw3Ge2xsLhYUUt-aXjH0jFDpvhIInR4ePgSLQMBNVx-W1Ur8oDBHN_9LJVmJDqlq3PbeccT3lbCpnD0RKECw3Z8gYDfpWYtYjTE3hrvJY3RnAK1X1koWa8BdhktE_Kj8iCXjE1oE0TidmVJBYkG9engY6h71u6tdD4Gpp6l5MmNTbn03EBUT4A=w600-h800-no-tmp.jpg

Mr Lowbank said:
Hi My charger shorted out today :? I pulled it apart and found a blown capacitor. has anybody seen this and fixed it? Could I possibly solder in a new capacitor or it there likely to be something else wrong? first I would need to know the specs on the capacitor so i can get a replacement?? if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Cheers.

Mr LB, looks like you have an older charger however mine is labled as NTC 5D-25. Prehaps 5D-15 was under rated.....

Back