E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Theodore Voltaire said:
I have a ca3 and some of the windows are different from your DunkenKBliths. It don't see any thing that stands out.

I've never changed any of my settings, except tire size, and the new battery changes, so unless I say so, it came from the factory that way.

I have a screen that says,

Setup Speed lim
199 mph

Setup Power lim,
60 amp 4900w

Setup Calibration
1.39 mOhm

Setup throt in
0.00v wot

Setup throt out
0.49 - 3.99v

I don't know what this does but,

Setup Aux Pot
4.99v 99 amp

Thanks mate..

Just had a call back from Stealth support... the only thing they could at a quick glance see is should have 12 Poles not 5...
Also they don't use this model anymore... so cant renew it, if it has gone down the clacker !!!

They are going to do a full review when one of the older engineers is back in...

;)

DunkenKBliths said:
Thanks mate..

Just had a call back from Stealth support... the only thing they could at a quick glance see is should have 12 Poles not 5...
Also they don't use this model anymore... so cant renew it, if it has gone down the clacker !!!

They are going to do a full review when one of the older engineers is back in...

;)

I think if we had to,we could make a regular ca work. Just not inframe, but that wouldn't bothr me too much. They have a lot bigger screens.

DunkenKBliths said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I have a ca3 and some of the windows are different from your DunkenKBliths. It don't see any thing that stands out.

I've never changed any of my settings, except tire size, and the new battery changes, so unless I say so, it came from the factory that way.

I have a screen that says,

Setup Speed lim
199 mph

Setup Power lim,
60 amp 4900w

Setup Calibration
1.39 mOhm

Setup throt in
0.00v wot

Setup throt out
0.49 - 3.99v

I don't know what this does but,

Setup Aux Pot
4.99v 99 amp

Thanks mate..

;)

your pole count will throw stuff way off. change it to 12, the 5403 has 24 magnets so 12 poles are the correct count.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I wonder how it would have changed in the first place?

Ok cracked the issue... the Poles were wrong should be 12 and the shunt "Hi-Lo" setting had switched... from Lo to Hi...
all seems to be back to normal now...

The culprit is the key... it wasn't totally turning off the CA.. leaving it in a weird state (backlight on..no numbers)
...probably screwed with the CA brain...which switched altered a few of the settings..

I've changed the 2 settings as above and now seems to be back to normal...will check properly tommorrow as I do 35kms a day...and know what the readings should say...

the shunt went from 0.1333 ohms to 1.333 ohms screwing the Current reading...

;)

Will update my records and post for a "historic recording"

My poor chain is flabby after 10,000 miles. There's no way to adjust it properly, because half of it is stretched way out. I did measure it, and it's not 1/8". It measures 0.10", 3/32 is 0.09 so close enough. Of course being gold it cost twice as much. This was the cheapest 3/32, gold half link I could find. $21.70 eBay

HL-810-half-link.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
My poor chain is flabby after 10,000 miles. There's no way to adjust it properly, because half of it is stretched way out. I did measure it, and it's not 1/8". It measures 0.10", 3/32 is 0.09 so close enough. Of course being gold it cost twice as much. This was the cheapest 3/32, gold half link I could find. $21.70 eBay

HL-810-half-link.jpg

keep me posted how it goes...mines probably in need of a new one...as i am now on the last points of the axel adjustment bolts...
made mine last a bit longer though... 50k kms (31k miles)

DunkenKBliths said:
keep me posted how it goes...mines probably in need of a new one...as i am now on the last points of the axel adjustment bolts...

Sure I'll let you know how it goes, I'll let everyone know whether they like it or not LOL.

But 30,000 miles, damn. I'm dividing my time on 3 bikes, but all 3 doesn't add up to even 20,000 miles. I'm going to have to step up my game.

62.3 max speed is what my CA says. Why would my CA speed be wrong. Only changes I've done to my screen was change battery chemistry and voltage. With old pack top speed was 54 mph when bike was new. I'm running Duro Razorbacks. Weight of Rider 150.

FL bomber said:
62.3 max speed is what my CA says. Why would my CA speed be wrong. Only changes I've done to my screen was change battery chemistry and voltage. With old pack top speed was 54 mph when bike was new. I'm running Duro Razorbacks. Weight of Rider 150.

Check you wheel size calibration FL. It should be around 2055mm

FL bomber said:

Check your wheel diameter... simple idea... using chalk mark a line on the wheel and on the floor at the same point... roll the bike forward until the mark on the wheel touches the road again...measure between marks in millimeters...and enter that into your CA under

Capture.PNG

Nobbly wheels have a larger circumference...

DunkenKBliths said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

HL-810-half-link.jpg

Hi Dunken,

I have had this problem as well (although I am running a larger size chain and front chainwheel). I just took the chain to a bike shop in Adelaide and had them remove one link. 50k is impressive, I am at 30k with my bomber in 4 years, 900+ cycles with the original pack.

If anyone is interested in the chainwheel upgrades it’s detailed on page 444 of the forum.

White Knight said:
DunkenKBliths said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

HL-810-half-link.jpg

Hi Dunken,

I have had this problem as well (although I am running a larger size chain and front chainwheel). I just took the chain to a bike shop in Adelaide and had them remove one link. 50k is impressive, I am at 30k with my bomber in 4 years, 900+ cycles with the original pack.

If anyone is interested in the chainwheel upgrades it’s detailed on page 444 of the forum.

That chain looks good... Is Quiggly still around ? I got the bike from him originally... and the bike stand...he did a fantastic job...seemed to have dissapeared ...

I heard he had moved to the hills and was no longer in the game but that’s all I know. He did great work in his day that’s for sure. The chain is a shadow conspiracy (BMX brand) supreme.

White Knight said:
I heard he had moved to the hills and was no longer in the game but that’s all I know. He did great work in his day that’s for sure. The chain is a shadow conspiracy (BMX brand) supreme.

When you guys get that many miles on your chains it tells me you're world class cheaters lol. :roll:

WK, that looks like a stronger 1/8" chain which will interchange with a 3/32 chain, but not the other way around. I don't feel like I need a stronger chain, because I'm a world class cheater too. :)

Actually TV I use SPD pedals and get quite a workout, which is one of the reasons I love the bike. Like you I mainly ride street where I think the bomber is at its best. The adrenaline of the g forces gets me out there, but to make the loop home I need to work it.

With winter coming...

Need to organize my lights again... (and looking to be smarter rather than have separate charging)

Looking to run a couple of these off the main battery... instead of separate batteries...

they take 7.2-8.4v

Anyone got a pointer to stepping the Voltage down from the battery ?

Dunk

s-l1600.jpg

DunkenKBliths said:
Ok solution A

will give this a go !

$18 is cheap enough to check out !

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36V-48V-72V-eBike-Waterproof-Front-Light-Electric-Bicycle-Headlight-with-Horn/173698409565

There used to be a lot headlights that could handle up to 90v but all I'm seeing right now are 80v. Here's a 90v dc/dc converter you could use to power your lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Bicycle-Voltage-Converter-Regulator/dp/B00WFMXEWM/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=90v+ebike+dc%2Fdc+converter&qid=1551795456&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

This one's similar to mine, and that can run up to 90v

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vehemo-Headlamp-Motorcycle-Headlight-E-bike-12V-90V-LED-Moto-Headlight-Headlamp-Spot-Light-Waterproof-IP44/32897656166.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.150.7a9715d2KkDk7V&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10_10065_10130_10068_10890_10547_319_10546_317_10548_10545_10696_453_10084_454_10083_10618_10307_537_536_10902_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_59,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=3f8bfe30-3e66-4a99-b434-90bc168f86db-21&algo_pvid=3f8bfe30-3e66-4a99-b434-90bc168f86db&transAbTest=ae803_3

It finally warmed up enough that I could work in the garage. I can now confirm that the stock chain on a Bomber is a gold color 3/32 half link, with 94 rollers.

What would your opinion be about me setting my max amp limit at 65 amp instead of the 60 amp stock setting?

Do you think this would be bad for my bike?

I should mention that I tried it out for a few miles and I liked it, but I set it back, because I don't really know what the controller is rated for.

Back