E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
They are the older lithium Phosphate pouch cells 24s, 3.65V max per cell. I don't know what parallel they are in.

Good to know. Thanks.

So can we use one of those aftermarket cheaper 20s chargers? Excuse my ignorance when it comes to batteries. I have a lot to learn.

RhombusB52 said:
Rix said:
They are the older lithium Phosphate pouch cells 24s, 3.65V max per cell. I don't know what parallel they are in.

Good to know. Thanks.

So can we use one of those aftermarket cheaper 20s chargers? Excuse my ignorance when it comes to batteries. I have a lot to learn.

The 20s would work, but you would never fully charge a 24s Lifepo4 battery. a 21s charger would work, but it will overcharge the cells by 1.5 volts. This could be dangerous.

Rix said:
The 20s would work, but you would never fully charge a 24s Lifepo4 battery. a 21s charger would work, but it will overcharge the cells by 1.5 volts. This could be dangerous.

Here’s the charger I got with my bomber. Isn’t the 87.6V output used for 24s battery packs?

Adjustments.JPG

Cowardlyduck said:
I sold off all my chargers and only have a Satiator now. Got the 100V version. 5A is plenty, even for my Fighters 49Ah pack although it did take many hours to charge up from near empty.

Oh and btw, my Fighter was #66. 8)

Cheers

This is what I need to do also. I have over 10 chargers most are for my 60v toys.

RhombusB52 said:
Here’s the charger I got with my bomber. Isn’t the 87.6V output used for 24s battery packs?
LFP vendors used to spec over 3.6V per cell

May not be "dangerous" but certainly not conducive to optimizing lifespan.

3.45Vpc is much better, still gets to 100% SoC if you let CV hold until amps drop.

RhombusB52 said:
So can we use one of those aftermarket cheaper 20s chargers?
If designed for 4.2V (max for 3.6-3.7 LI chemistries, as opposed to 3.2V LFP)

*20S is 84V total.

84 ÷24S is 3.50Vpc

Yes that would be just fine, good for LFP longevity. If CV is held, will get within mAh of the capacity you get charging to a higher voltage.

Being bored at home due to the pandemic I had idea of taking the Dragy off of my car and putting it on the bike for some performance testing.
Dragy-Bike.jpg
I figured 100m (328 feet) is a decent equivalent to 1/8 or 1/4 mile testing for automobiles, so I customized my Dragy runs to capture: 0-30mph, 0-40mph and 100m times. Just for reference I am 205lbs and testing a stock Bomber will do high 4 to low 5 second 0-30 mph (depending on SOC and rider weight). The best time on the bike pictured below was achieved with with my highest controller setting tried that day of 150 battery amps and 300 phase amps, with flux weakening and boost mode turned off.Bomber.jpg

st35326 said:
Being bored at home due to the pandemic I had idea of taking the Dragy off of my car and putting it on the bike for some performance testing.
Dragy-Bike.jpg
I figured 100m (328 feet) is a decent equivalent to 1/8 or 1/4 mile testing for automobiles, so I customized my Dragy runs to capture: 0-30mph, 0-40mph and 100m times. Just for reference I am 205lbs and testing a stock Bomber will do high 4 to low 5 second 0-30 mph (depending on SOC and rider weight). The best time on the bike pictured below was achieved with with my highest controller setting tried that day of 150 battery amps and 300 phase amps, with flux weakening and boost mode turned off.Bomber.jpg

Those times seem good, but I don't understand anything else. 300 phase amps, what's that?

How many amps max did your ca show?

Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:
Dragy-Bike.jpg

Those times seem good, but I don't understand anything else. 300 phase amps, what's that?

Are they? I have no frame of reference because nobody seems to use such short distances for a performance metric :lol:
TV phase amps are like the cocaine of Ebikes. They are addictive and will surely be the reason for my packs early demise! :twisted:

Some good reading in this thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82510

Attachments

• 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 595
st35326 said:

I customized my Dragy runs to capture: 0-30mph, stock Bomber will do high 4 to low 5 second 0-30 mph

For comparison purposes this stock Sur Ron did 0-30 in 4.1 seconds with a skinny guy riding it, with 6.9 stock hp

After he changed the controller, and modified the bms he got 11.8 hp, and did 0-30 in 3.1 seconds

Another observation, it looks like having all those extra amps doesn't do that much for acceleration in your bikes case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBnf3s86ZxU

Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:

I customized my Dragy runs to capture: 0-30mph, stock Bomber will do high 4 to low 5 second 0-30 mph

For comparison purposes this stock Sur Ron did 0-30 in 4.1 seconds with a skinny guy riding it, with 6.9 stock hp

After he changed the controller, and modified the bms he got 11.8 hp, and did 0-30 in 3.1 seconds

Another observation, it looks like having all those extra amps doesn't do that much for acceleration in your bikes case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBnf3s86ZxU

Well since I have the testing data to prove it, I can absolutely confirm that more amps especially PHASE AMPS (up to saturation) = a faster accelerating Bomber #305. I have two Bombers in the garage right now and the modified one wins by about 15 bike lengths in 100m. Dragy runs were accomplished with a 2:1 phase to DC amp ratio which most would find conservative. I can always crank it up to 2.5 or 3:1 with the unlocked 72150 for a one off run.

The video you referenced is who I bought my Sur-Ron and BAC controller from. Mine will never be that quick as I am 205lb and 6ft tall (heavier and less aerodynamic). However TV, perhaps somebody with your figure would be able to hit 3.1 on my Bomber? BYOS (bring your own streamers).

Looks like we've got a little ways to go to catch up with ICE bikes though.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Motorcycle_Top_Speed__Acceleration_Preliminary_Results_537497_7.pdf

st35326 said:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Motorcycle_Top_Speed__Acceleration_Preliminary_Results_537497_7.pdf

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to denigrate your Bomber in any way. It's just a set of streamers away from perfection. :D

I do like the Sur Ron though, but I'm just not into going back to registration, and insurance, and all that mess.

My brakes are so worn out. I've never worn a set of hydraulic brakes out so badly before. These poor little MT2s are wasted. They don't leak, but they make a god awful noise, especially after they warm up. They seem to have a kind of stutter type of noise, but it's not caused by the rotors, or the pads, because I've replaced them both a couple of times. As soon as the pads seat the noise comes back. The harder I stop the louder they get. It's so damn loud now it brings my bike out of cloaking. I can't wait to fix this.

I'm thinking the pistons are loose, or the bores have gone oval. I have between 12,000, and 13,000 miles on them, so I can't really blame them for wearing out.

st35326 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:
Dragy-Bike.jpg

Are they? I have no frame of reference because nobody seems to use such short distances for a performance metric :lol:
TV phase amps are like the cocaine of Ebikes. They are addictive and will surely be the reason for my packs early demise! :twisted:

Some good reading in this thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82510

Impressive numbers there, I betting your Bomber is especially fun. :eek:

Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:
Dragy-Bike.jpg

Every electric setup has DC amps, that is what controller sucks from the battery And then what it puts to the motor is called Phase amps. (motor has three phases, green, yellow and blue cable)
More phase amps means more power to motor and thus better acceleration. When you program a controller you always setup your DC and phase amps. if we are talking about stock surron it has 90A DC and 450 phase A.

Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to denigrate your Bomber in any way. It's just a set of streamers away from perfection. :D

I do like the Sur Ron though, but I'm just not into going back to registration, and insurance, and all that mess.

For Sure :thumb: The Bomber still does 80% of all my around town joy riding for this very reason. Pedals are a factor.

Allex said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
st35326 said:
Dragy-Bike.jpg

Every electric setup has DC amps, that is what controller sucks from the battery And then what it puts to the motor is called Phase amps. (motor has three phases, green, yellow and blue cable)
More phase amps means more power to motor and thus better acceleration. When you program a controller you always setup your DC and phase amps. if we are talking about stock surron it has 90A DC and 450 phase A.

Wow, I didn't know the Phase to DC amp ratio was north of 4:1. but that makes sense as the phase wires on the SurRon are HUGE.

The front was easy to install, but I'll have to cut the line to install the rear, which I haven't done yet.

[img
XT-Shimano-f.jpg
][/img]

[img
XT-Shimano-f-caliper-b.jpg
][/img]

Back