• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

ebike project by biker-ouf

biker-ouf

1 mW
Hi,

I'm building my 3rd ebike,

so first I was a GM 1000w kit, I was disappointed..

my second: and spécialized rockooper with a 9c rh205B 6X10, 20s lipo 65A 18fet. It was good but 60kmH max and I want more fast..
a picture before sell it:

so the new:

the bike: decathlon FR6 150mm
motor: HS3540 with hallo rims
controller: lyen 12fet sensorless
batterie: 20S2P zippy 8000mah ( 74v-84v hot 16ah)

i'm waiting battery

pic the bike:

so I have question : I project to run with an HIgh speed lyen controller 18fet: so 30s: 111V 45a,
but the motor: HS3540 is able to run with this voltage without damage?
thanks

Damage? Check the simulator here http://ebikes.ca/simulator/
Might want to add a temp sensor running that many watts.
Some users have added hall sensors to these motors.
Have fun.

yes I do the simulator,

and the HS is better than x5303 at the simulator at 111V 45A

so the HS3540 is good for 2000w , and at 111v 45a it's more than 4000W and the voltage is very very high so i'm not sure to the real capacity...

4kw is starting to push the HS3540 in my opinion (if done for sustained riding, ie more than say 10 minutes WOT)>

I run 20S@40amps (ie 84v hot off the charger, @ 40amps on a 24 Fet Lyen), and my HS3540 is seeing mid 3kw most of the time as I ride WOT everywhere. I ride a 12km commute wide open throttle with it, and at the end of that it is very hot to the touch, and I can start to smell the windings (I haven't drilled my side covers), in my opinion if you want speed and the ability to throw that much power worry free at the motor you should look for a x5303 (or get in on the current x5403 buy that is going on). Don't get me wrong, the HS3540 will easily take 4kw, you just want to either drill the side covers or get a temp probe if you intend to ride it sustained like that.

Yeah im with philistine.

I also run a hs3540 on 18s 60/150 amps. It draws around 4000w up steep hills with no pedaling but on flat stays around 2000w.

I have cooling holes but at these settings the motor winding still hit 100c + and i can smell the windings. but then then we have had warm weather here latley.

Personally im going for the 5404 group buy as i dont think i can get much more from the HS3540 without killing it.

Simulator is good, but search around. the general opinion is the 53 and 54 series can take way more sustained power than the hs/ht's.

Good luck :)

ok thanks,

so if I want run at 30s 45amp it's possible but he heater a lot so I can't ride a long time.
and it's more reasonable to get a x5403 or X5303,

and it's to expensive the x5403 for the moment, so I will run at 20s 45Amp it will be very good..

and what is the difference betwen the X54** and x53** ?

The difference between the 54x and the 53x, is that the 54x is 1cm wider on the stator, so it has more power (it also means, however, that if you put a 54x on a 135mm frame, you can only fit a 1 or 3 speed freewheel, no more, because the wider motor takes up more space). Also, the 54x group buy is getting upgrades on the motor like fatter phase wires and upgraded halls etc..

But a 5303 or a 5304 will take waaaay more punishment than a HS35. The commute I mentioned that leaves my HS smelling and too hot to touch barely broke a sweat on my 5303. The only weak point in my 5303 (which is stock, stock phase wires and no drillholes), is the thickness of my phase wires, they can get a bit toasty but the motor has never been stressed by anything I have thrown at it. If you want to run 4kw continuously for more than a few minutes at a time, my advice is to go 53x or 54x. Just be aware that if you go x5303 (the speed wind) be aware that it rapes controllers, I ended up running a 24 Fet controller with my 5303 because I melted a 12 fet with it, and I blew up an 18Fet with it.

ok thanks,

so all my ebike is single speed,
with I power I don't need lot's of speed...

so in future i will take the x5403.. ( when my lipo dead.. )

_to day I receve my two charger turnigy 400W and 4 lipo 5s 8000mah ( I have 4 8000mah )

how many km( or miles) I do with 16ah in the real conditions ?

hi,

some news to my bike,

the lyen 12fet run at 74v (84v hot ) and .....

.... 68A :shock: :shock: :shock:

i don't konw how many time will be run, but now it's good..

[/quote][/quote]

Back