Electric Vehicles AFTER WWIII?

If the protection solution is so simple, why all the concern over using old electronics in warfare....why not just wrap the internals in aluminum foil or something. Hey, is that the root of the phrase "tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist"?

You need to be disconnected from any wire longer than 30 inches. The protection of the Faraday Cage is only useful if it has no outside connections. The idea we were discussing was to have a "backup" controller wrapped in insulation in a metal box. That's the easiest way to be sure you have a "spare" when you need it. (it's a $25 investment that would keep your electric vehicle alive)

This seems easy enough that it makes sense to do it... when the time is near... which is NOT yet the case...

Holy crap that was a long read.. :shock:

I know how to run a gargen, brew my own beer, and care for a horse.. Feeding a horse would be an issue........

A big prop hooked up to a belt, and then to the bike wheel using a regen controller would be cool..

hmm.. nothing worth nuking on the atlantic coast of canada i hope.

Heck, I haven't read the whole thread.
I don't believe in magic predictions from medieval psychics, nor predictions by "mediums" today.

What I fear and do expect:

-Limited nuclear engagement in the Middle East (we will spawn their nuke race by our impending small-scale nuke strike on Iran) will shut down oil production and exports pronto.

This will disrupt the USA's energy needs catastrophically.
In very short order, food production and delivery will be disrupted.
Instant, mass starvation in populous areas (say, for instance, most all of Florida.

There won't be any escape for most people here.
We'll hunker down in our indefensible homes, without power or gasoline or safe roads by which to escape (to where???).

Roving bands of armed looters will route unarmed people from homes by massacre.

At this point no one will be capable of walking a street and surviving if detected.

As the population starves or is shot or beaten or stabbed, the putrid stench of millions of bodies will befoul the bright, clean air.

As there are very few places to hide, and no way to farm without being detected by brigands (and destroyed for your mere existence), no farming will be possible for some time (years).

By the time that 99 percent of all of us are dead (within one year, I'll guess), then only the best urban murderers will remain. Not many women among them. No way to raise children very safely, not for years.

---
When the fuel and food disruptions occur, all governmental actions will instantly cease, and all will be on their own. Cops and Guardsmen will all go home to fend for their own.

---

The world, as I see it, won't go out with a bang, but with the proverbial whimper, "Please don't kill me".

And with a little more "luck", runaway global warming will melt Greenland, pollute the ocean with much fresh water, killing the existing currents. Europe will go into a new ice age.

I don't need no steenkin' batteries.
I need a deep and unknown bunker with at least twenty years food and power needs supplied, with photo murals for the walls, say of palm trees, sunny beaches, to remind my lost soul of the former horizons we see retreating today, already.

:cry:

That's because the USA lives by Just In Time inventory delivery, lives by on the edge of colapse medical care delivery, on the edge of collapse mass transit, and on the edge of collapse fiscal management by it's government.

Any decent American that cares about his country should be foaming at the mouth over the deficit and more importantly the DEBT racked up over the last 8 years(especially since it occurred in an environment of total power control of both legislative bodies and the executive).

No wonder Katrina and the lesser storms damage just before it still aren't cleaned up and fixed.

Back