EM3EV New Site Log in Problems?

Could someone with an EM3EV account log in and let me know if their account information is intact.

Please note I am SURE this is NOT anything to do with hacking. It's just something with their new site.

I've been trying to buy something all day and first I couldn't log in, then when I logged in all my account information was blank.

I get that I can ask them... and I can...and I did. But we are on opposite ends of the World and the time Zones make it really hard for me to communicate with them in a timely manner. I really need to get something ordered.

Thanks

Like most of new web sites, they suck. It seems if you don't use a smart phone they are all crap. No I could not get signed in.
Light color on color text is my first bitch.
If they are watching this, I hate it!

What do you need, many spares in the states you know.

Dan

Yep. Some days I miss the old days when websites were all HTML, fast and functional on all platforms. Web design is like any other modern design: It got more and more complicated with so many fancy features, while basic functionality is too often neglected.

Apologies for any issues there might be with the new site. Please understand the new site is running on a totally different software platform to the old site. It isn't possible to carry over the account details and everthung else, over to the new platform. We will discuss the possibility of creating user accounts from data that we can extract from the old site with our IT people, but I don't know if we can do that or not.

EM3ev Assistance said:
Apologies for any issues there might be with the new site. Please understand the new site is running on a totally different software platform to the old site. It isn't possible to carry over the account details and everthung else, over to the new platform. We will discuss the possibility of creating user accounts from data that we can extract from the old site with our IT people, but I don't know if we can do that or not.
You take a functional site and ruin it, why? We are not buying shoes, clothes or any fancy jewelry, just Ebike stuff.

We don't need all that new hard to follow stuff.

Dan

Thanks to all replies.

I'll give it another day or two and see what they come up with.

These parts are kind of specific because of the way they do their controller wiring.

DAND214 said:
EM3ev Assistance said:
You take a functional site and ruin it, why? We are not buying shoes, clothes or any fancy jewelry, just Ebike stuff.

We don't need all that new hard to follow stuff.

Dan

I really have to agree with this. I really thought the old site was pretty good. Aside from possible backend management issues we don't see, I'm not seeing anything on the new design that makes it "better".

It also gives an error for creating a new username. Is there a special format you need to make the username as?

I had the same problem when I first tried creating my account and ended up having Joseph making it for me. He also told me that it doesnt allow for numbers in the username which is very odd but my account is created. Hope that helps out a little.

Yep. To solve the bugs and transfer data from one database to another, are puzzles when you switch platform with a new website. The only good way to do it, is to beta test the new site extensively before closing the old one.

Hi Guys,

Our web developer has successful imported all the log-ins from the old site over to the new website. If you put in your email address and password it should work.

EM3ev Assistance said:
Hi Guys,

Our web developer has successful imported all the log-ins from the old site over to the new website. If you put in your email address and password it should work.

Sorry but its not letting me login so its not fixed yet

RLD70 said:
EM3ev Assistance said:
Hi Guys,

Sorry but its not letting me login so its not fixed yet

We have brought this to our web developer's attention. They will get back to us shortly. In your case there may be a conflict between having two accounts registered using the same email address after the old database was imported over.

I just wanted to give some general feedback on the new site:

The site looks nice has a good product layout but it feels unfinished and alot of the non-product data is still in "lorum ipsum" mode or unpopulated. News, Testomonials, Blog etc...

There are some broken images on this product page:
http://em3ev.com/product/3-speed-switch-for-em3ev-infineon-controller-or-ca3/ (after selecting the connector type)

After I've select a connector type, I can't seem to figure out how to see the main image (picture of the switch instead of the last connector I selected).

That's my two cents and a few minutes of testing. Best of luck; I can hardly wait to put my em3ev pack to good use this season!

Back