ENDUROEBIKE.COM

quadfather said:
im not going to be doing much commuting at all tbh. its 5 miles there, 5 back and on country roads. i even have the woods i can take on sunny days so i dont get muddy.

i have no problems resticting to 250w on the road. i dont want to get in any trouble. wet blanket or not lol. atleast with 250w and my 72v 20ah battery ill get some serious miles in a charge. can i use cycle analyst to restrict to 250w ?

i will be using this on weekends to mainly wheelie and kick dirt out in the woods, tracks.

they have said that it comes complete apart from cycle analyst and controller. i have asked if charger is included. but the translation is not brilliant. my question is, how will i charge this bike ? i presume there will be some kind of bms ? balance system ? or is this built in the controller ? i have no clue, but i presume i'm not going to have to balance each cell as thats a lot of wires. Any ideas ?

Roadrash ....... where are you ?? lol
You seem very naive about the rules and the consequences of what you are planning. Other people commenting have no idea of what it's like around London. I very much doubt that you'll get away with riding that bike off-road or otherwise. In case you don't know, it's just as illegal to use it off-road as on the road. I personally don't judge anybody on what they do. I don't have any problem with what you want to do and I only want to inform you so that you're aware of the regulations and the risks. There's a lot of clever things people do to minimise the risks when they bend the rules, but you can only bend the rules so far. I wish you luck.

d8veh said:
I very much doubt that you'll get away with riding that bike off-road or otherwise. In case you don't know, it's just as illegal to use it off-road as on the road.

that's not strictly true as depends where your using it offroad. :mrgreen:

gwhy! said:
d8veh said:
I very much doubt that you'll get away with riding that bike off-road or otherwise. In case you don't know, it's just as illegal to use it off-road as on the road.

that's not strictly true as depends where your using it offroad. :mrgreen:
That's right, but off-road use is limited to private land with the owner's permission, which more or less limits you to your garden, any of your relatives' farms, or tracks specifically for using off-road vehicles, like track days at your local motor-cross circuit, for which you have to pay. Riding through the local woods is not allowed, nor farm tracks without the owner's permission, which just about rules out anything OP was intending.

Around London, they use helicopters to catch guys riding unofficially off road on motorcycles. They won't hear that it's electric from the helicopter, so it'll be dealt with just the same as a motorcycle. Nobody would be able to convince them that OP's planned bike is a 250w electrically assisted pedal cycle. It doesn't look anything like one. If OP is very lucky, he'll get a section 59 notice, which tells him not to use it again, but most likely, it'll go to the crusher.

I've ridden a lot of powerful electric bikes that looked like bicycles, i.e a diamond frame and Rockshox forks . Nobody bothered me. My neighbours boy got a section 59 notice for riding a 200w electric scooter on the road because it didn't have pedals. That was within a week of getting it. He later got one of those "250" scooters that have useless pedals. He was stopped twice in the first month of owning it. Each time he showed them some sort of certificate that came with it, and they left him to ride it. There was no way they could know that it had been over-volted and amps increased too.

Well I've ordered the bike(s) !

As for using on public roads I WILL be making sure it is only 250w end of story and I feel confident that if anything was to happen I would be well within my rights to defend myself as I'm not a lawbreaker.

As for off road, I would only ramp it up and take in a place that I'm allowed. Had a kx125 and a cr250 back in the day so know plenty of places.

So my next question is I need the cycle analyst and speed controller. Where shall I order these from in the uk or do I have to order from Canada ?

The only speed controller I can find on there site is this http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/controllers/c7240-nc.html
Now I'm no ebike builder but I know electronics and 40a doesn't seem enough. What you guys think ? What's my alternatives as I believe this bike is wired for one of there controllers

quadfather said:
Well I've ordered the bike(s) !

That's a shame. This one for sale is ready-made and completely legal. I think Warrah did a great job:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/pagan-electric-bike-60mph-fully-road-legal.22286/

d8veh said:
That's a shame. This one for sale is ready-made and completely legal. I think Warrah did a great job:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/pagan-electric-bike-60mph-fully-road-legal.22286/

Im not after a registered road bike. i want an off road looking bike that can be used on the road at 250w when needed and when needed can be ramped up to 5000w off road. i dont want to insure it, mot it etc etc.

it looks nice tho. and just about within budget. but i think im happy with mine thats coming. like i say ill be doing videos the whole way through delivery and build. charging, usage, rides.

will post the links here.

so with the 18fet ill be able to draw up to 60a rather than 40. does it still have all the same connectors ? as i believe my bike already has a wiring harness for the C7240-NC.

what about the motor ? anyone got experience with this chinese 5000w motor ?

I don't know much about hubs (haven't even seen one firsthand), but it's probably fine. Stator width, copperfill, and material quality are the things that might get skimped on with cheaper motors, but if they say 5kw, it should be ok for ya. Maybe cheap vs best in that size class will heat up faster? Throw a temp probe in it and add some cooling if you want. Cowardlyduck has a thread on using fans that is informative imo.

The em3 18fet will do nice to get you +5kw. Mine is set @ 66a/160, and shows 71a max draw on 20s/83-75v pack. I've had it set higher, and the thing never more than warmed, although maybe it would for a heavier hub ride.
Anyway, yes, I think it's the best for the money at that power level, but just start checking on the other 5kw hub builds and see what they have.

You know about adappto max-e? That will get you mo power, integrated controls and bms . . . I considered it for my next build, but haven't decided- price aside, depends on power level and if you have/want ca++ and bms?

thanks for the advise pal.

ive seen that envolt system on other builds. very nice! although like i say mine is pre-wired for cycle analyst.

so how will the 72v battery charge on my build with the cycle analyst. will it have some kind of bms fitted ? how is a standard charger going to be able to individually balance cells ? or is this done through the controller / cycle analyst ?

Thankyou in advance

Pardon me, I forget/miss which battery you are thinking of besides lipo? Most can-cell packs have bms. You would add the bms on lipo too if you want. Yep, it acts like your rc charger to balance the whole pack on charge, and also protects from overdischarge. Pretty nice to have, especially in an enclosed frame imo. Otherwise people just bulkcharge lipo, and monitor/balance as needed, which isn't often, under the proper conditions. Same chargers can be used for naked bulk or bms I think.

Imo, it's likely you'll end up doing wiring at one point. I'd ask the controller seller directly about the plugs etc, but if you don't already have for the air-rc, imo it'd be a good idea to get a stripper, jst crimp tool, jst's, heatshrink, solder, flux, iron, minitorch, bullets/andersons/etc. Ebay and/or aliexpress has it all.
I don't think 'prewired for ca' would be an issue, it's probably just a plug end, and it's likely you'll be putting some connectors on any controller you buy except for the one endurobike mentions. Let's see, prewired could mean alot of things imo, I'm doubtful it is so much a harness per se when there is no controller, battery, or ca included?

You mentioned why you didn't want to buy battery/controller/etc from the seller?

ok, so the only way i can balance charge is making sure there is a bms on the battery.

This kit includes a 72v 20ah lifepo4 battery. not sure if it has a bms. This was 500 dollars on its own (less shipping / import duties)

also a 72V 6A charger . it is suitable for 110v -240v

if it is just a bulk charge like you say i would definately like to add a bms. not sure how that would work tho ? does it work with cycle analyst or alone ?

sorry for the noob questios. but i do know about li-po's / balance charging, etc. just want to know how it can be fitted if its not included

I don't do rc-air stuff, but I thought most of those quads,octos, and planes ran lipo. You are into that right?

The pictures and descriptions of their batteries appear to be the can cell type, not lipo. I'd be pretty certain it has bms in-pack and is plug/play. I assume you're getting the with 60a cont discharge?

They have 18 and 24fet (60-80a) controllers too, why not just get one of those so more of the wiring is matched up for certain? To use the ca for power limiting/temp rollback etc, the throttle, ebrake, switches (all instruments) will run into the ca, then the ca will tell the controller how to use the motor via the 6wire ca-controller connection.

Eitherway, you'll want to do some homework on batteries/ controllers/ ca to properly setup, care for, and fix later down the road. There's so much on the forum in the stickies, and the google and advanced searches work well.

Best, and keep asking questions!

Thanks,

they say its a lifepo4 battery ? im sure theres some kind of bms.

As for the motor controller im going to go for the 18 fet IRFB4110 Infineon Controller (Motor With Hall Sensors)

but how do i know if my motor has hall sensors or not ? if it doesnt does this become useless ?

im only asking as i have to order that seperately from the bike. just want to make sure its right.

thanks

i have the enduro frame and with the new model dnm usd8 tapered fork. the dnm usd8 tapered forks have twin brake caliper mount points also if dual front mtb kits brakes are ever released. on a heavy 50kg ebike that would be good. enduro frame has 56mm id headtube. leili ebike suply the high power kit with both front and rear 19" motorcycle heavy duty type rims and the 2.5" motorcycle tire rubber is much tougher than mtb tires for heavy ebikes and less harder to puncture with heavy hub motors.

also checkout the denzel gross xl ebike frame which is wider 160mm and has a large frame bag and 72v 40ah option.

ok so i have spoke to paul at em3ev and he says that they reccomend the cycle analyst 2.3 which they dont do anymore.

he has suggested to buy a cycle analyst v3, 18 FET IRFB4110 INFINEON CONTROLLER, throttle, 3 way switch and ebrake sensors.

i know the bike comes with throttle, 3 way switch and ebrake sensors but like paul says these parts are very cheap and it makes sense to order them so i know all is compatible.

What you think ??

hi guys, pretty new to the forum, from sunny scotland !
i have dealt with the factory and purchased many of my build parts from them

happy to answer any questions about the bike or my dealings with the company!

thanks

Yep, I think it's a good place to start for the cash. Any other potential enduro fans- check out alex 'denzel' bikes on aliexpress too. I dealt with him recently, and although I just got the frame and tires, good price, quality etc. Welcome new rider from Scotland!

Quad, I run the infineon naked with no ca control, you might have paul set it up to use the different presets and/or the 3spd for something else, but the initial settings (which I kept) where 50/75/100% speed. It's almost a necessity without power throttle via ca so you don't run into a tree @25mph in technical stuff with the standard speed sensitive throttle and high power :D

i have seen the Denzel bikes and I'm considering ordering one of the ' sparta ' carbon frames for a future build, awaiting information on stress tests etc as 4kg frame with such good looks seems too good to be true!

cfsmale said:
hi guys, pretty new to the forum, from sunny scotland !

i have one of these enduro e-bikes, bought from Jason through Alibaba, before his company website went live, and must say, they were very easy to deal with and the bike is an absolute animal! can't believe the power and the torque is amazing!

i went for the 72v lifepo4 5kw version, with 24 x 3 wheels front and rear, its basically just for a bit of fun off road!
i bought it fully assembled and had it flown to my local airport and just sorted out the customs clearance etc myself!

although i have only had the bike a week or so, so far the quality seems great! only time will tell i guess!

im not hugely experienced but feel its a great base to start from and learn what i can, i plan to upgrade bits and bobs as i go along and get it up to higher spec! but for the moment I'm very happy!

happy to answer any questions about the bike or my dealings with the company!

thanks

hey! thanks for joining on here. tell me more about the bike pal. i have a few questions. and you speak english, well scottish lol but still better than the 'chinglish' ive been dealing with.... haha

how assembled was the bike in the box ?

how does the battery charge ? does it balance charge ? or have a built in bms in the battery?

did yours come with a cycle analyst ? if so which version ?

what amp speed controller does it have and how many fet ?

what were the 3 switch settings pre-set to ?

police stopped you yet ? lol

the battery has a built in BMS so charging is straightforward through a charge port on top of the frame!

as for the police, highly unlikely ill get any hassle, i live in the far north east of scotland, in a small town with the the countryside on my doorstep, the bike will only be used on paths,trails and private land so its unlikely anyone will show any negative interest!

cfsmale said:
the bike was fully assembled apart from the front wheel, handlebars, seatpost and tyres required air! very well packaged ina wooden crate, this was because i requested Air cargo!

the battery has a built in BMS so charging is straightforward through a charge port on top of the frame!

yeah it comes with cycle analyst, its an older version ( v2.3) but stilll functions well and is fine for me at the moment as a noob! will possibly upgrade as i upgrade the bike in time!

the speed controller is an infenion 60A 18FET 4110

the 3 switch settings are 20% , 50% and 100% power, id have to double check the actual power outputs at each setting to confirm (ill do this soon and re post)

as for the police, highly unlikely ill get any hassle, i live in the far north east of scotland, in a small town with the the countryside on my doorstep, the bike will only be used on paths,trails and private land so its unlikely anyone will show any negative interest!

souds great! i went for sea freight as i ordered 2 bikes and its a lot cheaper. gonna take a while tho. thats the only downside.

is there any usb output on the device ? for charging phone etc ?

is there any connections to wire in some lights to the main batery ? or will i need a huge dc to dc step down converter ?

did you go for the 19" wheel version ?

u have any pics you can put up ?

thanks pal.

Back