Experimenting with infrared 250 watt lamp- infrared said to have medical benefits (faster healing)

Infrared penetrates deep into the body, nearly 2 inches!
I had this bulb in a box, made in 1962 by GE. We had several fixtures with 5 bulbs each that baby chicks would crowd under in the winter in NJ. I saved 2 bulbs. measures 260w at 122v. Way too much heat so i'm using a dimmer. 160-190w in NICE :bigthumb:
Can't wait for a really cold day to test. I don't know about faster healing, but it seems fantastic to warm up fast.
see Medcram for LED infrared videos.

good video. I often have trouble sleeping, so i'm going to use the lamp in place of my regular heater

Good Q :bigthumb:found this
"
The exact peak varies with filament temperature. The hotter it is, the shorter the peak wavelength. But in any case, the peak is always in the IR region"
since i'm using a dimmer, wavelength is longer and varies depending on power.
BUT, my #1 source is the early morning and late day sun :cool:

Last edited:
Got some colder temps here in FL, down in the 50's :eek:
my feet got cold, so i went for a quick warm up an inch from the bulb, power turned up :bigthumb:
a few seconds and before i knew it, my socks were SMOKING :eek:
WTF? i did not feel any excessive heat! WTF?
nearly set my socks on fire 👿

great info from an expert

check out this site. great info

I've been using lizard lamps and lights for 3 years now with great success. Seasonal affective disorder is now a thing of the past.

I use a light which is intended to do a 96% accurate representation of the sun's entire output, omitting the harmful UVC.

Here's my video on that:

as i recall, the panic over skin cancer from the sun was when the ozone layer had a big hole in it, and they said it let in too much UV.
then they banned R22 to fix it. not sure if that worked?

i put the heat lamp 3 feet above my kitchen table :bigthumb:
on a cold morning it gives instant heat, like being in the sun.
impressive as my kitchen/dining is unheated and about 63F. only 250w and the temp on the table goes to 80-86F :)

Infrared penetrates deep into the body, nearly 2 inches!
I had this bulb in a box, made in 1962 by GE. We had several fixtures with 5 bulbs each that baby chicks would crowd under in the winter in NJ. I saved 2 bulbs. measures 260w at 122v. Way too much heat so i'm using a dimmer. 160-190w in NICE :bigthumb:
Can't wait for a really cold day to test. I don't know about faster healing, but it seems fantastic to warm up fast.
see Medcram for LED infrared videos.

Healed myself. TDP lamp and SOTA pemf were key

Back