Farfle's Mk.5 Super badass outrunner

Ooh no! Sadly there is not a whole lot I know how to do to help. :cry: . .

Miles said:
https://www.emetor.com/blog/post/emetor-crossroads/ :(

one solution can be the release of a distribuited client like the Seti Project.

Everyone of us can keep the Emetor client instaled on his computer , when someone need a simulation the job is splitted in many small packets and sent to all the Emetor-client available online.

Simulation are very good routine that can be splitted in smaller parts and solved by different computer across the world.

Distribuited computing already worked well for many project so if Emetor's people cannot find another solution I think this can be a viable option.

bearing said:
I didn't know about an airgap meshing change. But sims that used to run, doesn't anymore, so that makes sense.
Try again now...... https://www.emetor.com/blog/post/release-2013-12-16-faster-load-simulations-certain-machines-negative-magnetic-periodicity/ My loaded 24t 20p sims now run again, and in about a quarter of the time/cost. :D

Edit: For 24t 22p design, the simulation still fails.

Miles said:
For 24t 22p design, the simulation still fails.

I have slightly modified the Emetor solver, so there is a chance that your 24t 22p design might run now.

BTW: 24t 22p is a rather promising pole-slot combination with a higher winding factor than the 24t 20p design.

emetor said:
BTW: 24t 22p is a rather promising pole-slot combination with a higher winding factor than the 24t 20p design.
It made for an interesting comparison... The only downside to 24t 22p is the single winding symmetry - without allowing for that, torque ripple seems to be substantially less for 22p.....

SO, I am taking this in a new direction. Building an entirely new racebike is not going to happen with the funds I have available, So I will be refitting Mk.4 with a new battery, stator and magnet ring and calling it Mk 4.5

Now, down to business. Emetor is running with other teeth/magnet combinations now so I ran up some new configurations, and found one I like! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is where I am at now: Compared to Mk.5's motor, The new motor for mk 4.5 has a 175mm airgap as opposed to 270mm. and the stator is only designed for 420/660 phase amps instead of 840-1320A (Because mk 4.5 does not need 150Hp) :twisted: :twisted:.

I attached the .pdf and the setup .txt file.

Attachments

• 200v2.zip
    385.2 KB · Views: 49
Its quite a bit lighter than it was though :lol: . That 16kg number is really appealing.

Back