FerroFluid

steveo

100 kW
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking of trying some of the famous ferrofluid that Justin from ebikes.ca has brought to our attention.

I just wanted to reach out to anyone out there that is using it currently, and how its worked for them.

I'm thinking of adding a 30ml bottle to my Hubmonster bike.. but i want to be absolutely sure its worth it..

and would love to hear before and after results

thanks
-steveo

SamD experimented with some homemade stuff using magnetic toner and a carrier oil (Peanut I think he used). He hasn't reported back his findings AFAIK.

thanks for your info

is Statorade - sold on ebikes.ca and ferrofluid the exact same thing just a different name for selling?

probably is... i just want to confirm

thanks
-steveo

steveo said:
thanks for your info

is Statorade - sold on ebikes.ca and ferrofluid the exact same thing just a different name for selling?

thanks
-steveo

Yep. It can be made with low temp base oils or high temp oils, oils that absorb water and oils that dont.

Justins is a high temp oil base that doesn't absorb water.

I made a video with before and after motor dyno results.

thanks luke, i'll check it out..

i think its posted here.. can't view it at work.. gahh

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=66489&p=1111601&hilit=+ferro#p1111601

liveforphysics said:
steveo said:
thanks for your info

thanks
-steveo

Yep. It can be made with low temp base oils or high temp oils, oils that absorb water and oils that dont.

Justins is a high temp oil base that doesn't absorb water.

I made a video with before and after motor dyno results.

steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking of trying some of the famous ferrofluid that Justin from ebikes.ca has brought to our attention.

I just wanted to reach out to anyone out there that is using it currently, and how its worked for them.

I'm thinking of adding a 30ml bottle to my Hubmonster bike.. but i want to be absolutely sure its worth it..

and would love to hear before and after results

thanks
-steveo

Put some into my mxus couple of weeks ago and it stays about 20-30°C cooler in general on my runs.
30ml sounds like a lot i'm currently using about 6-7ml.
if you go with a ferrofluid that i's not statorade be aware of the flash point. like ferrotechs EFH1 have a flash point of 92°C

Back