Fired because of Coronavirus

nicobie said:
Frogslayer wrote: ↑
How can you blame Trump for this?

I've always thought that an intelligence test should be required and passed before being allowed to vote.

Funny thing is
Many intelligent people did vote for trump.

markz said:
Funny thing is

Funny thing is the only organized opposition to Trump was the standup comics on late night television. They were afraid of the job loss from Jay Leno, David Letterman, etc. making threatened comebacks if he won.

And they used to have literacy tests to vote. They thought the blacks couldn't pass it, then they had to keep raising the score. You must be disappointed when I say we'll never have those again.

Dauntless said:
markz said:
Funny thing is

Funny thing is the only organized opposition to Trump was the standup comics on late night television. They were afraid of the job loss from Jay Leno, David Letterman, etc. making threatened comebacks if he won.

And they used to have literacy tests to vote. They thought the blacks couldn't pass it, then they had to keep raising the score. You must be disappointed when I say we'll never have those again.

As long as we can get more native peoples voting, atleast in Canada eh.

My county came very close to doubling the case count again in the last 24hrs.

NYC is at about every 3 days.

john61ct said:

FF, NH, or other? If I may. (My great aunt lives in Meriden.)

HK12K said:
john61ct said:

FF, NH, or other? If I may. (My great aunt lives in Meriden.)

Quarantine is the best measures, for people at risk. And quarantine for a month or two atleast!

By all medical standards 14 days of quarantine is long enough. But then the newly released can go into public and become a risk all over again.

A followup on the exponential math behind "flattening the curve"
https://www.wired.com/story/the-promising-math-behind-flattening-the-curve

Previously: https://www.wired.com/story/how-fast-does-a-virus-spread

A solution for protecting citizens and Main St economics, from Denmark

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/608629

As the economy sinks and the gov't spending increases and eats into GDP. 1M seek ei/unemp in canada in last week, 32M is our population. govt cant handle phone lines bc complicated forms to fill out.

Our death rate per case #s is lower, because our testing is so weak, only a tiny fraction of actual case #s at any given time are showing up in the official stats.

Our deaths per total population is much lower, because we are at a much earlier stage as a country.

Where NYC is now so will our other cities be soon, without much better gov resources put into test / track / trace / isolation strategies

not likely 8-(

And 80% of US population is urban.

More testing is required, if the USA makes up 330M, they will need 1B tests that are free for essential workers and free for people that meet the criteria, whether it be 15 days after quaratine, nurses, doctors, old age home workers, restaurant workers, vets, cashiers and so on, or any one with a fever, or hard of breather, old age home residence, group homes, condo residences, apartment building residences. Anyone and everyone.

I heard on Joe Rogan that he got tested. Hows that so? $$$$$ or what???

Yes testing is of course available anywhere in the world for those with the money to work the system.

Whole sports teams, even back in February.

john61ct said:
Yes testing is of course available anywhere in the world for those with the money to work the system.

Whole sports teams, even back in February.

Just hit up the emergency department, saying had a fever and chills last night for 8 hrs, coughing a lot.

You will be tested!

If they say why did you not quaratine yourself for 14 days, say well I had a fever and chills which just wouldnt go away until an hour or two ago. Then they will test you, but they will say quarantine yourself for 14 days, meanwhile the test will take 3 weeks to be completed. The testing machines that Gov't of Canada bought, takes 4 hrs to complete test, then next phase will take 1 hr when they ramp up. It will show if you have the antibodies.

Oops, the fool trolls are gonna whine that I posted this. GOOD!

So the Amazon delivery, the wine delivery, the meat packers, all essential. But congress is nonessential so they stay home. But they're getting paid. To sit at home and eat their $24,000 ice cream.

[youtube]EUmXHnN3Ia8[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
So the Amazon delivery, the wine delivery, the meat packers, all essential. But congress is nonessential so they stay home. But they're getting paid. To sit at home and eat their $24,000 ice cream.

I know, thats absolutely bonkers isnt it.
There was an outbreak (~400+)at the meat packers, Cargill, which supplies 50% of Canada. Mostly newcomers and immigrants work there so the safety isnt good, probably zero ppe supplied.
In the news today, an 1 infected at the Amazon warehouse up by the airport, 600k sqft. warehouse. Provided "masks" so surgical probably.
Infected 7eleven employees has the one store closed for 2 weeks to clean it all. The others probably follow suit. I noticed the gas was closed, but didnt notice the windows blackened until today.

markz said:
There was an outbreak (~400+)at the meat packers, Cargill, which supplies 50% of Canada. Mostly newcomers and immigrants work there so the safety isnt good, probably zero ppe supplied.

And trump is forcing them to work. Nothing like sending someone to their death.

If he can force them to work in unsafe conditions, he should at least have the decency to provide PPE. I see he and Pence aren't lacking for virus testing.

the globalists took over the slaughter/meat packers in Canada and then the Canadian government sent the refugees to work in the plants. I think that's what mark was getting at. cheap labour for max profits.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unemployment-coronavirus-job-search-60-minutes-2020-05-03/

At the '60 Minutes' website, you can read and/or you can watch the segments of the show. And of course you can troll it and babble about 'Propaganda' as some will do WITHOUT reading or watching. But this one will clarify for you more than surprise you.

that's pretty much why those counties in California are defying the governor and opening back up, multiple stories of it. bikers roll into boston tomorrow. most of Canada is getting ready to open back up and one of our provinces no longer have any cases.

Yeah, and rich trolls like George Dubya Bush join with our resident trolls (Trollobie, Bill, the Self Gratification Troll, etc.) in trashing these helpless victims with families who only want a fighting chance. One of the other stories tonight included the small family farmers that are committing suicide as their farm business collapses. But the trolls don't care about them.

Warren Buffet, another painfully safe rich guy, blabbers about 'America will come back.' We already know that. No matter how many individuals are lost, no matter what happens to their families, there'll be SOMEBODY who makes it back. I don't go for this turning backs on those desperate people who are protesting being thrown over the cliff, no matter how much the trolls are enjoying their suffering.

Back