Fixing a wire-feed welder

This one's got spatter from the wire welding to it *inside* the barrel; I can feel it in there as I pass a bit of wire thru it, farther down than I can see into it from either end.

I am also looking for my tiny drill bits, so I can hand-drill it out with that if I cant' find my other tips.

I have some really small pointy files that will work for cleaning out some holes, but again, dunno where they are right now, lke most of my stuff after the city-ordered cleanup. (before that, I was beginning to really make progress cleaning the inside of the house up and organizing all my stuff, after having gotten my crazy sister out of here, with her piles of stuff, but all that is messed up by the emergency cleanup moving so much stuff inside that had been able to be stored outside before. Gonna be a long while before I get organized, now).

AW;
If you have any kind of cutting or grinding compound, maybe you can just clamp a short length of wire in your hand drill and "hone" the inside of the rough spot? For wood, I often make a drill bit out of a nail, if I am too lazy to go looking for the right sized bit.

Back