foundingpower programmable bms

Today I received a LY.UCS-BMS 4-24S. I ordered it on 22/10/2012, they sent it 3 days later which is what they said they would do and it only took 5 days to get here in Brisbane.
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

They forgot to send the software so I have sent off an email for it.

Attachments

• DSCN1476.JPG
    DSCN1476.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCN1477.JPG
    DSCN1477.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCN1478.JPG
    DSCN1478.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCN1479.JPG
    DSCN1479.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCN1480.JPG
    DSCN1480.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 1,561
  • DSCN1481.JPG
    DSCN1481.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,561
so I have been trying to follow this thread , but it seemed like the info was slow to come thru.

Is it possible to order and buy this BMS now ? I had the idea that it was only out in beta or something.

I decided to fiddle with my BMS. I dont have full pack yet, missing 6 cells so i connected 18S. The thing lit up, but it shows wrong voltage. I wander if the error is related to the fact that 6 cells are missing:
IMAG0934.jpg

Here is LCD module i received with this BMS last year:
IMAG0933.jpg

I wander if there is a way to reprogram LCD not to show Chinese?

looks good!
does somebody know if individual cell voltages are written through the serial interface, or just the total voltage?

Yes, all the parameters you see in the windows program (see the previous posts) are sent to the serial port.

They sent me this picture and an animated gif of their new display with speed (in testing):

1108162750.gif

Attachments

• 2012-11-08 11.55.00.108_s.jpg
    2012-11-08 11.55.00.108_s.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3,079
Yes, it will work with 20 cells. I don't remember what is the minimum but I think that it is less than 12.

I had some news from the manufacturer, the newest BMS will display the cell voltages on the OLED screen by pressing a button.
It should be available in the end of november or beginning of december.

Yes this is correct Eason sent me this animated gif showing the button in operation:

1352801733.gif

Here are the functions:
1st page - SOC total voltage,real-time current,temperature and alarm info.
2nd and 3rd pages shows voltage of each cells
4th press turns off the OLED
I think he himself soon will be able to update on the forums

romelec said:
Yes, it will work with 20 cells. I don't remember what is the minimum but I think that it is less than 12.

I had some news from the manufacturer, the newest BMS will display the cell voltages on the OLED screen by pressing a button.
It should be available in the end of november or beginning of december.

Hi,I am Eason.
BMS will work with 4-24 cells.
At least 4S.

FoundingPower said:
cassschr1 said:
Will the chinese letters in the display be removeable or just not there?
There is no Chinese letters on current LCD/OLED.

nice work FoundingPower.

I do like this BMS and it's function.

I was looking at the site today and it still does not seem easy to get current prices and order what I want,
but it seems like your slowly getting there.

keep up the good work. having agniusm backup the function of this bms goes a long way

Hi All
I have just connected my founding power BMS and had an alarm going off and also showing the wrong voltage

http://youtu.be/Y_i3AH6Xo9A

After getting the software to work and setting that I have an 18s config the alarm has slowed down and the voltage is correct (I Hope)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o54Qe3Vz5w

Can anyone help me with what other parameters I should set and may be this will stop the alarm!!!!!!

Battery is 18s A123

View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1
4.jpg

Thanks

I think you have to have to charge the battery and setup the battery capacity (set the design and current capacity to the same value), then perform a full discharge/charge cycle.

Mark, looks like you have not changed parameters. CHG limit i would set to 3550mV; DCHG 2200mV; CHG_recover 3450mV; DCHG_recover 2300mV; Over_VOL 3650mV; Under_VOL 2000mV
Design capacity 19400mAH;

Back