FVT ESC Issue - New dual motor build - Benchwheel motors

Brooklyn

1 µW
Hi guys, I retrofitted a bench wheel board with 2 FVT 120A ESC's, Miniwiiceiver, and a 9000mAH LiPo battery. It runs fine, but has one annoying issue.

When riding around, after 5-10 minutes it will shut down, ubruptly brake the motors(and throw you running off the board), and the ESCs will go BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP...on and on. Are they overheating? Loose connection? I disabled the low voltage failsafe. The fans are running fine and the ESCs feel barely even warm.

My ESC settings are:

Motor Timing: Low
Initial Acceleration: Low
Running Mode: Forward w/o reverse
Percentage Braking: 20%
Percentage Drag Brake: 20%
Cut Off Voltage: No protection
Throttle Limit: 80%
Throttle % Reverse 20%
Motor Rotation: Reverse
Neutral Range: 3%

Any help would be appreciated, right now I can't use it to ride around with fear of it throwing me off the board again randomly.

Attachments

• IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,139
I narrowed the issue to the receiver failsafe on the FVT ESCS. If the mini wiiceiver gets temporarily disconnected from the FVT, the FVT goes into failsafe mode and brakes the motors. I need to find updated FVT firmware with the failsafe set to just cut power to the motors and let them glide to a stop.

To help with the issue, I did bend the receiver connection pins a little bit to hold tighter to the connector. I also resoldered the connections and removed the programming button on the receiver, as if this is pressed while running it causes the same issue.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,075
The wiiceiver will give you a lot of issues if you are using it around cell towers, I stop using it because it was accelerating full throttle by it self , better get a 2.4ghz remote for safety

Back