gas price thread

I am where the state highway 77 crosses the Interstate federal I-70 in Kansas.

Last week there was a daily drop of a cent or two every day. I had no idea when it would end. Every couple of days I'd get more gas (even just a little) just to have a receipt with the price per gallon and the date. Unleaded got down to $1.16/gal...and a few days ago China announced that crude oil is so cheap, they are shutting down a huge swath of their oil fields, which immediately affected the global oil refinery output supply auction markets. So now its $1.33

One week later, popped up to $1.59/gal

regular is 1.40-something... premium (what I need) is 1.55.

The (Ed: US) national average for gasoline prices at the pump is poised to shoot past $2, as fuel demand hits levels never before seen at this time of year. The mean price for a gallon of regular gasoline now stands at $1.983, and has climbed for 25 out of the past 27 days, for a total of $0.28/gallon, according to AAA. Despite the rise in costs, pump prices are still about $0.45/gallon cheaper than a year ago, on average, and are at their lowest levels for late March since 2009.

The fingers said:
Regular $2.68, supreme $2.88 per gallon; a one day 23 cent jump. :evil:
Actually, I found out last night that the price was a mistake, but they had to charge that amount for several hours until the mistake could be remedied. Regular now $2.49, supreme 2.69; the real normal price returned. :?

sendler2112 said:
Why? Gas is cheaper than dirt in the US. It is 1/2 to 1/4 the price of most other countries.
That's a good question. I bet it doesn't have much to do with their cost of production either.

Back