Golden Motors?? Feedback please

Seya

10 W
I'm considering puting a Golden Motors 250w mini rear hub on my MTB as a pedal assist. Im not expecting a lot of power but i do want reliability. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about this company and their products? I'm also searching for a reliable controller for 250w motor using 36v 10 ah lifepo4 battery.

Any input would be much appreciated

They sell a good product, not familiar with the 250W motors, but lots of people have been happy with their hub motors in general.

There are local suppliers too so you don't have to order directly from China.

Never buy direct from golden motors in China. They are truly awful on service.

i don't have any knowledge about the little geared motors nor have i seen anyone use them.. cell_man geared kits, bafang, and ebikekit/ampedbikes geared motors seem to be more used..

Saamilapp said:
I'm considering puting a Golden Motors 250w mini rear hub on my MTB as a pedal assist. Im not expecting a lot of power but i do want reliability. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about this company and their products? I'm also searching for a reliable controller for 250w motor using 36v 10 ah lifepo4 battery.

Any input would be much appreciated

No reason to buy a 250W mini from GM when you can get a 350W MXUS kit from Cell_man or a Cute Q100 kit from BMS Battery for $230-$240 shipped. These are kits with everything but the battery. The Cute will accept an 8 or 9-speed freewheel, saving you money if your MTB is a 24 or a 27 speed.

The GM mini's are either made by MXUS or they are 8 Fun's[Bafang] depending on which web site you are looking at. I think they are actually 8 fun's.
Whichever you decide on, go with a 350W unit. Later, you will be glad you did.

Back