Greentime controllers

€ 19,51 | GREENTIME 36V/48V 500W/600W 30Amax BLDC Brushless Motor Controller Electric Bike Tricycle Dual Mode Sensor/Sensorless Controller
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKmJLQc

Can someone tell me about the regen efficiency of this controller? I had a 15Fet GT controller and the regen efficiency was dismal. A lotta heat created in the motor yet hardly any amp going back (or nowhere near as it should based on the stopping power). By the look of it it wasnt better than 40%. Is this the same crap or it does have a better efficiency? (Maybe the 48v is of some benefit in this regard relative to the 72v).

I'd appreciate if someone could give a review.

memy said:
The greentime Experience.
Bought the GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45Amax on the 19/3/19 USD 42.76
Arrived down under on the 3/4/19
Comments on order
Hi Leo, Could you please have regen strength set to high and also a hard start with no delay on the throttle? thanks
Leo asked what battery voltage I was running (60Volts) and said he would adjust the LVC to 50 volts so regen would work.

Wired it up to my "500W" GM HB36 on 6/4/19 and tested 7/4.
Battery was over half flat when I took it for a ride. Battery quickly saged to 53 volts from 57V and I rode up the hill I live on.
Turned around got some speed up and hit the low brake, happy days -350Watt of regen back to the Battery down the pretty steep hill. Slowed me down to a crawl. Yay. :)
Charged up battery to 64 volts took it for a ride, no regen. Unhappy days :cry:
Rode around and went through about 6 amp hours which got me to the magic number of 58.5 volts where regen was back.

Obversely the controller is set up for 48V. Tested with a 12 cell pack and yes controller still works at 43 volts.
Contacted Leo 7/4/19. No response.
It would appear here ends customer service, he has been super quick to reply before now.

The only way to have regen at 72 volt is if you can switch the lvc on the fly. Say at 84 volts fully charged you set it to around 55 then regen will only start at 76 volts. So you have to make a switch for the lvc settings. Say fully charged you switch the 72v tab and when you start to deplete you switch to the 64 volt tab. You can use an exclusionary switch like a blinker switch.

Asking for strong regen was extremely foolish. I made the same mistake also. It can burn your motor very easily. Wasnt it suspicious that a meager 340 watts stopped the bike so swiftly? Such a stopping force should have yielded over 1k watts. That means that the windings were heated instead of amps going back. What you want is the lowest regen settings actually or there about. I dont know where the sweetpoint is where it regens the most amount without losing efficiency. Someone maybe could enlighten me cause I dont really know. All i know is that the strong regen is a piece of crap extremely inefficient. Maybe the default regen is good already??

markz said:
L-Brake needs a certain motor rpm for it to kick in strong.
The faster you go the stronger the L-Brake kicks in.
With 330lbs on a steep 20% grade short hill 75-100' its surprisingly strong braking. However I still needed to use a bit of brake. Longer hills and still steep but not too steep, works a charm. Will save lots of money on C$16 brake pads.

Can you tell more about the regen? Is it efficient? Do you have a motor temperature sensor? Doesnt the motor temp surge too much when regening?

I'm reading through this thread with pretty long I was looking for a 48v - 72 volt controller for 65amp or so. It also should have a C.A. plug. Or is it the leaf controller has can be order with C.A. plug ?

Some will others wont, pretty specific unique item the c.a.
Have you emailed them?

999zip999 said:
I'm reading through this thread with pretty long I was looking for a 48v - 72 volt controller for 65amp or do. It also have a C.A. plug. Or is it the leaf controller has can be order with C.A. plug ?

are older & better quality Greentime controllers still available somewhere? any other chinese brand that is available now produce a worthy controller?

How much older are you talking about?
Are the older Greentime controllers really bettery quality?
When you say chinese, do you mean cheap because china makes the highest quality and low quality.
What specifically are you looking for? Sinewave, FOC, regen, CA plug, square trapezoidal waveform, whats that other term I always forget where it boosts your top speed I literally always forget the term because I have always used cheap controllers sold on ebay that may or may not happen to come from china.

oded said:
are older & better quality Greentime controllers still available somewhere? any other chinese brand that is available now produce a worthy controller?

I want this controller 72 V 60 amps I would like to the ask guy for bigger phases wires and for the C.A. hookup. What is the best contact for greentime.
Does anybody have a good link for Lou or is it Leo?

Back