Has anyone played with "BLOCK TIME" on Infineon Controllers?

Your software worked, Thanks! although the problem still persists, every now and then the controller just dumps power into the motor... For now I think I'll need to try XPA... If it will give me values under the minimum 14A of rated current, a value for Phase current between 30 and 35 (unavailable in the standard software).

I think I'll need one of your throttle tamers! Can beta test?

I did not read this thread - it just happened to be at the top.

FYI: On our high power controllers we had Block Time set to 1 second (default) and they were blowing up on the bench with the slightest miss-wiring. These were 24 fet 4110. We now set it to 0S and we have not seen any blow-ups. Even with no overshoot allowed we make enough torque down low to twist a Cro axle - even with torque arms on both sides.

My advice - if you are running high power set that ish to 0 seconds. It is just an instantaneous short circuit on your system that is not super helpful. I can see where it would be rad with a 20A controller with 30mOhm fets tho...

-methods

Yep old thread, I know but I need a little better understanding on how my Infineon controller limits speed...please.

An example...my top speed on level ground is 25 mph with my current set up. If I put 80% in the "Speed 1 %" entry...does the controller limit my speed by limiting the voltage to the motor to 80% of what it sees coming from my battery and thereby give me a 20 mph speed limit?

I am running a 3 position switch and want to be able to change the max speed for my bike in case I get stopped by the police so I can tell them...here try it, it will only go 20 mph on the motor.

Any help understanding exactly how the controller controls speed would be appreciated since everything is in "%", I am a little lost.

Thank You

Back