Headway battery problems

what i did so far is i grouped them into 4p at a time for the time being but the voltages are 3.31-3.34 and they wont go any higher basically the charger would turn on then turn green after a minute or 2 also right before i made this thread they were charged up i forgot to mention that and so far they are holding charge for some reason even though this is like the 5th or 6th time i charged them these batteries are weird cause some of them were still dead after all those charges and some wouldn't even hold their voltages ! i assume that if i discharge them they will drop like rocks to 2v real fast.

next thing im going to do it tie them all together to make a big parallel pack but somehow idk if my charge will even charge them i think it gonna turn off in like 2 minutes like it just did .

anyone with headways revived their batteries with good results?

your single cell charger may not be putting out current above 3.3V, you can put an ammeter, the 10A scale on your DVM, to measure the current going into the 4p cells you tie together. the general idea is to charge them all up to the same point and then watch the voltages of all the cells to see which lose their charge fastest, then pick from the remaining ones that lose charge more slowly to make up your new pack.

my charger usually stop the voltage at 3.67 but since i paralleled they dont get as high idk what it is. Where do i put the probes at both on negative ?

you need to post up a picture since it is really confusing now.

i thought you were making 4P groups and charging.

then you said the cells do not drain down as they once did.

you said the charger light turned green as though it was charged but still was at 3.3V.

i recommended that you establish if the charger is still putting out current to these 4P groups.

to measure the current flowing out of the charger, use the 10A scale on your DVM which means you plug the probes into the spot where it says '10A' and set your dial to the 10A scale. to measure the current the voltmeter probes have to be in series in the positive connection to these 4P groups. if you have alligator clips on the single cell charger then clip one probe in the alligator clip and put the other on the battery terminal and see what current flows through the meter.

Back