Hello!!!

Sure. Read around a LOT on all the noob build threads before you do anything else, to find out what you will need to know to learn to ask the right questions about what you want to do.

Building an ebike is fun and not that hard to do. Any questions you have you can always post here. There are a lot of people with tons of experience to help you.

I will add that make sure you invest in think Kevlar tires and puncture resistant tire tubes. Tires often get overlooked and an ebike, and a flat tire is not fun. It will ruin your day.

Best of luck !!

The more you let us know what you need, the better we can help with your new guy questions.

Street or dirt, your weight, where you live and how steep and long the hills in your area are, etc. If you get hooked enough, you may end up with many ebikes, each one ideal for a specific thing.

Well, I live in the West Vancouver area, i would be using it for mountain biking and street biking, mainly for getting to school.
I would like to either use a 350 or 500 watt motor.
Would you recommend a normal control or a Torque simulation controller?
I was looking at this kit.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/616-q100c-cst-36v350w-rear-e-bike-whole-kit-ebike-kit.html

Hello, Are there 5volt usb ports that you can connect onto an existing lipo/ion battery, I would use these to charge phones and such. I was planning on using a couple of these batteries too: http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=279
Are there 1000 lumen or so led lights you can also connect to a lipo/ion battery? I would plan on using one or two of these lights to travel in the dark.

Thanks, Any other suggestions are great.

meepmeep22 said:
Well, I live in the West Vancouver area, i would be using it for mountain biking and street biking, mainly for getting to school.
I would like to either use a 350 or 500 watt motor.
Would you recommend a normal control or a Torque simulation controller?
I was looking at this kit.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/616-q100c-cst-36v350w-rear-e-bike-whole-kit-ebike-kit.html

That looks like a great kit, and is basically the same as what I bought (from greenbikekit.com).

Some advice:
That motor will do 15-16mph without pedaling. Above 18mph it will give you nothing at all. That is with the 201rpm motor.
many people find that too slow. A good option is to use the new Q100H, which has a no-load speed of 260rpm. This will give you roughly 20mph. OR some people use the 200rpm motor at 48volts, which also gives you 260 rpm and a little more power.

If you live somewhere hilly, the 36v 201rpm motor may be the best. If it is flatter (or you are a strong rider), you can go for 260rpm.

try reading through my build (in my sig below) and read through the Q100H thread:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55477&start=100

I've been more than happy with this. I run it on a 4s lipo pack since my battery pack is over 85V.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-85V-DC-Motorcycle-e-bike-20W-LED-Modified-Headlight-Lamp-Gold-Universal-/111411161593

BMS Battery probably has the best batteries for the money. It wouldn't make any cents to order the kit from them and pay extra shipping to get a battery from someone else.
Whether or not the Q100CST is the right motor for you depends on many variables which you have not supplied.
What bike?
Your weight, and fitness?
Riding conditions?
How serious are you about off-roading?
Etc.

Norco makes over 40 models.
If you are unwilling to supply us with what your Ebike needs are, other than you want charging for other devices, it's not really possible to make recommendations.
I suggest you start reading using keywords such as;
Cute
Q100C
so6s controller
etc.
But I can tell you this much;
The CST is usually used when you have a nice gear set that you want to reuse. A 9 or 10-speed.
The Q100C will not have much torque and that will limit any hill climbing, even when the rider is 100#
You would need to use the low-speed version(201), to have any climbing ability.
But that motor w/ 36V battery will be limited in top speed to 18 mph.
Speed would be higher w/ 48 V battery, but 48 V battery is not compatible with the SO6S controller.
So yuo see, it's complicated and why you need to do some research and focus in on exactly what you want your Ebike to do.

Okay, I would like to create a bike that can go at least 20 mph, are able to ride if the battery dies on you, Able to charge other devices, has enough torque to do a decent amount of mountain biking, and can go up hills with out crapping out.
I would use it 50-50 on the road and off road(Mountain Biking).
I don't know the model currently of the bike, but it has 9 speeds in the back, and 2 speeds in the front. It has hydraulic disk breaking.

Me:
I weigh about 100 pounds, I'm decently fit and I am able to bike(Obviously) Ive been mountain biking for a while, but i will be going on more difficult trails quite a lot more.

Riding Conditions:
I would ride on the road to get to school but, I would mostly be mountain biking. The trails here are rocky, and the outer areas are covered in trees. Look on the West Vancouver trails for more info.

I was wondering what kind of safety equipment i would require for heavy off roading, torso, legs, other stuff.

OK, that's better.
The fact that you are 100 lb.s(we are all jealous)means that you can build a decent trail bike for reasonable.
Mind you, it will not climb like a gas dirt bike, but you should be able to go most anywhere.
You will need a larger geared motor and I would recommend this one;
http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2013-9M-C45T.9DMVU
It's a CST which means you can mount your cassette gears.

The 201 wind. On 48V it should top out around 20 mph. I listed the motor only, because you will need to build a custom wheel that is strong and wide enough that mount a 2.5 inch knobby(Tires, wheels and flats will be your biggest problems).
Other things you will need to think about are battery mounting and torque arms, which can be bike model dependent.
Post or link us a pic of your bike and the rear drop-outs when you can.
I'm guessing you will have to spend around $600 to $800 to build a good reliable trail bike.
If you are still interested, we can cover more of the details.
And go ahead and start reading, it's fun!

motomech said:
OK, that's better.
The fact that you are 100 lb.s(we are all jealous)means that you can build a decent trail bike for reasonable.
Mind you, it will not climb like a gas dirt bike, but you should be able to go most anywhere.
You will need a larger geared motor and I would recommend this one;
http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2013-9M-C45T.9DMVU
It's a CST which means you can mount your cassette gears.

The 201 wind. On 48V it should top out around 20 mph. I listed the motor only, because you will need to build a custom wheel that is strong and wide enough that mount a 2.5 inch knobby(Tires, wheels and flats will be your biggest problems).
Other things you will need to think about are battery mounting and torque arms, which can be bike model dependent.
Post or link us a pic of your bike and the rear drop-outs when you can.
I'm guessing you will have to spend around $600 to $800 to build a good reliable trail bike.
If you are still interested, we can cover more of the details.
And go ahead and start reading, it's fun!

I wanted to order just from BMS battery, For now i think I will order the Kit with the 350 watt, And put a 48 volt on it. I was thinking of trying out the torque simulation thing too.

Why don't you go for the golden motor kit on bmsbattery.com? Higher range of voltages, more powerful motor, less wires. I have e-bikekit's front direct drive hub kit on my mountain bike and I do a serious amount of off road on it. Some of these guys don't like front hub kits for off road but I don't see what the problem with it is. With front kits you have less broken spokes and you don't have to worry about losing any of your gear ratios. Also I'm 308 lbs. I've also noticed that I can corner better with a front kit because the 16 lb motor keeps the wheel on the ground. I use Kenda Small Block 8 tires on my bike. I find them to be a good all around tire for street and dirt and they only run me about $25.00 each on amazon.com.

meepmeep22 said:
How do you wire in the controller?
Ive never done it before, and some help would be great!

And that's where reading the other threads would help you a LOT, you know.

Then we dont' all have to retype all the stuff we've typed quite a few times before already.

Back