Help me find a lockable battery box

morph999

100 kW
Can someone help me find a good lockable battery box. The ammo can idea didn't work out so well.

I need to be able to carry a 48v Thundersky pack which is 12 1/4" x 6 1/2 " x 7"

and a controller which is 9" x 3 1/2 " x 2" .

So I think the box needs to be about 15" x 8" x 8" . I figure that I could put the controller in like at a 45 degree angle next to the battery back so that the width doesn't need to be a full 9" although that would be nice. If I put the controller in at an angle then the width can be about 8" long and still work. If it's 8 inches wide and 8 inches tall then I should be able to put a controller in that's about 11 inches long if I place it inside diagonally.

I'm looking at this one right now.
http://store.comcycle-usa.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=4233917

My solution has been thrift stores and flea markets for steel toolboxes. The hasps on them are a joke, but better ones could be bolted on. Mine are just locked with a tiny lock that is only good enough to keep the curious out. I figure a theif is just gonna take the whole bike.

For me security is easy though, the dogs at the house, and shopping so early the low lifes are all asleep. I'll hop on my gas scooter if I have to make an afternoon run into town.

Back