Here come the clones..

when you do a video review, please dont hold the phone vertically.
year 2014 and people are still dumb enough to record vids like they are taking photos.

tung256 said:
when you do a video review, please dont hold the phone vertically.
year 2014 and people are still dumb enough to record vids like they are taking photos.

:lol:

I was thinking about getting back into this after a 6 month hiatus, I've contacted the Backfire people http://www.helloskate.com and they're pricing boards at $400USD from Supplier per set. MOQ of 1 set and around $400 shipping from China to West Aus. Quantities of 20+ are $350 per board.

All in all, it is Chinese gear, so the LiFePo4 will most likely be crap and blow up, I doubt the BMS will be decent and if the ESC will be efficient.

But, nevertheless, I've ordered some because every time I ride my redrock, everyone wants a shot.

I'll have a review from a few people in a few weeks hopefully to join Guinea Pig Mccleod.

Rosco said:
I was thinking about getting back into this after a 6 month hiatus, I've contacted the Backfire people http://www.helloskate.com and they're pricing boards at $400USD from Supplier per set. MOQ of 1 set and around $400 shipping from China to West Aus. Quantities of 20+ are $350 per board.

All in all, it is Chinese gear, so the LiFePo4 will most likely be crap and blow up, I doubt the BMS will be decent and if the ESC will be efficient.

But, nevertheless, I've ordered some because every time I ride my redrock, everyone wants a shot.

I'll have a review from a few people in a few weeks hopefully to join Guinea Pig Mccleod.

so you are buying them to resell them?

kimboviper said:
so you are buying them to resell them?

Getting a sample run first to see what kind of quality the Battery is, How the BMS handles, ESC, throttle curves etc etc.

No doubt about it, they are clones (what looks to be a hybrid of quite a few companies designs).

I was hoping to innovate my own product since there is already enough competition on the market. I want to see how cheaply LiFePo4 and integrated BMS can be done (Yet still be effective)
That's the main struggle for selling to consumers that I can foresee, if I had to teach people how to properly handle and balance LiPos it would definitely make it a hard sale.

That's not to say I won't attempt to resell the boards (I'll most likely just give them to my mates- They always want a ride), but I don't want to flood the market with cheap crap. One that is just about to start with Quality boards like Evolve and Boosted just hitting the scene, I am thinking I will just Frankenstein the boards and see how the motor mounts/ ESCs hold up and see if I can get them to specifically design boards/ battery cases/ dual drive systems etc.

The company already churns out massive amounts of blank decks, Wheels, trucks, bearings etc. But China is usually pretty lacking in Quality Control and Quality Assurance.

Time will tell.

torqueboards said:
Was thinking of getting one but it's only a single motor 1500W with 6S battery :|

how bad is that?
i thought i saw the board on your website but its no longer listed. i guess it musta been really bad then

Sorry for the late reply. Have not received mine yet. Something about shipping lithium batteries from China holding up the shipment.

mccloed said:
Sorry for the late reply. Have not received mine yet. Something about shipping lithium batteries from China holding up the shipment.
Mine was returned to Puddong, China? Look like didn't pass Chinese customs.

I'm rather confused!

Edit: ordered 30th nov

Soooo....Nobody's received their board yet? It would probably be wise to start an ebay claim or paypal claim as soon as possible. Looking like a scam from my perch.

psychotiller said:
Soooo....Nobody's received their board yet? It would probably be wise to start an ebay claim or paypal claim as soon as possible. Looking like a scam from my perch.
There ali express buyer protection, it's best to file an open dispute before 30 days unless it was extended.

Ohhhh...I wont buy from AE anymore. Can't say I've ever had a worry free transaction on their platform.The only way to buy straight from china, unless you have a personal connection is through ebay or paypal. Both are US companies and will give your money back when things go shady.

psychotiller said:

Did you purchase yours on eBay?

mccloed said:
psychotiller said:

Did you purchase yours on eBay?

Nope. You did. Thought the guy you bought it from was a US retailer?

ranged said:
China mail refusing to deliver lithium is totally legit.

Sarcasm? Hobbyking seems to get Lithium out no problem!

Yup. He's in San Diego. That's why I figured I'd get it quick. Too goo to be true, I guess. But I'm, at least, in constant contact with the guy. The price just got lowered. He said that was because he stopped trying to air freight the boards and just put them on a boat which is much cheaper.

China will deliver lithium ion with no issues. I've received countless packs of lithium ion from China.

Boat will take at least 30 days. Depending on exactly when they produce it and when they ship out. Might be about 4 to 6 weeks unless they have already shipped.

Go straight to the supplier folks-

Have a chat to Ruby at Sales@helloskate.com

What I have got so far:

Only boards available from Supplier now are the Backfire 1200W boards. They look like they use a modified wiimote as a controller, and use LiFePo4 8Ah Batteries. Cost per unit is $400USD with an average DHL shipping charge of ~$100 per set (probably a bit more to you folks in the Northern Hemisphere)

Seems they are accepting payment via PayPal, Western Union, Bank Transfer etc.

They have provided me with an invoice and what seems to be legitimate letter heading. However, I am still wary due to the fact it's the Wild Wild East.

Back