• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hidden Brake Sensor Pin Out

Sunder

10 MW
Does anyone know the pin out configuration for a brake sensor? I would have assumed that they were just micro switches on the normally open position, and when a closed position is sensed, it cut power (So that if you chose to run no brake sensor, the bike would still go).

However, looking at both the hidden brake sensor pin out, and the controller pin out, they're three pin plugs (And as they're different brands, don't match).

Does anyone know how this all works so I can rig up front and back sensor to the one input?

20130126_220748.jpg

Looking at the wires on your controller side: Black is 0v', red is 5v and green is signal. The signal is normally high, and goes low when the brake operates. I seem to remember a guy that did the same and it worked OK. He simply doubled up all the wires. The only thing that he noticed was that both the littlr LEDS on the sensors came on when either brake wa operated.

the brake sensor type on there is not a switch, it will likely be a hall sensor, so as just stated it need 5 volt feed, ground and signal out

big discussion on this in the technical reference section. look for something about using reed switched for brakes. explains all.

rick

Thanks. If it's ground, voltage and signal, should be pretty easy to determine which goes where.

IIRC, the original ones had a Y piece, so you're right, it's probably just easy to splice them all together.

The only thing that he noticed was that both the littlr LEDS on the sensors came on when either brake wa operated.

The easy fix is to use diodes to separate the two signal wires, its not really necessary just makes fault finding easier if there's ever a problem

Back