High power RC motor and drive unit production

Hey Guys,

I am sorry I have not been available lately. I have been putting in huge hours moving my shop (actually, completely remaking every aspect of the shop). I am even working on it today [labor-day].

I have been inundated with emails and PMs for drive systems. Here is where I stand;

DaVinci drives will be in stock by the end of the week, as will V4 drives and frame mounts. My shop is 95% finished. The only details remaining are not critical to the functionality of my shop (I have various outlets to run, a couple shelves to finish, and some minor items related to organization to finish). So, I will be at the shop filling orders next weekend.

This has been a LONG process and I want to that all of you guys who have had orders pending during this process.

I have been planning to move my shop for some time now. However, the catalyst for doing it now is an absolutely enormous order to fill. This is the single largest order I have ever had at one time. This order required some new equipment and additional shop capability that was easiest to implement in my new shop configuration. My shop is in my home garage now. This will allow me to immerse myself in this new project because I can spend much of my free time in the shop (being so close to home) just looking at the project bikes, problem solving, and overall design refining.

Anyway, I will be going through my PMs and emails today and tomorrow to return all questions that have not been returned yet.

Thanks Guys.......

Matt

recumpence said:
absolutely enormous order to fill

:O is this a mystery OEM manufacturer?

recumpence said:
immerse myself in this new project because I can spend much of my free time in the shop

your wife will love that :lol: . mine hates it, every spare minute I spend trying to solve a problem for an application I never end up building.

To build something that works is one thing, to build something to replicate with as little failure points and OEM fit/finish is something completely different. I am up to a stage where I just need to bite the bullet and start producing prototypes. Maybe I should buy a 3d printer :lol: and learn how to draw in 3d.

anyway thanks for the update Matt, huge balls taking your work home with you :twisted: .

Rodger

I have been down this road before. My shop started at home. This is much more organized with far better equipment this time around.

My wife is fine with this because it earns us money. She also likes the fact that I do not work evenings. She is totally on board with it.

Honestly, my wife is a negative person. So, when she and I came up with this idea to move the shop home at the same time, I was thrilled.

I need to get this order filled along with the various individual drive orders, then I can see about building myself another bike and doing more R&D.

Matt

Could your kit work for me to convert my Performer high racer 26". I am thinking mid drive is quite convenient for a recumbent since I have an idler pulley right in the middle already.

My drives are designed to drive the rear wheel with a second chain to the left side of the rear wheel by way of a sprocket mounted to the disc brake flange. If that is doable for you, yes, this system will work well.

Matt

recumpence said:
My drives are designed to drive the rear wheel with a second chain to the left side of the rear wheel by way of a sprocket mounted to the disc brake flange. If that is doable for you, yes, this system will work well.

Matt

Could you sell me a final belt drive system for a downhill bike to go with the motor system? a belt-only drive train for quietness and less maintenance.

Back