History Channel - Modern Marvels - Batteries

How would you rate this documentary on batteries?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 4 - Very Well Done

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 3 - About Average

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 2 - Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Poorly Done

• 0 - Wasn't even worth the bandwidth

• Total voters

knightmb

100 kW
This is the windows media version, will have the Quicktime version up soon enough. All commercials cut out, a skip near the end because the station clock was off from mine, so it cut out early and I had to restart the recording.

And of course, this is for private viewing only. I consider this no different than if you all came over to my house and we watched this episode in my living room, so this isn't available for any casual anonymous Internet viewer.

Windows Media 768 K/bps (259 MB)
Click Here to Watch Windows Media Version

Quicktime 768 K/bps (243 MB)
Click Here to Watch Quicktime Version

Not being a electronic or a battery geek I gave it an excellent. I noticed that lithium batteries were, while not neglected, weren't the main focus and other types weren't mentioned, the one hour presentation was quite nice.

It's good to know that 98% of all lead acid batteries are being recycled, it's nice to know about the nano technology and quite fascinating to see the batteries being made, both the Energizer and the lead acid. It gives an insight to the innards of a SLA and lets us know that R&D is still going on.

What I found most fascinating is that last night there was absolutely nothing on TV and while I was channel surfing my wife saw the demo of the Tesa. She wanted me to stop so she could see and wound up watching the entire program in real time, commercials and all. This despite the fact I told her I had it recorded. My brides interest in batteries extend to "does this flashlight work?" but she watched, learned and enjoyed.

Mike

Knightmb -- Can you please turn-off the autoplay for windows version too? I can't load this page properly.

For quicktime, I believe the auoply=false attribute works.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/embed2.html#autoplay

I'm typing this blind as the text is wiped-clean by the WMV plug-in on my mac...

xyster said:
Knightmb -- Can you please turn-off the autoplay for windows version too? I can't load this page properly.

For quicktime, I believe the auoply=false attribute works.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/embed2.html#autoplay

I'm typing this blind as the text is wiped-clean by the WMV plug-in on my mac...

The autoplay "false" does work to prevent it from playing, but quicktime still buffers the entire movie while sitting idle. Rather than fight with all the embedding, I changed them to links that should open in another window/tab. This way both will come up without stalling the entire page out.

All fixed on my end -- thanks knightmb. And thanks for posting both versions. :D I have the WMV plug-in, but there's usually still difficulties actually playing windows media. I just caught the tail-end when it aired.

loved the show played through the computer on my 120" tv .....ok ok its actally a projecter but a great 800 dollar investment anyway it sweems to me that lead acid and lithium ion are the most enviromentally safe batterys la becous thier recycled and lithium ion becous its a natural safe salt i did not know that now just make lithiums cheaper and they are the perfect battery

Back