How to connect 3 speed switch to kelly controller? (Kbs)

brumbrum

100 kW
I have a 3 way switch with 3 wires , anyone know what wires on a kelly controller will make the switch operate?

2cymr2g.jpg

At a complete guess, looking at the top connector in the image, could it be pin 7, 9 and 6 (pwwr, relay, ground) :?
Or have i got this completely wrong?

Connecting 13,14 or 15 to ground will give you the 3 speeds. You have to enable 3 Speed in the software if I'm not mistaken.

save.PNG

eee291 said:
Connecting 13,14 or 15 to ground will give you the 3 speeds. You have to enable 3 Speed in the software if I'm not mistaken.

save.PNG

Thanks. I did wonder if the micro switch connection had anything to do with it. I take it that the sentence you have quoted is somewhere in the manual that i have overlooked?
Edited to say,, i found it :D

eee291 said:

save.PNG

No option obvious option in the software :(

I guess you just need to disable all the features in the software that are on those pins? But I noticed that the brake switch relies on a 12V input just like I have it on my Scooter. So switching it to ground may make it behave like a 3 Speed switch?

Also I thought that only the KLS Controllers got those features?
Maybe Fany made a Copy/Paste mistake in the PDF like last time?

Sadly my KBS Controller has some blown Mosfets so I can't test it right now.

You're probalby better off asking Fany on how to do it.

I have since found out from Fany that the kbs-x controller can’t use 3 speed switch. But I can have a switch which can be used to limit current (economy mode selected in software). This same switch can also be used for boost (boost mode selected). Wired on to connections 2 and 4 ( Brk AN and 5v)

Only the Kls controllers are compatible with 3 way switch

Back